1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Game

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gholam High LvL Mage, Jul 1, 2001.

1. [​IMG] Need ideas for new game. I'd like to start a new game, but I have a problem. I don't want to go solo, and I don't want to have full party. I think 2 or 3 characters would do fine. I don't want to start multiplayer session, 'cause my computer is so darn slow. So, what class should I choose guys? Tired of playing mage, and I despise thieves. Come on guys! Give me some proposals. In the proposals, I'd like to have proposals for weapon-profencies to. Thanx in advance/

2. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

how bout a halfling paladin :D :rolleyes:

Give him/her the biggest weapon you can find.

3. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] why not try a cleric, nobody uses them, at least not like fighters. They are all and all solid, good hp and THAC0, why not, take minsc and jan, they make for a good even party.
    and go for darts, the most underrated weapon in the game, or maybe throwing axes or even throwing daggers, think of the possiblitys!!!!!!!

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Wizard Slayer
    Flail, War Hammer, Short Bow.

Party members:
    Jaheira - Club, Staff, Sling.
    Valygar - Katana, Mace, Long Bow.
    Yoshimo - Short Bow, Katana.

Do every possible quest before leaving for Spellhold.

No mages allowed, because you "hate them". :)

*Spoiler on which weapons to aim for*
    Protagonist:
    Flail of Ages & Shield of Harmony +2
    Tansheron's Bow

Jaheira:
    Club +3, Blackblood (& a shield)
    Sling of Everard

Valygar:
    Celestial Fury (& a shield)
    Mace of Disruption +2
    Elven Court Bow

Yoshimo:
    Tuigan Bow (3 attacks/round!)

5. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

You should do a paladin. You can kick the crap outta anything, 17 charisma makes you quite lovable plus you can weild carsomyr later on. Use Yoshimo as a thief, to be replaced by Imoen later, Anomen or Viconia as a priest (very interesting romance for a paladin!) and Nalia or Aerie as a mage, or none at all if you can wait for Imoen. If so add Mazzy for some additional fighter support, she can weild Gesen Bow and become the ultimate mage slayer with Vorpal for close combat.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I agree Tyresian, halfling cavaliers are awesome. Just take care that their str- & wis are limited to 17 when you create him (or her). For realism I restricted my halfling to one-handed weapons and chose longswords, katanas, maces and flails. A nice and robust char with a good AC and - since you have the strength girdles - a good punch too.

7. Melkhior Guest

Use a gnomish mage/thief. with lv.19
    They are the only ones that almost get all the spells when dual classing, plus you get some thieving skills :)

8. Melkhior Guest

Sorry, I´m posting doubles. Just a spell check.
    I mean, with 19 in intelligence. :p

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Your gnomish illusionist-thief thief is multiclassed isn´t he? I doubt that gnomes can dual at all ... :confused:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 01, 2001).]

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Melkhior, you can EDIT your posts. Go read the FAQ again. :rolleyes:

11. Melkhior Guest

ehm. oops. ok. i´ll go do that.

12. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

What hell is with these halfling paladins ive been seeing lately? HALFLINGS CANNOT BE PALADINS!!!

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 01, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

14. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] have a new romance if you had (or didnt) have one and consider using a different sex.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Indeed Alex, halflings can´t be paladins in BG-1 and 2 - fortunately 3E fixes this unfairness.

We all know the BG rules. But halflings give great paladins - size is no real criterium for beeing a paladin. Sir Donaldus is one of the forerunners of the movement for the short people equallity rights (a union between the dwarrrvvven rrrevvollutionarry frronnt & and the honourable society of halfling paladins). And since he went through BG-1 successfully I see no reason to deny him BG-2.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 01, 2001).]

16. thanx for all suggestions guys. And that with mages, I don't hate them, I just don't want to have a mage as protagonist.

17. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

But baldur's gate II is 2E so whats your point?

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Oh, I have a quite simple reason, Alex: FUN. Human pallys would simply bore me.

19. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Personally, I had to play some of the old quests over again, I had done most of the quests, but hadn't yet given the shadow thieves their money.. so I started all over again, and it was dreadfully dull to me. I mean the whole Amanuator quest was just a chore.. I just did it for the experience points. There was just no charm in it at all. I suppose it's more fun if it was a really long time since you played it though.. I can imagine starting BG1 all over again for example.. just to laugh at Xzar's 4 hit points :)

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Right - For an evil party:

Main Char - Bezerker
    Viconia
    Edwin
    Yoshimo/Jan

For a good party:

Main Char - Ranger/Cleric (multi-class)
    Aerie
    Keldorn/Valygar/Minsc
    Yoshimo (To be replace by Imoen)

Not too sure about proficiences.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.