1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Smilies?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Felinoid, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] I'm not intentionally trying to make Tal's job any harder, but what new smilies would y'all like to see on SP?

My vote goes for a spell-casting smiley; complete with wizardly hat and waving fingers.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Adding new smilies isn't an issue... finding good ones that match the style of our existing ones is. So if you see any good ones anywhere that'd fit, post a link and I'll consider adding them.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Not new, but I'd like to sea :coffee2: renamed :tea:, to better represent the addiction of the British Isles... But I suspect that no-one else cares! Other than that, I find that SP has about the best selection of smilies around. It's actually annoying in one way; on MSN or other sites I often find myself *really* wanting to use a smilie from SP, but I can't! :(

I mean, where else do you find a site with icons seemingly tailor-made for some of its members? :grin:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I stole this smilie from another board I read. It perfectly expresses how I feel. Any chance of it being a new addition?

Rant Smilie

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Oh, I *like* that one (BTW it's a fairly long 'rant' - keep watching :) )

And since we're on the subject, this is one I've hankered to use here (I usually resort to o_O )

blink smiliey

But I have another thing to praise B'oM about - I've really wanted to use some smilieys specific to this site on other sites I post at! :D

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    kuemper, possibly... I'll be keeping it for when I'm adding them.

apathetic empath, sorry, that one's a different style than our own.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've gotten very addicted to an online game called Yohoho Puzzle Pirates. I'm wondering about adding a pirate smiley. Here's the only one I've found from PPG:

Pirate smiley yarrr

If one could be found with a hat...

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That rant smiley is nice, but would we be able to see the 'beams' (from his head) and his hands? Those are black and we got a pretty dark background at the BoM.
    (I mean the color-theme, not our wicked past :p )

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Colthrun, what a good site! I like the « looner » one it's funny!

11. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Nice one Colthrun I also like "secret" and "looney"

12. Taluntain

Media:
    kuemper, I don't really see many occasions that'd call for a pirate smiley.

Black wouldn't be visible on the dark blue background. But that rant smiley most likely has a too long animation for me to bother recolouring it, so I'd probably just leave it.

As for that latest list, I don't see much practical use for any of them, really... we already have too many smilies no one ever uses.

13. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Actually, you can. Just save the smily image on your computer, open msn, press "tools" and then choose "my expression symbols" (or something like that), and then press "create", and choose the smily that you saved. Piece of cake.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

How about the :headbanger: smiley from here?

Or the :teacher: one (for Chev), or the :thumbsdown: one.

Note: these are very much in the same style... in fact, some of them are exactly the same.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Haha, the Uzi one is über-cool!

As for the headbanger smiley, none is greater than Undertaker's!

16. Taluntain

Media:
    I like the hi & bye wavy ones off that list. I'll be adding those in the future.

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like tha :bla: one. That could be used for lots of those longer posts ;)

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I like th happy birthday one, that would be useful

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like the puking one, it reminds me of my younger years of drinking.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    SP needs a headbanging smiliey! :thumb: The Sensorium forum has been without one for far too long! :nono:

In my searching last night to add smilies to my forums in the making, I found a few that the BoM just can't live without anylonger!

First and formost, a smiliey similar to the :banana: we already have...just better: banana rocker
    next up is the spaz headbanger
    then we have the big hair headbanger who I like the best...right next to the banana rocker! :p
    Another you might want to consider is the headphones smiley
    or better yet, the just shoot me smiley would go great in the AoDA or the AoLS! :D
    And finally, one of my new favorites: the o.O (wtf?) smiley

I have one more headbanging smiley to share, but for some reason, it has a small white background that moves with it...and I dno't have a utility that can edit animated .gif files...but if you still want to see it, here it is. Enjoy! :rolling:

[ July 12, 2006, 02:34: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.