1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New thief abilities...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Glish, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Glish Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Any idea on how the theif scribe/potion making abilities will work? Me and my freind are planning to import our characters over and play with only to characters
    (swashbuckler and fighter)so i am hoping i can brew up some magic resistance potions or some dipel magic arrows.Also info on the weapon custimation feature would be nice;.
    Thanks

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

All I've seen about this:

High level abilities for Thieves: We're releasing High Level Ability info pretty slowly but I'll give you something special here.

Evasion. A rogue's natural sense of preservation becomes heightened with the use of the Evasion ability. Evasion gives a bonus of 4 to AC and 2 to all saving throws. The effect lasts for 3 rounds.

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

They could've mead those abilities to work like in pnp and always be working and not to tease us people who don't use any special abilities :(

I hope that there'll be abilities that work all the time, I'll surely pick them.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Man, Detect Illusion works fine in BG2 if you turn on Detect Traps button.

What other spec. abilities you're talking about? Setting traps maybe? For traps that has to be made like it is - how else could the game know are you wasted all possible traps you could.

5. Avooch Dar Guest

There is definetly going to be the ablity to make potions and arrows.
    But i thought the customize weapon ability would go to fighters.

Does anyone know what bonuses a paladin will get????

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I would think mages should be the only ones who could make potions. Anyway, seems like they are modifying a lot of the feats from 3rd edition into special high level abilities for the game. It would be nice if a thief could pick up uncanny dodge and never be sneak attacked except by a higher level thief, or if a mage could scribe scrolls or make magic rings/cloaks/etc, or perhaps even scry. Darien had a news post that showed some of the high level fighter abilities, I guess from a beta version of the game perhaps.

7. Glish Gems: 1/31

I have done some research:

There are several new theif abilities: evasion, greater evasion, Alchemy and scribe.
    There is now timestop and spike traps to be set. The most interesting one is the use any item ability! This allows the theif to use any Item! Finaly, some one can use the unholy reaver +7!

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Spoilers*****
    Straight from the manual...
    Both bards and thieves get the alchemy ability, with it they can create Potions..
    ...of Master Thievery
    ...of Perception
    ...of Extra Healing
    ...of Superior Healing
    ...of Regeneration
    ...Antidote
    ...Oil of Speed
    ...of Frost Giant Strength, useable only by bards and thieves.
    Good Stuff.

9. Emos Gems: 1/31

The "Use Item" and "Assasination" abilities look really wicked...might have to try out a thief character now!

10. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

u mean that u've never picked up a thief npc, or played a thief yourself? but thieves are sooooo much fun...

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Unholy Reaver is enchanted +5, not +7.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.