1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New to NWN

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Jarlaxle, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Jarlaxle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hey all,
    i've just bought NWN a few days ago. played around with it and i need some help. i've downloaded the character creator with the extra races that i've found on this site. i've also got the bladesinger prestige class. i've played bladesingers in pnp and just love the class. is there anything special i have to do inorder to use this prestige class? also where can i go to play online? i'd like to start out with other lower level parties and not get overwelmed or killed by level 20+ players. now about the camera hack program does it have a way to move the camera directly behind your character? i've been playing Halo and SW:KotOR and gotten very used to that perspective. and just incase i missed anything any advice?
    thanks!

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

As to the bladesinger, it probably contains a readme file which explains what you need to do with it. It will most likely, as far as my knowledge goes, be put in the Hak folder.

Now, onto the online part :evil:
    Right down the bottom of BoM there is a section which contains a lot of information about an NWN persistant online world, called A Land Far Away. This place is great for all levels, and you certainly won't have any problems with Level 20 players, as there are very few. If you are looking for RPing, this is the place to go. Try visiting the ALFA forum or their front page to find out more about it. It's great, and like I have done a dozen times before, I highly recommend it.

3. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

They get tons of applications though, I've already been rejected twice so far.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Aye, that happens often. Just keep trying and you'll get in eventualy.
    It is a good thing that it is quite hard to get in. It keeps good RPers in and Powerplayers out. Usualy if what you're looking for is "kill-everyone-in-sight" then you wont bother with filling out such an application, nor waiting for a responce and downloading Haks.

Hope you get in :thumb:
    It is worth it!

5. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I was accepted first time ;)

ALFA is a good place if you're bored of people with their "ub3r l33t" characters, and dieing from insanely hard mobs with 600 hp.

Just make sure you have an hour or two to send of the aplication form, and thing about what you write.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.