1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nickademus

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by White Giant, Feb 10, 2003.

1. White Giant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Help!

I talked to Nicky, then stole from his cabinet, and now he keeps attacking me.

When I kill him the game says I've killed a crucial character. Problem is, I don't have a recent save apart from after I've stolen from the cabinet.

Anyway around this?

2. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe using Shadowkeeper will help. There ia an option that allows you to edit some events, you've to find that one responisble for Nickademus and edit it. I belive it'll equire just simple change of 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. Or do the same thing in CLUAconsole. Anyways i can't tell you exactly which line is responisble for Nickademus.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

ha ha.

There should be a backup quicksave for you in the load saved game screen. Have you tried that?

Piece of advise, save frequently, seperately.

4. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

As you stole from his cabinet Nickademus awakens, so you mustn't,try a quicksave,if this works not then you need to do whole thing from your last save again.

5. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Or, do what I did. Simply steal before you wake him up. Works everytime for me!!

6. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This works for me if I fail when I pickpocket. Before Nickademus becomes hostile, talk to him. You might get a dialogue. This might help. If it does save, save, save!

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

For some odd reason, that really bends me.

I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just that I've never done anything like that, but for some odd reason, I feel like it shouldn't be possible.

Like, the Lucas Arts games, and you can't get "stuck" where you have to reload. You get stuck because you can't figure out what it is you're supposed to do.

I can't remember getting stuck like that in all the times I've waded into the Icewind. I can't remember getting stuck like that in Amn, other than when the main character gets killed. But Amn isn't Icewind.

*sigh*

Anyways, obviously, don't steal from him. And I guess, watch out for area effect spells too.

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

They've made him "Killable" rather than running your party aground like a pebble on the beach.

I tried to kill the mage at the top of the tower [that teleports you] in the Severed Hand in IWD 1. Go on tell me he was possible? Nah, a pretty impossible cookie that old mad blighter.

Makes more sense to let you kill him, then tell you that you shouldn't, than to have you try, try, try, try again because it's impossible, but you're not aware of it.

Just my 2p's worth, but I remember how bloody frustrated I was not being able to finish him off without knowing that I couldn't.

**Oh yeah, I killed Nick too after looting his cupboard. Oh well, not quite lawful good then. **

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

From a pure role playing aspect, yes. Barring magic "invulnerable" spells, you should be able to whack anyone and do anything. I agree with you there.

But, this is a game. And letting you kill someone, and HAVE to reload it?

That's no different than if I was playing Thief, or Command and Conquer or Jedi Knight 2.

Reloads are part of the combat side of the game. But to make it part of the role playing side is called "Poor Level Design".

Now, in THIS case, the game lets you steal from him. Knowing full well he will turn hostile. His chest should have been locked, and unpickable, or it shouldn't have been selectable as a container in the first place.

And you're right. There's no substitute for making brand new save slots, all the time. I forget if there's a quick key for the "save" screen or not; I've never used it. But, in my little fantasy world that I live in, I view this and referr to it as a Poorly Designed Level.

It's one thing if you attack them, and they turn hostile and you have to reload. It (to me, at least) is another thing completely if you open/pick a container, and that person turns hostile. Yes, you're supposed to know that it's *their* container.

I don't know what to tell you. If I wasn't cheating, and was playing through without 5 million in gold, I probably would have tried opening it as well. It's like a Final Fantasy game.

10. White Giant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I started from a save that was a few days old - quite glad I did, I've found a few extra rooms now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.