1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Night or Day

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Psycho. the fanged rabbit, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I was just wonder weather you prefer night or day. I prefer night I don't know why I really can't explain it it's just a cool feeling I get where I can think of stuff (that's scary). Please try to explain yourself if you can't remember it's not that big of a deal I couldn't and I'm the smartest person in the world.

[ August 13, 2002, 07:36: Message edited by: Psycho. the fanged rabbit ]

2. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I like night. It's calm, it's cool, you can go to the park and watch the stars without little kidding running beneath your feet. The moon will shine brightly in the sky(if it's in the sky at all). Not to mention it's fun looking out the window and seeing the teenagers that live down the street make out. :evil:

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I also prefer night. I do most of my travelling at night, the roads are far more peaceful and I generally don't have to deal with the roadrage and number of cars that I would have to handle in the daylight.

I keep the lights in the house out all the time. In fact, a few of my friends have even accused me of being a vampire. I hate the sun, can't stand the heat of it and have a hard time seeing in it.

4. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I like night because:

1: My dad claims that he and I are allergic to sunshine, since we're more prone to sneezing when outdoors during the day. Come to think of it, it's probably just because there is more pollen in the air during the day.

2: My parents aren't forcing me to get dressed, go out, meet people, etc. I just go out in my bathrobe and pj's and see how many constellations I can find (which usually isn't very many, half the neighbors leave their porchlights on).

3: In summer, it's cooler, therefore less noisy (no fans or air conditioners on).

4: My kitties usually settle down and lay with me. :)

The only good thing about day is I can ride my bike, even though I'm lathered by the time I get back. :p

5. Gurtha a'coia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I used to prefer night, but now I love day. I don't know if it is in anyway related, but I used to love computers and now well I don't like them as much. I work in an office all day long and I miss daylight a lot. During the weekend there is nothing I enjoy more than laying on the surface of the water in the middle of my pool. I do have to close my eyes, but it does not matter. The feeling of the light getting through your skin turning into heat (and activating vitamin creation). We are human beings and as such our senses need to be stimulated.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, ever since I've been stuck to this blasted computer all day, I like night a whole lot more than day.

"I see the light....and it BURNS!!!!" :rolling:

7. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Day time, especially at dawn. What a glorious site watching the sun rise in the morning, with the dew on the grass and the birds singing. For me, nightime is for sleeping, playing BG, IWD, BG2 and for.... ;)

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm a night owl

Daytime is just too bright

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Day for work, night for fun... Both can be enjoyable. But generally, I concur with the Children of Ze Night. :evil:

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Neither. I love the times between 'em.

Sunrise is great. It's inspiring (unless you're in a smog-clogged city), and there's mist and fog if there's no sunrise, and it's just refreshing both ways.

Sunset is nice too. I love watching a good sunset. I also like dusk because it just feels good outside.

[ August 13, 2002, 23:08: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

At night my mind starts to overeact and I go all hallucangenic. So, I like the day better. But I hate the sun :eek: , and I can't take the slightest bit of heat. :p

12. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm nocturnal *tries not to make that sound too vampire-ish*. :)

Since I'm on vacation, I sleep from 8am to 5 or 6 pm each day... it's nice, but it gets annoying when you need something from a store that isn't open past 6 pm... My eyes are very sensitive to sunlight, so I don't miss the sun that much.

13. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Many people accuse me of being a vampire. One time when I was napping in a public place my mother told me people kept looking at me as they passed and making that little cross gesture. It wasn't my clothes either, since I was wearing cargo shorts and a hawaiian shirt. I like the night better. When my friends tease me I quote Xzar "I never liked the sunlight. 'Tis just too bright."

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Night. Definitely night.

I hate the sun. It's hot, it burns, it hurts my eyes, it makes me sick... I usually cover most of my skin and wear sunglasses outside.

I love the night, the sounds, the chill, the smell, the stars... night is my time.

Unfortunately, night-life and school don't mix. I was awake 1.30 last night, and I had to wake before six ... ufrgh. Thank WHPTIITI for long bus rides!

Ara
    (Eeep... Eeep... Reboot...)

15. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

My friends call me the night hawk. (maybe after the comic hero, not sure) Yes! Night is better for me because of the silence and stillness I get from it. Its quite peaceful. Day is noisy and there to much movement going on.

16. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well i like night better since its easier to get blood, i do not burn to ashes and i can hang out with the other bats........

just kidding, i like night better cause:
    1:No phone calls :)
    2: noone exept me around
    3:i am allergic to sun(my skin starts itching) and the stars look much better than that blasted sun(and im not a vampire :p )

17. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Night. The only time that i can just sit in my room in piece playing games, reading or surfing the web in piece. Oh and my hamster gets up at night, so night deffinatley kicks ass, i have such a great hamster, his balls are too big :)

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Definitely night. It's just so calm and no one bothers you. Anyway the sun annoys me more than anything else. Though sleeping about 4 h/day is not enough (except for me offcourse, I meant this for all you weaklings out there who sleep for 12 h/day at least).

Hey Tal, why isn't there a smiley with a vampiric look here?

/Me grumbles something like - "*grumble* *grumble* coffee" - and sits into a dark corner of my room

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I love the night, like to hang around in darkneSS Talking to the moon and the stars since they are my friends and they will guide me through my life.

I wordschip the night, I'm a son of darkness living on starlight...and moon light!

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hve been accused of being vampiric. I am always awake at night (slept for ten minutes last night and got up bright and early :roll: ) I also used to/still have large canines and like blood (that sounds reeeaaaal gross)

I am always more awake in the dark though can be just as active during the day even if it takes more effort, I have to wear Sunglasses and burn easily, so I just stay indoors and keep my computers company, or BlackCats, or schools, depending where I am

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.