1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

No Braegh

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Mittbro, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mittbro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just started a new game after installing the 'Ease-of-use' mod, by Westley Weimer. Its pretty cool, ive only got to Targos town and already got some good gear, but when I went to go buy some braegh from Guthewulfe Henghelm to cure Valin Geldencross, he didnt have any. Its not a big problem, although I like to get the most exp points possible, I was wondering if there would be anything later in the game (certain items needed) that would stop me from completeing the main quest because this mod has got rid of them?

2. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Perhaps you pickpocketed him earlier, and forgot about it?? I've never heard of the Braehg being missing before. Ease-of-use is an old and well tested mod, so i doubt it is responsible. But if you want it to work properly with other mods, you need to update the WeiDU installer. Many people overlook this: go to weidu.org to download the latest version, and replace and rename the Setup-IWD2-Ease.exe with the WeiDU.exe in the download... good luck, hope it helps.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    If you're stuck and it's a bug then you should try and use Gate Keeper 2 to add it to one of your character's inventory (check the mod list on the main site). ;)

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Sounds pretty much like a problem caused by the "randomized loot" portion of the EoU. It switches stuff around to others with similar value, but does this in a way that completely ignores the fact that SOME of the items are required parts in quests, some even critical to successfull completion of the game.

5. Mittbro Gems: 1/31

It is the 'randomized treasure' component, uninstalled it, lost half me loot!! aarrrgghh!! got the braegh to Valin, reinstalled the 'rt' component, got me loot back, and got the ex points. Dont really wanna do that every time i need an item, so downloaded the WeiDU.
    "replace and rename the Setup-IWD2-Ease.exe with the WeiDU.exe in the download"
    Dot sure what to do here, put the WeiDU.exe in the IDII folder, how do I replace the Setup-IWD2-Ease.exe with it?

6. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I would highly recommend that you just go ahead and restart without the randomized items component. The headache you encountered is nothing next to what you'll experience if you try to go through the whole game with it turned on.

Some advice - Don't automatically install all of the components. Go through the readme to see which ones you really want.

7. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I frequently forget to mention randomized treasure... it's severely bugged and leads to crashes. Never install it!!!

8. Mittbro Gems: 1/31

Oh good :o Randomized Treasure uninstallation in 5 4 3 2 1......
    Thanks
    Because I did install it, will it still crash do ya think?

9. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Shouldn't, but, who knows? You can always just restart like the rest of us do. :D

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You're not that far ahead so you can restart. I played through Targos at least 50 times (if not more) I just love the beginning of the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.