1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Odd things you do that nobody else does (or so you think)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just want to know if anyone else does weird things like myself :p

Here I go!

I put the seat down after using the bathroom.

I don't step on cracks

In between cracks I count my steps, and I always have to make an even number of steps before I go over another crack. If the distance between cracks makes me step more than 8 times, I will only pass the next crack after my number of steps is a multiple of 8.

I eat carrots, cucumbers, macaroni and cheese, and sometimes spaghetti with ketchup.

If I pop the bones on one side of my body, I have to stay "symmetrical" and pop the same bones on the other side of my body.

I pick my nose

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Lid too, for me; do you know how much sprays out every time you flush? :eek: Keep your toothbrush away from that thing.
    :confused: That's not weird. Ketchup is just processed tomatoes, and what do you think spaghetti sauce is?
    That's just a matter of comfort. I've tried only popping one side, but the other gets so tense afterwards that it needs to be popped too.
    The solid stuff just won't come out, no matter how hard I blow my nose. Something must be done! :hahaerr:
    :jawdrop: Okay, that's just waaaay too specific. I sometimes count my steps while pacing, but that's more to occupy my brain than anything else.

3. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

don't you do anything weird felinoid? I agree about the nose picking, when I do it in public and people stare I just say "What?! I have to breathe you know!"

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What does "popping your bones" mean? Sounds horribly painful.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Errr...ooooookaaaaay. :rolleyes:

Let's see here.

I always clean out the bathroom sink after shaving, brushing of my teeth, or anytime something something else is in it. Splashing water isn't enough, I grab the "All surface cleaner" stuff and and cloth and clean it good! - I do this because I stick my head under the faucet to get my hair wet when I have to "do" my hair...and I don't want to come face to face with a big glob of toothpaste or the like. :eek:

I need music at almost all times when I'm awake. But if it's crappy music (i.e. Rap/hip hop/R&B, pop, country, or "nu-metal") I get angry, and feel like crap until I can hear music of my liking...but I won't tell anyone.

I leave the toilet seat up after I'm done with it. Men need it up, women need it down. 90% of the time men have the lift the seat up before they go...so it's only fair that women have to set it down before they go.

Hmmm...That's all I can think of. :rolling:

6. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

Cracking your bones like a chiropracter would do.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never been to a chiroprater. "Cracking" your bones sounds even more painful than "popping" them! Some of you people are really weird.

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Antoher term is "poping" your joints.

HB, here's a short lesson...grab ahold of one of your toes, and pull on it until you hear/feel a popping sound. Sure, it doesn't feel very good on your toes, but works wonders on stiff fingers, and backs! :thumb: :rolling:

9. Felinoid

@HB:
    Like cracking your knuckles, but really it can be done with any joint you have. The ones you don't expect (hips, elbows, etc.) are the most painful, but frequency deadens the sensation. If you crack a joint enough, it won't hurt at all.

@JiggaJay:
    Whoa, in public? I only do it at home if I can help it, and try to hide it if I can't. It's considered impolite, but I don't really see why; I've never been as disgusted by other people doing it as some people seem to be.

If you want more:
    - As a cat, I don't like water very much, so it's a sacrifice that I even shower once a week. Of course, I still do it for important things like family gatherings and such, and I imagine I'll probably have to do it at least every other day when I get a job, but until then it's simply a waste of time, IMO. Despite that, though, I still get my fair share of offers from the ladies. :cool:
    -I have to have some sort of noise for me to sleep. I usually leave the TV on, sometimes with the sleep function.
    -...can't really think of anything I haven't already mentioned, except maybe that I spend far too much time on the computer.

10. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

- The volume counter on anything, such as the TV, cannot be left on an odd number under any circumstances!

- I'm not truly relaxed/happy until the room I'm in is spotlessly clean and tidy... so I occasionally get up and rearrange things on a whim.

- I sometimes speak my thoughts out loud, sometimes enough to make people think I'm talking to myself.

- I sometimes theme what foods I eat. Snacks usually consist of bread and cheese, or a chunk of meat, or both. This is the simulate the rations my character/s are eating in a game I may be playing at the time. Another example is if a book I'm reading describes the characters eating certain foods, if I'm hungry I do my best to whip up those same foods.

11. Felinoid

That too, though for me it's even numbers or multiples of five. It's a lot easier if they don't show you anything.
    That simply comes from being the only person in the room smart enough to understand what you're talking about. The most intelligent conversationalist I've ever found is myself. ;)

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I pick my nose in private and public. ;)

I do things in multiples of 3.

I can't flush the toilet while seated.

My keyboard must be at a 37* angle to my hands as I type.

I need a clock of some type in every room.

Toilet paper rolls over, not under (heathens).

My rings go on black sapphire, opal, wedding band.

I go to the bathroom before I leave the house.

I eat single portions at a time. Ex: Potatos on plate alone, then corn alone and finally meatloaf alone. I don't like my food to touch each other, even though it ends up that way in my stomach. I am the Vulcan of the family.

More food fun - I eat pizza with a fork.

Gravy is evil.

I sit with my feet hiked up on the chair rungs or wheel bars. If my feet touch the floor, I sit with my toes curled completely into my arches.

13. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

I have a habit of making dumb topics like this, whether or not I look like my avatar, rapping about CRPG's (made that 30 seconds ago, hope it takes off) and other things.

@kuemper You eat things on single plates!? That's crazy! Who does the dishes in your house?!

@Sir Farivold I too speak my thoughts aloud, even the dirty ones >.> When people respond to what I'm asking myself I think "WTF?! How did they hear my thoughts?!"

yep, keep em coming! *pats self on back for what he thinks are good topics :p *

14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I don't step on people's cracks either. I think it's a pretty rude thing to do, and painful too. You could sprain your ankle doing that, if the person is particularly flubbery.

15. Kitrax

Media:
    I totally agree with you on that one kuemper! I *loathe* it when people put the toilet papaer rools so they roll from underneath. :bang: :rolling:

16. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31

As do I!! *shudders at thought of toilet paper going under* My little bro does it and I get really angry when he does it!!

17. Harbourboy

Man, you people are WEIRD!

Who cares which way the toilet paper goes?!

What difference does it make whether the volume is at an odd or even number?!

What does it matter if your food touches some other food!?

Why on earth would anyone want to pop or crack their bones or joints?!

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I use proper grammar and spell words the right way. :p

My hands need to be washed clean or I won't be happy. If I touch any liquid other than tap water or cleaner water I need to feel at least a drop of tap water splashing on my fingers. Just wiping them won't do.

I match clothes and matching clothes is a good way to score points with me. And I always notice. People should go to jail for wearing business jackets (let alone evening ones) with blue jeans or similar, especially tarnished. Suity shirts with jeans are bad and jeans and a tie on one person is a crime.

I make websites in notepad and from scratch. To hell with HTML and PHP editors.

I don't wear a watch. I'm not sure if I own a working one.

19. Felinoid

Stuff it in your stocking, bird-boy. I'd rather be weird than boring. :p

20. Harbourboy

That's pretty unusual, but at least it's sensible and logical.

[ December 30, 2005, 02:23: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.