1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ODIN versus ZEUS

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by sorvo, Feb 21, 2002.

1. sorvo Guest

Who do you think the victor would be if these 2 mighty GODS had to battle to the death!

2. Cannibal Penguin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well Odin, duh. He's got the cool sword and spear, AND a horse! What's Zeus got, some silly taser and a toga? Pfft.

3. PowerPuff Guest

Well, Odin is the wisest of the gods, and is both a wargod and a powerful shaman (Some say he is the god of war, storms, death and 'poetry' - but I don't know about that). Being biased and all, I suspect that he would royally kick Zeus' ass.

If somehow Zeus would get the upper hand, I suppose Odin could run away on his eight-legged horse... :D

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Oh, Odin will whac Zeus. Period.

Ara
    (Needs more posts, but will not spam...)

5. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] zeus' thunderbolts would allow him to beat odin from a distance.

however, if you're talking 'celebrity deathmatch' in an enclosed space, odin would definitely have the edge- as he would be used to battle after constant war with the jotnar.

anyway, weren't norse gods supposed to be mortal? if so, then zeus should be triumphant.

i would win.

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Whos Odin anyways?

From what I hear of the few posts I'm a little torn.

7. PowerPuff Guest

Odin is the mightiest of the gods in norse mythology...

Nice history lesson (Verbose mode on ;) )
    Somewhere on that page, there is a section called "Who were the most important gods?"

[This message has been edited by PowerPuff (edited February 21, 2002).]

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Definitely Odin. Worst case, he could always throw is other eye at Zues ...

What about an all-out pantheon grudge match???

Tyr would kick Aries bootie
    Thors verses Hercules ... no question
    Lokki might get whooped by Hermes
    Apollo would turn Balder into a Pin Cushion ...

Any more?

9. PowerPuff Guest

Freya would probably dire charm the whole lot, ruining the fight...

10. sorvo Guest

I forgot to mention I have thier AD&D stats:) They both have 25's in all 6 abilities and 400 HP each. Zeus is 25th level Cleric,17th level Fighter,20th level Magic User,20th level Illusionist and 15th level Bard. Odin is 30th level Cleric,14th level Druid,18th level Ranger,30th level Magic User, and 15th level Bard.

11. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Against that spear of Odin's, Zeus wouldn't stand a chance, close combat or no. Odin would probably win without the spear anyway...

Now, Sæhrimnir versus Cerebus? Cerebus would likely win. And then win again... And again... And again... And so on. ;)

12. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Zeus would definitely win, I have read a vast amount of mythology, and Zeus can fight very well and he fights dirty, compared to Odin, he is the better god.

13. How about the monsters?

Garm vs. Fenrir
    Jormugand vs. the Hydra
    Can't think of any more . . .

14. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Odin Vs. Zeus. hmmm

Zeus has lightning right? And a bigger beard

15. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wednesday is actually named after Odin, Wuden's day. Wuden being a Scandinavian pronoucation, something like that.

Anyway Odin's cooler but Zeus is immortal and Odin is not. Odin has to eat golden apples to retain his age and youth. Mortal vs. Immortal ??!? 'nuff said.

16. sorvo Guest

How is Zeus Immortal? If he exists he can die!

[This message has been edited by sorvo (edited February 22, 2002).]

17. PowerPuff Guest

Wednesday is called 'onsdag', which is short for Odin's Dag, or 'Odin's Day'.

Considering that Odin was also the god of storms and bad weather in general, 'onsdag' is not considered a 'lucky' day. You're not supposed to move into a new house, or get married, or do anything potentially hazardous on a 'onsdag'.

[EDIT:] In case you wondered, you should do the aforementioned things on Tuesdays - which is Tyr's day... ;) ('tirsdag')

[This message has been edited by PowerPuff (edited February 22, 2002).]

18. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] did some research. looks like the clover and i are right. odin was mortal, therefore zeus should win.

19. [​IMG] Well Zeus whacks and Aphrodite charms...;)
    They could kick some butt...:lol::lol:
    Except Heras,of course.:rolleyes:

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

PowerPuff ... you can actually do that to most of the days of the week.

Sun Day & Moon Day
    Tua's Day (minor norse goddess of nature IIRC)
    Wuden's Day
    Tyr's Day
    Friya's Day

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.