1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Other nicknames

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Baezlebub, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm not asking what you want to change your nicknames to, but if you have had a different nickname in the past.

Mine used to be 'Your Lord and Master', but i ditched that after 2 minutes for this one.

"This has been inspired by probing questions posed to me in the chatrooms by SoCo."

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Good you have changed. I utterly despise any nick that includes the word 'your'. I also despise pompous nicks, the closer it gets to Divine-Ruler-Of-This-All, the more I despise it. Arrogance is too small a word to be used here, I believe, and when it enters conjunction with second-person implications, then I am no longer unfuriated, but overwhelmed with pity. Apparently, I have not yet mastered higher levels of fury. Another thing is that some of people who have such nicknames are just joking, ie double-joking, without actually thinking that such a joke is funny, sort of bitter irony. Perhaps you belong here. But it's still a great breach of social rules.

But to pretend to stay within the topic, my nick was chevalier des Trois-Tours, a highschool nickname. I shortened in after some time. I never actually expected anything more than just 'chevalier' to be used, but some people might be bothered trying to use the whole nickname while being polite. So I changed it.

[ August 05, 2003, 09:52: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    SoCo loves calling me Hot Rod :p

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Virne has always been Virne. :p So, any questions? :heh:

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

It used to be Silverblade, until a few seconds ago.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I used to go by the name zaknafein, but I just couldn't take the unoriginality of it. Not that Aikanaro is all that more original, just less known :D

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You mean you can change your nick whenever you feel like it ?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No. You can change it when you have a VERY good reason to change it.

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

My name on the boardsused to be Djizzu G'izmo, but I think that nearly any of you can pronounce that, so I changed it to my current...

10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Didn't Baezlebub initially intend that we discuss if we had changed the little blurb below our name?

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

@Chev: Do you mean like Ruler of the known Universe? :D

12. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I remember take my nick from a comic: Dax, then I used KGB but then I decided to continue with Dax but I made a combination with my name Syd for Sydney + ax= Sydax. Weird.

13. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I started here with a few post as Nicolas80 (my name plus my birth year).
    On the chat SoCo calls me the "Italian Latin Lover" and chev calls me "Horny Gorny". :p ;) :D

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    ... and you're my caro mio, of course! :love:

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] <-- Always have been, always will be.

Though I'm also known as Octara in the Friendly Arm :thumb:

16. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Rallymama: oh, mia bella dama! :love:
    Your pesto still echoes in my dreams! :D

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

@ Earl Tea.
    No.

Morgoth has calle dme Lord of the Flies a number of times. Doesn't really bother me.

By the way, Earl Tea, feel free to knock yourself out with changes to your quote. It's a pretty open discussion.

18. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I was considering Celes after a character in FFIII then Kilara, Sotami, and others which flitted across my mind in the space of a second before I thought of Valkyrie. Which is also, coincidentally, from a video game I have

19. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Hmm, I've also been known as The Grey Mouser, Grey Mouse, Grey Mouser, Packrat, Puubaa but most of my friends at home call me Mouse.

20 kudo points to anybody who can tell me where the first nickname came from;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  20. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I used to be 11_year_old_gamer, but changed it for two resons: One, I'm now 12, and two, nobody seems to want to answer a kid's questions. >.<

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.