1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pally - cleric and turn undead ability

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Ragusa, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a question about adding a cleric level to a - in my case - lvl-8 paladin. How will turn undead work then?

When you have a lvl-9 pally and add a cleric level: How will turn undead work then? On cleric level or on pally level or on pally + cleric level ?

2. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Im 90% sure that it stacks. Why would it not? Its not seperate abilities. I am 90% sure but if Im wrong tell me plz.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I like the turn undead ability in NWN!! My pally has a 20 charisma (16 base, helm of persuasion +2, and cloak of the nymph +2) and he wipes out most low level undead, and hs turned wraiths, doom knights, and skeletal warriors!

I'm level 13 now, and I've been thinking about leveling into sorcerer because their spells are charisma based. Let me know how the added cleric levels are...

4. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

I am currently using a Pally/Sorcerer very powerful fun and flexible. err the class is. Dont take anything from that. Also I threw in a ranger level to get the free dual weild option.

Whats realy cool is when ill get tensers transfermation from the sorce. Ill woop major but with my super pally.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Bel, the problem with adding a sorcerer level to a pally is the arcane spellcasting failure - when you use a shield and a heavy armor you may have accumulated 80% arcane spellcasting failure. Clerics on the other hand don't have this trouble, divine magic is not affected by armor.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Wouldn't Still Spell take care of that at the relatively small price of casting the spell at one level higher?

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Plus, I've most been wearing that comfortable armor that has only a 40% failure rate...I may give it a try to see what it's like...

8. Rael Elrohim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

40% is still hugely annoying....

Clerics dont get much offensive magic , although I do like casting heal on undead and watching them fry......

I was considering a wizard level or two, but with my armour shield combo, I have an 80% failure rate.. not worth it ...

9. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

Since im a pally-sorce-ranger I need light armor to use the two wepon ranger bonus anyway. So i only got 10% failure. I have never failed yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.