1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Party being killed by poison quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Vehementi, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Vehementi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,

My girlfriend is playing through BG1 (using BG1tutu if that matters - should I post this in the BG2 forum consequentially?) and she's at that part in BG city where that guy comes up to you and says "you've been poisoned and will die etc.!" except she killed the guy immediately (or preemptively? I forget) and took the antidote from his body and used it. Many days later, her party spontaneously dies on rest, most likely due to this (i.e. bugged quest). How can she edit stuff so that the whole "die x days later" thing gets fixed?

Thanks,

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Lothander doesn't have the cure, only part of it. Marek has the main part, and you have to go through the whole quest to get it, since it's not an actual item you can loot from his body. (Well, he does have a neat 10-use antidote bottle, but that doesn't cure the poison.) There is no way to "fix" this except by doing the quest; I hope you have a prior save you can use. Even a couple hours gives you enough time if you cheat your way back to the city. If you've got one, there are a few things I need to know to help you:

1. Where are you at the moment? If you're in Chapter Six I'll need to know the exact area so I can get you back there when this is done, but if you're just out and about in Chapters 5 or 7 you can get back there on your own.
    2. Exactly how far did you get in the Poison quest? The first encounter is in the north-east sector with both Marek and Lothander, the second encounter is with Lothander in the middle sector, the third encounter is with Lothander in the Blade and Stars (southeast), and the fourth and final encounter is with Marek.
    3. (Partially dependant on 2.) Who died? Marek or Lothander? Lothander is the guy in green who is pretty weak; Marek is dressed in much darker colors and may actually put up a fight.

[ April 22, 2006, 08:03: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. Vehementi Gems: 1/31

So the quest isn't totally broken by her having killed that guy? Neato. Is there a way to just cheat to remove the flag? I recall there being ways to cheat to make quests enabled or disabled or romance flags on or off etc., but I haven't played BG in years.

4. Felinoid

No, the quest is broken, but that doesn't mean I can't restart it. Check what I've edited into my last post for what I need to help you. At the moment I'm headed to bed, though, so I'll have to get back to you in the morning.

5. fishy Gems: 1/31

Hi!

I have saves from just about every leg of the game. By "prior" do you mean "before I killed Marek" or something else?

1. Chapter 7. The last save have me sitting in the sewers under the city.
    2. I'm not sure which encounter it was (it's been months), but the part that I'm stuck at was when I couldn't hand in the tome to the Bitch Queen priestess. The option to see her in her temple never came up, before or after I identified the tome. I've already used it up (I think it was a +wis).
    3. Marek was the one I killed, in the very first encounter, NE sector. I have his ten-use potion. Neither resisted when I attacked; they just kept walking. That's why I only had time to get one of them.

Thanks for your help!

6. Felinoid

The girlfriend, I presume? Welcome to the boards, m'lady. Anyway, by prior I mean preferably before you killed Marek (since that would allow you to just redo it), but otherwise just anytime before you wake up dead will work fine. ;)
    You talk to a random priestess (though only one of them gives you the right dialogue choices) and must give her money for an audience with Jalantha Mistmyr. At this point, you don't want to hoard, so give the max (100gp, IIRC).
    That's rather odd. In vanilla BG1, your poisoning doesn't actually get triggered until you talk to Lothander by himself for the first time, since it would be unfair to have the PC just spontaneously die without warning 10 days after a seemingly pointless encounter. I can't speak to how Tutu deals with it, though.

One thing I'm sure of is that Marek is not dead. ;) If you talked to him and he started walking away, the game scripts probably consider the quest still a go, so you may be able to do it as normal. Load up the earliest save you've got (or at least one with a couple hours before you die) and look for Lothander in the middle sector by the tents. If you do come to a spot where it stalls, for example if Lothander isn't where he's supposed to be, post again here and I'll guide you through it. :)

7. fishy Gems: 1/31

The part that's stuck is where none of the three priestesses give me the right dialogue option to see Jalantha even after I've got the tome she wants. (Unless there is a mysterious hidden fourth priestess somewhere!) Lothander is there and he's told me about his geas, but that's it.

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

OMG, fishy?!?!?

9. Felinoid

Klorox, settle. ;)

fishy, there is supposed to be four of them. Do the three you found all say "Tread carefully..."? The one you're looking for says "For what purpose do you visit the B!tch Queen?" For simpicity's sake and not overlooking anyone, I'd recommend having a different NPC 'guard' anyone you've talked to, to try to ferret out the fourth.

However, it's not likely that this will work, since the one in question is supposed to walk right up to you and initiate dialogue the first time you enter the temple. And if this is the first time you've entered the temple (as in, you haven't done the quest with the little boy and the priest of Tymora), she would have been right there and walked straight up to you. So if you can't find the elusive priestess, use this code:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("_PUMBERL")
    All you'll have to do is select the proper option when she talks to you. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.