1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Perfect Good Aligned Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vigilante, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Vigilante Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm not sure what happened to my last post about good classes, but I would like to know everyone's opinion on the best good aligned party to choose, that combines good NPC socilaizing, and good fighting/defense. I'm trying to decide on my party and cant so I want to know what other people think..

2. Bon Gems: 1/31

My party is:

Bon - Kensai/Mage
    Minsc
    Yoshimo
    Keldorn
    Anoman
    Cernd

BTW - after I free Imoen, do I have to have her in my party?

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] After rescuing Imoen from Spellhold, she is open to be welcomed into your aprty once again yes.

4. Bon Gems: 1/31

I don't want her in my party, thanks very much... I have a good thief, and a good mage.

5. Rideema Gems: 1/31

that told him Bon! you stick with it

(looks guiltily away) ;)

(sorry - couldn't resist)

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bon - Given your party as it is now, when you rescue Imoen, you will likely welcome Imoen back into your party. I won't say any more... wouldn't want to spoil the surprise :)

7. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Arthur Wilhelm (cavalier)
    Keldorn
    Minsc
    Aerie
    Jaheira
    Imoen (just got her back in spellhold)

Tanks up front supported by the magic from back. Really wanted to work Valygar in there as well, but Minsc won out due to his comedic dialogues.

8. Vigilante Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the replies people, what do you guys think of these two possible parties?
    Aragorn-Stalker
    Minsc-Ranger
    Yoshimo-Bounty Hunter (later Imoen)
    Jaheira-Druid/Fighter
    Aerie-Mage/cleric
    Keldorn-Inquisitor(After I've done all character quests)

I got my Stalker using either two long swords or two scimitars (Dont ask why because it has to do with ToB equipment), Minsc using a Two handed sword, Jaheira using scimitar and shield, and Aerie eventually using the Staff of Magi, Yoshimo would work with a bow, and Keldorn would come in once i'm ready to go after Imoen, using Cromsyr.

Arthur-Conjurer
    Minsc-Ranger
    Yoshimo-BH(-Later Imoen)
    Jaheira-Druid/Fighter
    Keldorn-Inquisitor(Same rule as above)
    Aerie-Cleric/Mage (??? Not sure if she is really need, and could maybe replace her with something else,would like your opinion)

Basicly all the characters are the same, but my Conjurer would be nearly invincible with the Staff of Magi. (and if I export them to the expansion pack the powers add up). So, we would be looking at atleast 2 mages (me and Imoen) and a cleric/Mage. I'm not sure about you guys but I think thats over doing it, but I'm not sure. I really like to be a ranger, but I also like the character's talking to each other, I'm trying to find the universal party that combines all of these aspects and is still fun to play with and not a chore..

Anyway, just wanted to know what you guys thought of this party.

[This message has been edited by Vigilante (edited June 18, 2002).]

9. Cog Primius Guest

[edit] i deleted this message becouse i have found more information...

...thanks Gopher

/Cog Primius

[This message has been edited by Cog Primius (edited June 23, 2002).]

10. zaknafein Guest

you probably shouldnt have given that away after everyone else had managed to avoid saying it.

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Actually Cog, Yoshimo could never be Evil. He's very neutral in character and .....
    I'm not going to tell you more for the sake of Spoiler-free gaming.
    Check your PM's.

12. Vigilante Gems: 1/31

I'm aware of what he does, but he is an amazing thief when used right, and those traps come in handy against Lichs and Dragons. Anyway, I did the party where my Stalker is the PC and its Great, Right now I'm using Daystar and Blade of Roses on him, Very nice.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you want a social party then I would suggest:

Valygar
    Mazzy
    Minsc
    Aerie
    Keldorn

They don't annoy each other, don't annoy you and are quite decent. 4 can be ranged, 4 have cleric spells, only one mage though, 4 front-line fighters, quite blanced.

/hits self for not coming up with it before

14. Padeen:mage/thief.
    Anomen
    Keldon
    Jaheira
    Nalia
    Aerie

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.