1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Permanent INT Drain?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ShadowDruid, Sep 4, 2005.

1. ShadowDruid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay my protagonist is a female elf wizard. I was fighting the slave lords in the temple district and that stupid mist thing that attacks wizard's starting attacking mine. And I didn't notice this till a while after but now her int. is 3. I think it was because of that mist thing... I tried greater restoration to dispel the effects but it didn't work. I think my int. had been permanently changed to 3... is there a way around this ???

I can't use some of the items that I could before. And that mist thing took my robe of the good arch-magi! gah!

thanks!

[ September 04, 2005, 23:27: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Swing her with the Carsomyr once or use Dispel Magic on her. :)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sounds like you got attacked by a nishruu, which eats magic items. Your robe is probably in its tummy getting digested. :sick: I don't know if a nishruu drains intelligence. Try casting Remove Curse (clerics have this at 3rd level, iirc).

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Since my avatar is one of those mists I feel compelled to respond. :p The creature you refer to is a Nishruu, iirc. They feed upon memorized spells, items with charges - and, although it hasnt happened to me yet, destroy magical equipment as well. However, as far as I know they do not drain Int. Odd. Thats not supposed to happen.

A way to fix up the wizard would be either to clua in some tomes of intelligence (book05 or book06) or use Shadowkeeper.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

From Monsters of Faerun:
    Spellcasters (arcane and divine) lose one prepared spell, determined randomly, upon initial contact with a nishruu. Each round the spellcaster remains in contact with the creature, she loses an additional randomly selected spell. Each time the character loses a spell in this manner, she must make a Will save (DC 15) or suffer under the effects of the feeblemind spell.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I learnt it the hard way when I cast Feeblemind on a dragon and then hit him with Carsomyr. The Dispel Magic on hit property didn't tolerate the ill effect I had placed on him, and so he started to be able to hit back. While Dispel Magic won't work on traditional INT drain, it's the only way to get rid of Feeblemind.

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sounds like feeblemind to me... Nishruu doesn't drain INT. But I thought a feebleminded icon would appear on the character's portrait... oh well. You should try casting heal on her too. IIRC that cures feeblemind in the spell description. Or maybe just try resting.

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If it was Feeblemind, ShadowDruid would have noticed it right away, cause someone under that spell cant be moved around, the inventory cant be opened and such. They just stand there, drooling, amazed by the fact their hands sport ten fingers. I think the wizard is plagued by something different.

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Try sleeping. It should go away after a few hours, iirc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.