1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Phobias

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Silvery, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm scared of fish

I can't eat fish, I can't go in the sea and it has been known for me to be unable to touch Ashley if he's had fish fingers.

I'm getting good though. I put my hand in our aquarium tonight!

What phobias do you guys have?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm Belonephobia ane Heamophobic. Get severe physical reactions, I know it's ridiculous in myself which just makes it really embarressing when my body freaks out and I'm trying to stay calm.

Also have a fear of loud noises which makes me tearful and jumpy for ages after being shouted at or hearing a loud bang or other similar noise.

Kev and I have a rather exaggerated fear of being alone, but everyone has that to some extent.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have a phobia of women. Whenever they come around me, I get really nervous and a strange tingly feeling in my private bits that ends with a strange rigor mortis-like situation down there. It thoroughly frightens me.

The Great Snook likes this.
  4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sounds dreadful Saber

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have a phobia of horny college kids from the East Coast. :p

I also have a fear of spiders and heights. If I were up on a high ladder, and I came face to face unexpectedly with a spider...I'd be screwed. :bad:

The funny thing about my fear of heights is the fact that I love roller coasters. The higher the first hill, the better!

Saber likes this.
  6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Funny thing Kitrax, I'm not good with heights either (but that's not severe so I can't climb a ladder but I do feel it distracting if I'm on a roof) and I just can't stand spiders (I have to kill them as soon as I see one and I can't bear the idea of one touching my skin).

Being afraid of spiders is a pain for a guy as most people don't find this very manly. Unfortunately I really can't help it. If somebody put a gun to my head and forced me to watch Arachnophobia I could only pray for a clean headshot.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Kit - I know people who are afraid of heights but not roller coasters. They never look down over the side though . . .

They only look straight ahead.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have no fears. Except perhaps of pissing off the Mrs....

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mrs. Snook is the queen of irrational phobias. Possibly my favorite one is fear of a plane falling out of the sky and hitting her. She goes slightly nuts when she hears a jet overhead.

Deathmage likes this.
  10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:lol: Too bad I can't rep ya for that right freaking now...

Back on topic, my phobia? Freaking bridges... they make me nervous, and that is an understatement.

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Umbrellas :p

On a more serious note, thunderstorms. (Usually related with having to shut down the PC.) I know it's silly but I don't like them.

Rarely, rarely - random irrational panic attacks, or in the words of ALF: "Planet Earth is out to get me." Waiting for the sun to come up. Odd stuff like that. Probably just projecting anxiety from other sources.

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Where I live I can't go anywhere without crossing a bridge. I'm right in the middle of the city between two rivers and there are many bridges on both sides. Not being able to cross one would be a major annoyance.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've got no problems crossing bridges... but the closer to one I get, the more nervous I become... until reaching terra firma again, where I start breathing easier. I hate the damn things, I don't know why, but they scare the living hell out of me.

And that's actually one of the perks of stinking ol' QC... there's a ferry service that I can take when I've got buisness on the South Shore, which is pretty often. Even better, with my bus pass -- I unfortunately no longer can afford my truck... so it's in storage until I get the damn promotion and some more cash coming in -- the ferry doesn't cost a dime.

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Bees and hornets. I'm no hero around spiders either but not to the point where it qualifies as a phobia.

15. Saber

My serious phobia would be of bugs. I can do small bugs fine, but the large ones, the hairy ones, the ones that look gross are just repulsive and freak me out. Cockroaches are a big fear for me. If you've ever seen King Kong (Peter Jackson's version), that scene with all the giant bugs is one of the hardest scenes for me to watch.

Spiders (excluding hairy ones and really big ones) are fine though.

16. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Needles. I tried to punch the doctor that pierced my ears, and I wanted pierced ears!
    I am capable of fighting the phobia enough to prevent assault charges, but my blood pressure skyrockets!
    This does mean I will never get a tattoo. I'd be catatonic by the end of it!

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I shudder at the sight of slimy creatures like frogs and newts, basically seeing or just thinking of these amphibians gives me goosebumps or make the hairs on my arms or back of my head stands up. I remember as a kid, I really had a hard time touch the pages of those Ranger Rick animal magazine that featured amphibians. They really creeped me out. Toads and those bigger lizards and snakes are more tolerable though.

I used to be have quite a fear of heights too. Couldn't look down the balcony or building or edge of a mountain that's at least 6 stories high. Always felt like I have butterflies in my stomach. So about 6 years ago, I somewhat forced myself to go backcountry backpacking. Do note that trying to cure my fear of heights wasn't the only reason for this and certainly not the main reason either. Thank goodness, I can now say that I have greatly improved. I find myself somewhat confident when crossing short knife-edge, cliffs on the mountain, hanging bridges and even got to look down balconies or roofdecks of buildings around 20 stories. Although, sitting or standing of the ledge of balconies/rooftops will definitely scare the heck out of me.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not me...arms up and eyes open the entire time. I like looking around when I go on rides like Supreme Scream at Knott's Berry Farm.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't know if it's a phobia but I get a little freaked out when I am in a room that is too crowded.

20. Saber

It's called claustrophobia :p I have some minor issues with that too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.