1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Picking Pockets

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TrueBlueAussie, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] What useful items are held by who? I know that Ribald hold a ring of regeneration which is a god send at the start of the game but what else is there that is worth pilphering?

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Go to the Copper Coronet and then you'll see Madam Nin, the pimp. I think she carries a ruby ring, a pearl necklace and a few other things.

Not that great but that's all I can really remember :D

3. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nobles carry spell scrolls around -- another useful way to nab those low-to-mid spells for free.

Again, the Genie outside the tent in Trademeet has a djinni flask; very useful in the early stages of SoA, especially when you need some tanks.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Just pickpocket anyone you find, you will be suprised often, you can get some spiffy mage scrolls!

Tolgerias in Council building has his ring of ram. Later, you can loot another from his corpse:you can never have enough of these!

You can also pick pocket 'the ring' from Kangaxx before it turns hostile, then you can have another when you kill him:can you smell the cheese?

5. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Lord Ophal( he is in the southwest corner of Waukeen's Promenade) has a lot of greater potions of healing. It is useful in the beginning of the game. Also that djinni flask and ring of regeneration are very useful. I can't remember anything else

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

OH! I didn't know you could do that to Kangaxx!

7. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You have to be pretty damn fast to make that trick. I personaly never bother with it. Sure, extra ring of Gaxx is great, but not worth that much trouble. At least not in my book.

On topic: Mae Var has some nice items, and pretty much of them too. I believe I pick pocketed more than ten items from him. I don't know if he still has them on when you fight with him, but it's still useful. You can never have to many potions or gems, at least at the very start of the game.

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    It should be noted that if you have Baldurdash installed, then you will not be able to pickpocket Kangaxx for multiple Rings.

9. Von'Meyer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Try stealing from guards for tons of extra arrows and healing potions.

Try stealing from nobles for scrolls and high priced jewels.

Steal a Ring of Regeneration from Ribald.

Try stealing from EVERY SHADOW THEIF you see for lots of potions of Extra Healing, Theif Mastery, and Potions of Invisibility.

Stealing from the "runners," those guys that run up to the party to deliver some kind of news before running right back off screen, can yeild some good stuff. Too bad I don't remember what right now.

Man I'm tired!

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well I actually never tried stealing from Kangaxx, but I had heard the trick from a good source, so..go for it if you do not have the fix! :p

11. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

In Trademeet, the Djinn outside the tent has a bottle of Djinni Summoning.

12. Akira Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

At the City Gates, if you "save" the merchant there from the evil, nasty thief, and just happened to have ingested a master thief potion beforehand, you should be able to steal quite a few items yourself from his shop's inventory before being found out. Then if he does notice you, he won't turn hostile or damage your reputation, simply leave.

13. Sandmann Gems: 1/31

In the Underdark, after freeing the mage from his imprisonment, you can pick his pocket after each travel to the Elemental Planes, taking everything what he has found. Doing so will prevent him from giving you the Rod or the scrolls (again), but the conversation remains the same.

14. Sandmann Gems: 1/31

At the Druid Grove, the rakshasa in human form has her own head in her pocket, so you don't have to kill her for it... :D After this experience, I've started to pickpocket everyone who isn't hostile (yet), but dragons don't have their hoard on themselves. Lord Windspear, however, has a deed of his land that's required by Firklaag for some reward. In the heat of the battle against Bodhi, I was able to get my hands on the Aegis Fang and Catti-Brie's bow too (but it led to a buggy apearence of that green-dressed mage who can't be killed or spoken to, but allways disrupting my party's conversations). The paladins and the thieves, who help in the same battle, have +2 weapons in their pockets as well. The shark-men's king has the key of his treasury, and after you give him the (false) heart, you can get it back too (even if it is useless). The shark-men's prince has the part of an artifact that can be stolen without killing him.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yoshi pickpocketed the head priest in Helm's Temple for a spiffy helmet. I am not sure if it is a quest reward or not, but it sure is handy!

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Was that the Helm of Glory? If so, then it is a quest reward but I normally just loot it anyway.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes, with +1 AC and CHA. It is nice. I was never given that as a quest reward before though, which quest are we talking about?

Ahh, is it the reward for solving Unseeing Eye trouble? I have multiple strongholds tweak so they always give me Cleric Stronghold instead, I guess. :p

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I believe it is the reward for the artist/illithium quest.

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Hmm, you may be right, I generally do not bother to finish that quest, I use the pure ilithum to upgrade items instead...I know you can get a fake ilithum, anger the artist, and yet the temple will still be happy (for some reason) but I found it too much trouble to bother. :aww:

BUT I did it once when I had cleric levels waaaay back in my very first runs. Lathander temple offered A Holy Ring, Armor of Faith, or Staff Spear (or something like that) to me as a reward IIRC, though my memory is all blurry, is this the reward of that quest for Lathander temple? I wonder what will Talos give?

20. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I believe all 3 temples offer those same 3 items as a reward.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.