1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pintin the lazy miner?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Sir Belisarius, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I hired Candrella (whatever her name is, the woman in the Alliance Arms Inn in Port Llast) and Pintin, the miner from Old Owl Well, to mine the ore deposits I found in CHapter I.

She brings me ore from the mines, but Pintin gets all huffy and says: "Maybe you didn't understand me before; you find me ore, I'll get it for you." Yet he never brings any...And I think I've found 6-7 ore deposits so far in the game.

Did I miss something?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No. Pentin actually left me because of that. Good riddance I say :)

I think we keep his mine workers though and they work for Calindra... Pentin said something that implied that I thought.

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Does Calindra bring any exotic ore? So far I'm getting iron, silver and cold iron. I want some mithral, adamantine, and darksteel, baby!!!

Or do I need to create it myself?!?!?

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can't remember what I got from her, but I know I found a chest of 25 Adamantine in that Illefarn place :) You occasionally find ingots as treasure, and you can also buy what you want.

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I've bought pretty much every ingot, essence and critter limb, hide, tooth, wing, booger, etc...that I've found in the game so far.

One thing I am glad about...I'm glad I didn't go on any huge spending sprees - the gold Nasher gives you for your keep doesn't go very far...I haven't even finished my private rooms yet, and I've already dipped into my own private gold stash!!

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Oh, I went deep into my own money. But after the Illefarn ruins I sold all the magical stuff I wasn't using, and took up all that thief-guy's (the one in your Keep) gold - somewhere in the neighborhood of 300K gold. His max for any item was 15K gold.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Eh... I didn't know where to find an armorer while I was building up my men, so the only red thing on the entire list of specs for my keep was the mens armor, (none), everything else was perfect.

For Pentin to work, you just gotta hit a mine that gives xp then talk to him (and not calindra). If you talk to one or the other first, the other won't go mine it.

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I basically found all the ore before I had my keep and I think I talked to Calindra first, so she got it all I guess :)

Oh, and the armorer is in Fort Locke in case you're interested and don't already know.

EDIT - Oh right, I got the armorer and the weaponsmith backwards in my mind.

[ November 30, 2006, 22:37: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

9. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

He's actually in High-Cliff, the guy at Fort Locke is the weaponsmith :p .

I'm not exactly sure how all that ore worked before the keep, I'm thinking that it was used without the miners because I talked to pintin and calindra right away about those mines and they didn't act as if I knew about them. Probably another glitch that needs work.

10. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think you only need either her or the Half-Orc. They both do the same thing, i.e. mine ore so you smiths can upgrade your soldiers' armor and weapons. If you never talk to the woman and instead talk to the Half-Orc he'll go out and mine ore you find, and vice-versa.

The only difference, I think, is that the woman will sometimes give you ore samples and the half-orc will just give you gold for ore you find. Either way it's fairly irrelevant at that point in the game as you're fairly rich already and have found or can buy all the ore you need for crafting.

11. Wolverine690 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

bah I'm pissed I wasn't able to upgraded my people b/c I never found any ore deposites nor did I even know to look for them till after I was already in chapter 3... :( I'm thinking I'm going to restart the freaking game b/c I also thought the lvl cap would be 40 again as the first one was after the expansions & seems kinda lame they'd bump it back down for this one & I was planning on being 40 & screwed up my build b/c of it.

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    You must have bulldozed through Chapter II - the ore deposits are not hard to find...And they're in just about every hole you crawl through in the game.

I've been taking my time - enjoying the ride. I'm just now working on the ritual of purification, and I've been crafting a lot. I just made "Tyr's Justice" a +5 adamantine bastard sword, that does 2d6 holy +2 magic damage. Fun, fun!

13. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Lol, before the silver sword my main had a cold iron great sword. Yep, that's right, despite all that cash, I went through with a damned cold iron great sword that was unmagical.

The dwarf on the other hand had the uber hammer from the clan ironfist...

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    You didn't find any better Greatswords? That's unusual... The Gemsword is a nice Greatsword I found (and improved a bit :) ), but I crafted a couple others for myself too. I made a cold iron Greatsword +5 with 2d6 vs. Evil and 1D6 Cold before heading to the Fire Giant mountain :) Cut through those Giants like buttah :lol:

Oh, and in Chapter 3 Calindra was bringing in exotics like Darksteel and Adamantine samples for me.

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Does Calindra bring any gems? I find that's what I am short of most of the time. I made a new holy sword too:

Cold Iron Bastard Sword +5, Holy (2d6 vs. Evil), Disruption (Undead save at DC 14, or die!!)...Belisarius' Holy Sword of Disruption +5 :D It rocks!!!

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I never got any gems from her. I've bought many of the gems I needed, but I found several crafting-level gems on the Fire Giant mountain, especially in the dragon's hoard.

17. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

It's not that I didn't find them, it's that I just didn't want to use them.

Calindra doesn't grab any gems from what I know. She only gives you samples of the ore.

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Any particular reason you would want to stick with a non-magical cold iron greatsword over anything else?

19. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Too lazy to go to a shop and buy one basically. Everything my party had, they found :) .

Though while I technically did visit some armor/weaponsmiths, I didn't really feel like losing the weapon after I got it... You might consider it a lapse of judgement?

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I guess I'm just a little confused. You mentioned above that it wasn't that you didn't find any, you just didn't want to use them. Now you say that it was because you were too lazy to buy one.

So was it that you didn't find any or that you didn't want to use the others you found?

You should have at least gotten the Greatsword that's from a blade golem (I forget the name) when you killed the Shadow Reaver with the Iltkezar book.

Not that it really matters; I'm just curious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.