1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Planning on buying WC tickets ?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Pac man, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Then better take a second job, possibly a third. :rolleyes:

I'll see if i can find some online info to back up this post, but for now you'll have to take my word for it. I read this in a Dutch footballmagazine. First of all, we Dutch get 4-5 thousand tickets per match, even though we have more than 100.000 fans willing to visit the matches, throughout the group phase, the opponent gets the same amount. So that's 10.000 seats for footballstadiums that can contain 60.000 spectators. Who gets the other 50.000 you ask ? Those go to German ticketbureaus all over the land, which you can contact by e-mail or phone, and order your 60€ tickets for prices up to 1100€. Mind you, this is only for the group phase, don't even ask about prices for quarter, semi, and finals tickets.

Football is no longer a sport for the ordinary man in the street i'm afraid. They're stealing our game with insane prices like that.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll be hoping to get a ticket, but I'm not pinning my hopes very high... Another problem is accommodation, you'd probably need to remortgage your house to afford a few days in a Germany hotel over the WC period. The prices will sky rocket. I'll do my upmost to be there though, even if it's just to sit in a pub and soak up the atmosphere! It'll be fantastic.

One thing's for sure, English fans will absolutely swamp Germany. Tickets or no, they'll be there over-taking the country.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31

So are we, it's just around the corner anyway, but i'm curious what all those fans without tickets are going to do, because one thing is for sure, there's going to be a lot of disspointed footballfans wandering around the stadiums next summer.

Accomodation is the least of my worries, we'll simply bunk in the car, as long as there's beer, it's all the same with me anyway.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    They'll just chill in the pubs mate. Me and my mate are on about it. Just go there with a bit of money, if you can get a ticket then great, if not, just chill in the pubs, take in the sights and watch the games on the big screens. It's the whole occasion and atmosphere that will be great.

Shame we couldn't bunk in the car, don't know how we'd get it over there :lol: .

I say we do bets on who will take the most fans, I say England :thumb: .

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, since there are about 5 times as many Brits as there are Dutch, chances are you might be right on this one. Still, i think there will be a considerably impressive invasion of weirdos dressed in orange. I'm guessing somewhat between 30 and 50 thousand per game. Good thing our host is the land of many beers. :D

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Tickets? Yes, I'm going to get it.

Place to live? With my father's relatives in Germany.

Problem solved. :)

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Channel tunnel? It will take you a complete day to drive there, but at least you can have a go at the Autobahn.

Don't forget we drive on the other side of the road. ;)

8. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The right side of the road (and I mean that in two ways)

I'll just watch the games on TV...

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am with Barmy on this one. I will just try to get down there and chill and any tickets will be a bonus.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Maybe we need to set up some kind of meeting point for SP members, if our teams are not playing too far away from eachother. Some kind of international beerbrawl, that would be great. Let's keep this open for discussion until we actually know where we'll be playing. :)

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    But countries like Italy, France etc. (not to mention Brazil etc.) have a higher population than us yet we always take the most fans to competitions :cool: .
    I was quite surprised to see you say that Holland only has 10m people! :eek: I would have thought it was much more.

And I'd be up for a world cup meet! (so long as you're buying :thumb: )

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

My bad, there's 16 million of us, might even be 17, i lost count along the road. But i thought there were somewhat 80 million English, hence my comparison. Still my bad though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.