1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Playing evil (spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by GabrielNYC, Jun 9, 2003.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Aside from doing away with the Silver Dragon, killing the Shadow Thieves, taking the ransom for that hostage, etc etc..

how does one play an evil character in the game? I've been toying with the idea of playing a neutral evil bard but i remembered when I first played this game as a fighter/cleric of helm there weren't that many options that are inherently "evil."

It'd be cool to try and make a mod that actually encourages the character to act evil.

How hard is it to learn how to use WEIDU?

2. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

why would you need something to encourage someone to act evil? there are many many chances to act evil in the game. Half of the dialogues have a rude or mean way of saying them. Most of those responses have consequences. Just don't be nice and you're being mean. Be mean enough to enough people, and do the evil actions when available and you're acting evil. If you notice, in TOB, you have plenty of chances to be evil.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Two things on the evil side of the equation -- if you choose to sacrifice the real eggs and then fight the silver dragon, after killing her, how do you get to the surface?

Number 2, this is just a comment on being evil, but in ToB, in Saradush, I always have the guy read the teleport scroll and disintegrate himself. It's fun. I don't see that as being any more evil than sending that Helmitic cleric Odren down to be sealed in the Keep after you read the scroll on the outside. That isn't considered an evil act.

4. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

finish all quest before spellhold...
    then kill everyone exept those at the adventure mart (new items after underdark) and exepth copper coronet owner (new items after inishing slave quest).

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have heard that if you kill Adalon, there is a scroll in the loot that allows you to exit.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Thanks, BTA. Can anyone confirm that for absolute sure?

7. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

it doesn't matter. At anytime you can exit by going through the Kua Toa part of the underdark (about middle left) and just keep going to the exit. There is a force of dark elves there, but if you wipe them out you can just continue passed them to the service.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Most of the time that door behind the Drow is sealed. I am uncertain under what circumstances it is opened. (Other than by Adalon or her scroll)

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've never taken evil and killed Adalon straight up . . . first I sell the eggs to the demon after sacrificing the drow twice over. Then I wipe out the whole city, just because it offends my inner sensibilities and it should be more on a grid plan with public transportation. This, of course, is after I buy the slaves and free them, only to kill them before they leave the screen. That's not to mention the whole ugly deep gnome extermination incident that my psychiatrist wants to discuss (his liver was not so hot with the Fava beans, I don't see what Hannibal Lechter likes about liver).

I've poisoned the Druid grove, blown off Nalia after killing her aunt and everything in her keep (killed her too, couldn't stand those "what are we doing to help the poor" monologues -- let them figure it out themselves).

Once I killed enough of the cowled wizards, they stopped their offensive nonsense about who ran the streets.

It was fun giving those brats beer and swords in the Umar Hills, I just wish that I could have figured out a way to set them on the ogre and other beasts up north in the map.

Completed the ruin of Garren Winspear (who needs a holy avenger anyway?) and parted on fine terms with the dragon.

Emptied out the Temple of Lathander and, for the heck of it, took out the Helmites as well. Let's not even talk about the Radiant Knights except to say that they radiate a little less with their heads cut off.

Left Jan in jail after ratting him out to the cops. (Of course, Minsc and Jaheira are still rotting in their cages.)

I don't think there are too many people left alive in the Docks District, or at least I tried to depopulate the place.

You get the idea.

10. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Playing evil kinda sucks for the reason that you get so much less xp. (except in certian times). Nevertheless heres a few ways to play evil in bg2 and still get some xp. Kill Aerie (less exp). Dont find evidence to confront the tanner (same exp no +1 to rep.) Poisen grove in trademeet (less exp). Kill garren windspear and give firkragg his deed (less exp i think). And there are tons of other ways. Now as far as I can tell there is ONE an only ONE time when being evil gets you extra exp. This is in the unseeing eye quest. If you give the half of the rod to the cleric that sends you to get it, you get an extra 70000 exp, after that he attacks you, you kill him and can finish the rest of the quest like you always do.

11. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

After you kill the silver dragon, you must have her scroll otherwise the door is sealed. This is the fatest way to get out of underdark. Kill that guy who has the light gem(or pickpocket), kill silver dragon and you are done. This is what I normally do to quickly finish SoA and go to ToB.
    If you are really evil, you can kill your sister.
    I mean by the end, you are an evil God, there's nothing more evil than that. You can think you are pretending to be good just to reach this final evil goal.

12. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Regarding mods for intrinsically evil characters: There is a mod for an Anti-Paladin, I've been longing to try. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

13. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

I was wondering about that..one of the Weidu mods has an Anti-Paladin kit. I looked through it and wasn't too impressed. Wouldnt an anti-paladin be able to control the undead and have similar but "anti" abilities of a paladin?

maybe thats why the blackguard was made for 3e D&D.

Anyone know where I can i find a tutorial on how to use WEIDU in mod making?

14. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Guess it's just me, but I thought playing the evil side was the most boring series of events of my life. Evil doesn't necessarily mean killing every thing in sight, but it sure seems that way in the game. Working for Bodhi sucked and was dull; the whole poisoning of the druid grove was boring and unfulfilling; random acts of thievery became mundane.

I understand that the games were written with more of a leaning towards good, but geez at least make it interesting to those that like to play evil characters -- which, normally, I do and for years in PnP ran drow and druegar characters... much to the dismay of many a DM, but I digress. If all I wanted was kill, maim, and destroy I'd have stuck with Diablo.

<sigh> Guess it's the paladin's life for me.

15. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Playing evil character is usually easier than good (like the slaver quest, and the underdark), but is less rewarding, so you may not find it as interesting

16. kyros nighle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

regarding adalon, if you kill her you get a scroll (though not the crossbow you get if you complete the quest) that teleports you at the feet of the drow exit door.
    regarding the evil part,being evil means to resolve problems mostly in the most gory easier cheaper way as posible, and as it IS a game you would say that it is better if you have to do more things to accomplish a goal (if you dont think this way then i dont get why you waste your life in the computer) cause what you look for when you play a game is:
    1.- an escape of reality
    2.- fun
    3.- challange
    4.- other reasons
    but mainly 2, and 3.
    so being evil i think at the long run is boring, and being good gives you exactly what you are looking for.
    PD
    dmc, ive got to say that your post is funny as hell. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.