1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: 8peoples' Shiny New Races

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by 8people, Nov 24, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This is a wee poll - these are all my races, around 50, that are included in my world - Chirofen.

Here it is: Out of all these races I'd like you to selsct which one you'd be most like - they have short descriptions aboutheir appearnece and manner. please post if you vote - or if you haven't got a clue what I'm babbling about - but the thread might get too long it you do that ;)

[EDIT] Sorry it's so long :cry: [/EDIT]

Please vote here:

[ November 24, 2002, 22:06: Message edited by: 8people ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 44 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: 8peoples' Shiny New Races (44 votes.)

8peoples' Shiny New Races (Choose 1)
    * Aborest - Green skin and hair, are evil and mysterious using wild magic, they are like evil dryads and are twiggy. - 0% (0)
    * Angels - fair skin and hair, feathery wings and very good and religious and do good deeds and heal the wounded - 9% (4)
    * Banshee - Green skin, black hair, wears long dresses - robes for the guys ;) like to stea lthe souls of th living damning them to bansheeness when htey die - 0% (0)
    * Beefleet - Yello skin apart from black arms and legs and a little stinger at the back, yes they are evil bee-human people with pointed faces, red eyes, transparent wings and a craving for sugar - 0% (0)
    * Bunyip - Humans mostly but have bunny ears rabbit hind legs and a bobtail - a bit like TeenyS in fancy dress :p they are good natured. - 0% (0)
    * Butterfleet - Butterfly wings and fair skinned usually with curly hair they are the good versions of Beefleet - 0% (0)
    * Cairntaur - eveil Centaurs, have shorter legs - a bit like ponies - 0% (0)
    * Caninet - Dog person - slightly doggish head and has paws and hind legs of a dog, can communicate with either species they can be rather dopey but cool just the same - 2% (1)
    * Catalink - Cat person, they are all one colour, have whiskers, ears and paws - and tails!! - 5% (2)
    * Centaur - think you know ;) Horsey people if you don't - 2% (1)
    * Cyeclops - giant with one eye - misunderstood, not all that evil, they are quit intelligent for what they are, but yes, they do like clubs, especially on Fridays - 2% (1)
    * Devil - red skinned, horned, winged, tailed and hooved. ready to kick rightous buttt - 7% (3)
    * Dracon - Dragon/Human race, have wigs tails and feet of the dragon, often horns and claws too and their faces are sometimes rather long - 11% (5)
    * Drow - The dark elves ;) - 9% (4)
    * Elf - The afraid-of-the-dark elves :p - 7% (3)
    * Fairy - ickle fairies, teeny wings and teeny people, rather delicate but can be pests in a fight! - 0% (0)
    * Faun - Sometimes called Satyres (sp) They have goat back ends and horns (not on their back end) - like wine - 0% (0)
    * Fey - Tall, pale, gaunt and long hair usually brown or black - like inverted drow if you like. They have fangs and drink blood and like gambling, they are the evil forms of Sidhe, they have bat wings - 5% (2)
    * FireDea - People made out of what looks to be lava, their hair are flames and they often lure humans to their doom - 2% (1)
    * FlowerSprite - they use flower power! they are the faerie race of earth - so to speak usually in forests they are mischievous and like to play pranks on people wandering past. - 0% (0)
    * Gargoyle - Stone people that like to sit in high places taking advantage of the weather and pigeons, they aren't aligned either way but can be good in a fight - usually they don't resort to violence, being as patient as a rock - literally! Their favorite music is rock and heavy metal - 5% (2)
    * Giant - they are tall and have blue skin. usually red eyes too they tend to be more evil and fairly common. Usually are around 10-20 feet tall - 0% (0)
    * Gnome - Y'know them ;) - 0% (0)
    * Goblin - Little green men not from Mars. not very bright - in fact, as dim as a light bulb that's switched off. - 0% (0)
    * Gyllian - webbed feet and hands like swimming, they are nice and niave - very friendly :) - 0% (0)
    * Halfling - Y'know 'em - 0% (0)
    * Harpy - Arms are also wings, they have harp pointed features and their legs are like that off a bird of prey (eagle or Raven sort - not owly sort) they are evil and have screechy voices - often like mothers trying to get you up early - 0% (0)
    * Humans - look in the mirror - wait... that might not help... - 0% (0)
    * Meduse - A gorgan basically, snakey hair, stone gaze, usually fairly attractive though as you can't look at them the term "Drop dead Gorgeous" springs to mind - 0% (0)
    * Merperson - Under da sea. You should know what these are. - 0% (0)
    * Minotaur - Big bullies! You should know what these are too - 0% (0)
    * Molluscatent - please don't laugh. They are half human - half snail. They have shells on their head and have arms, legs, hands and feet but no fingers and stuff. they are slightly scaly as is their hair, they are usually clerics and very shy and helpful - 0% (0)
    * Ogre - 20-30 feet tall, green skin. Like giants except they aren't as evil and a lot taller. They are slightly more intelligent and a lot stronger, though subtlety and sneaking aren't their strong points. - 0% (0)
    * Orc - tall goblins that are hairier and are just sort of an unprgrade really. - 0% (0)
    * Ostrichk - Half human half Osterich - Legs, tail and body of the bird, torso and head of the human. - 0% (0)
    * Paraquet - Half parrot half human, sort of colourful humans rally - don't stop talking... like hyper schoolgirls - 0% (0)
    * Sidhe - really pretty, they have fair skin and hair - like an angel and haive golden fairy wings. they are good and have a healing touch - 11% (5)
    * SnakeMiz - snake people, a bit like yaun-ti they ahve scaly skin and hair, snake eyes and look more or less human. They can transform into a snake if they are really angry, scared or sad. - 0% (0)
    * Sphinx - lions body, womans head, eagles wings and other things. Riddlles galore and gold in store. A thirst for blood and they dsipse good. they fight for land with claw and hand. I'll will stop talking like this now :rolleyes: - 0% (0)
    * Taeros - Evil Tauros withought horns - see next - 0% (0)
    * Tauros - good. they are like centaurs except are half cattle instead of horse, they have large curly horns on their heads too - 0% (0)
    * Trolls - tall, can be very thin or very fat depending on the type of troll. they usually prefer mountains and rocky places. - 0% (0)
    * Turtrens - turtle-people, they have shells which are more like loose plate armour than round things like on turtles. their hands and feet are very wide and clawed. they are wise yet a bit slow. - 0% (0)
    * Vampire - blood! I want blood! - 5% (2)
    * Veela - Very pretty people. Yes they are like the ones out of Harry Potter. But i came up with them before but they had another name. They have silvery gold hair and use magic, they sprout eagle wings and beaks when angry and theyr hands and legs become clawed. - 2% (1)
    * Weedling - Like an evil, tatty, Flower Sprite - 2% (1)
    * Werewolves - ArooO! You know them human by day, wolf by night, during the day thy can turn half wolf if they really need to - once a day. - 7% (3)
    * WoodNymph - Like Dryads except slightly more elven yo could say - Good version of Aborest - 2% (1)
    * Zebredum - Evil zebrum, halve pale skin and dark behinds with three white stripes - 0% (0)
    * Zebrum - Zebra centaurs, they have dark skin and pale - usually white but can be brown, blonde or red hair. nice ^_^ - 5% (2)

2. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I chose angels! ever read the description of archangels in the monstersmanual? that's why!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Bear in mind these are races that I've added a twist in :p

What you know of them may not be true for these

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Whoa - you have far too much time on your hands, 8people. :-p
    Perhaps you should write a novel or make a film out of this world Chirofen; even these races alone are too many to read online.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"What you know of them may not be true for these "

Alright.

So.

Which one has females that are really, REALLY good in bed?

Hunh?

6. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think in personality and temperament I am most like the dwarves. I'm (relatively) short (5'10"), broad shouldered and barrel chested. I don't have a beard, but could grow one in about 5 or 6 days if I wanted to. I am somewhat open minded, but when my mind is made up, I am extremely stubborn, and cannot be budged. If you get to know me I am extremely loyal and will do anything for you, but if I don't know you I can be somewhat gruff and even fierce. Not many people get close to me, but the few who do are friends for life. I like to build things and make things with my hands. I appreciate nature, but am rarely seen out doors, preferring to spend time in my cave, crafting. But Dwarves weren't on the list, so I chose my 2nd favorite, Dracon.

Don't listen to the people who say it's too long! Be as creative as you like, even if it means making a longer poll.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You should have made it possible to choose more than one. Then again, that would defy the purpose wouldn't it

8. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Drow, definatly drow!
    They are just like SOOOOO cool!
    And they are elves...
    :)

/me is gettin tired *sigh*

9. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think my second choice would have been Weedlings (i like the name) or possibly turtrens if they looked anything like the multicoloured good turtles in Black & White

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Zebrum - what a cool idea. There are lots of cool ideas there. Keep up the good work.

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'd be an elf for the plain reason that i could, in theory have roughly, if i'm lucky, twenty human female lovers. Plus I'd get to see myself be put in history and still live for another 400 years!

I'm basing this on an elf's lifespan of 600 years. I'm not sure so please, correct me if i am wrong :p

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Perhaps I should write a short bestiary in CS :p

the longest living race is a Turtren, closely followed by Vampires and Banshees. Elves live for 400 years, on an average. Humans live for around 80 and compared to most the races are incredibly short lived. Each race has a different death count though. Meaning some can die more than once, Humans are one of those. there aren't many races that get a single life though. Catalinks for example get 9 - for reasons obvious. :p

13. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'll stick with my portrait. I like being consistent.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Lemme guess, tDM, Devil?

atm Sidhe are the most voted for... with 5 votes.

15. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I wanted to choose dwarves, but could not find them. Do they exist is your world, are you planning to intorduce them later on or do you not like the stout folk?

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I choose the Cyeclops, since the name reminds me so much of cyclops , :1eye: yup in the land of blind people oneeye is king.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay - please excuse the typos :rolleyes:

In this world there is one small community of dwarfs, they have slowly divided and gone seperate ways - you may encounter a few but they are too rare really.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The Drow Rule SUPREAME!!! :rolling:

[EDIT] WooHoo!!! 400 posts! :rolling:

[ November 26, 2002, 22:43: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Correct me if I'm wrong (for this world) but isn't the whole point of banshees is that they are evil female elves that died in circumstances that I can't exactly recall right now?

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Maybe in your world :p

But Banshees can be of both genders. They are undead that are alive. :confused: they are hard to explain :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.