1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Are You A Freaking Moron?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SlimShogun, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] With the latest additions to Whatnots, this tidy section of BOM has spiraled into what I like to call "A room of ignorants slinging random ignorant, off-topic comments about like small, ignorant children."

I vote yes.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 41 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Are You A Freaking Moron? (41 votes.)

Are You A Freaking Moron? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 46% (19)
    * Shut up, Slim. You're a freaking moron! Oh, and America sucks, too. Yeah. Oh and also, doodie. - 54% (22)

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

3. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Might as Hell be Slim.

This is the main reason I think dictatorships are better than democracy.

But then again you must recognize this freedom of speech is a non-removable part of democracy that counts for anyone... including the ones you despise or hate.

If you truly believe in democracy you must accept the existence of mentally underdeveloped human beings and their tongues and let them (or us?) have this air we breathe filled with their (or our?) freedom to express their opinnons.

In democracy your opinnion count as much as another's opinion regardless of the state of mental health.

P.S.:

DAMN! My left hand is failing me again! Ssorry for the typoos.

[ October 01, 2002, 02:14: Message edited by: Shadowhunter ]

4. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No, Slim, you niiice.

Everybody niiice.

Teeny :) :) :) :) :)
    (Getting 'high' (again))

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I thought to vote "yes", but I haven't voted at all.
    You have no right to equalize yourself with America (regardless my feelings about America).

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Uh. I can't answer that, I don't think i'm a moron, I don't think you're a moron and I don't hate America. The only difference I see between Americans and any other civilised person is a different accent, ok!? :toofar:

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Soooo, people who love America are morons?
    ah, its getting clear now! ;)

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

What is this? Another America bashing thread? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really getting sick of things like this. Slim, did you run out of material to attack other people with, because I just don't get the point of this thread.

9. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I hate the American government, not the American people.

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Technically speaking, I'm a "Maroon".

As in, "What-a-Maroon!"

:)

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] LET ME SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU.

The reason I created this thread is to use a little something I like to call "sarcasm." This is a tool I like to use to create something else. I call this something "humour." Recently, there has been a lot of something else in Whatnots. I'll refer to this as "STUPIDITY." Moronic threads [read: Is Bush a Moron, Is Bush Going Insane, Are The American People Insane, COUNTLESS OTHERS] have been cropping up left and right. Master Tal has scolded me for a'cussin' and a'hollerin' before, so I shant commit a second offense. Instead, I decided to test how subtle I must be to get my point across. Judging from the first bunch of replies, I should probably be as subtle as a FREAKING NUCLEAR BLAST.

The title of this thread was not meant to be taken literally. Apparantly, it should read: ARE YOU A FREAKING MORON OR DO YOU JUST NOT GET WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY?

Next: I am American, and proud of it. I'm ALSO sick of the mindless, ignorant America[n] bashing going on, hence the fact that I said:
    I was hoping some boardmembers might understand what I was trying to say, and respond with some witty banter or whatever. Apparantly not. INSTEAD, I got completely random posts from Shadowhunter, Teensabre, Morgoth, and S Goddess. Z-Layrex and Rastor completely missed the point, as did Ex. I forgive Ex, though, cause [I assume] English is not his first language. At least EJ chimed in just at the right time with some like-minded comic relief. Thanks, buddy. It was beginning to get UGLY.

12. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

A post is worth a thousand poll responses...

[ October 02, 2002, 06:35: Message edited by: Alex ]

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hope I am not a freaking moron, seeing as I am wqually fed up with all topics veering off to America bashing at some point. I used to come to WQhatnots for the fun and intelligent debates and jokes and such, but these days all we get is soam and America.

I wonder if Tal could put America on the list of censored words?

Ara
    (Depressed and annoyed)

14. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Yes Slim, but like many other Americans, you create an America thread, BASED on the fact of America bashing, inevitably you get anti-American posts, and then you moan some more. You're SH** STIRRING! No one on these boards TRULY hates America, and even if there were you can't do a darned thing about it. America is the most despised nation in the whole world. I love it, you love it, but BILLIONs don't. You've just got to live with it.

[ October 02, 2002, 20:12: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

15. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Ugh, just forget it.

I tried to be as clear as possible in clarifying why I created this thread. The part about America[n] bashing was a minor one. Hell, I didn't even mention America in the first post. The only mention of it was in the SARCASTIC SECOND CHOICE. "Oh, and also, doodie." Seriously, how old do you think I am? There is so much stupid crap in Whatnots [read: previous Random Babbling thread], that it began to anger me. The "moronic post" type of thread was particularly angering. Remember my other thread, "Who here is sick of all these stupid polls?" It was POLL. I was using SARCASM. As I was for this thread.

Don't they have sarcasm in Britain?

[ October 04, 2002, 02:42: Message edited by: SlimShogun ]

16. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Eh up lad, we're not that bad over here, honest.

I've always ignored the random babble threads completely, and I would think your quality of life will not be diminished if you did the same.

As far as crap, crass, abusive, un-enlightened postings go, this is of course a very general forum where people express opinions on all manner of subjects where they may at times have little or no idea of the subject matter they are commenting on. Thats cool as we are all entitled to have an opinion on everything, although it would help if the debate did stay on topic and did not degenerate into personal attacks etc.

There was indeed a comment along those lines made by Tal just a little while back.

For some people it does seem to be easier to attack the poster than the post content in a reasoned manner at times. Having said that, some posts deserve it! ;)

Personally I haven't voted because there wasn't an option for "I'm an oxymoron" :)

17. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

But the thing is, this is just another stupid pointless thread. There was no point to this thread exept to keep the fact alive that we're all too mean to you.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] British ahave sarcasm alright - my family is famous in Ringwood for it's sarcasm, and because Grandad was Queen Muttis' friend

I'm actually surprised more peopl *aren't* Morons :lol:

19. uffda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Yea Slim, great idea,luv it -Nuke em all,all but 6 -p.s. wasnt the guy that rode astride the bomb in dr. strangelove named slim too?

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Agreed. CLICK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.