1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Artemis vs. Drizzt

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Tiberius, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Who in your opinion is the better of the two swordsman in their many encounters? Both have taken their lumps, who is the best.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 34 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Artemis vs. Drizzt (34 votes.)

Artemis vs. Drizzt (Choose 1)
    * Artemis - 35% (12)
    * Drizzt - 65% (22)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, we sure debate some important topics on these Boards.....

OK, are we just rating their pure swordfighting abilities? Are we ignoring Drizzt's daylight penalties and his Faerie Fire bonuses? Do we factor in Artemis's lack of compassion as a bonus?

3. Tiberius Gems: 6/31

ahhh come on now Harbourboy, indulge the non-important topics, savor them. As for what you were saying about the abilities and bonuses, all come in to play. Not ignoring a thing.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Seeing as Drizzt is a twit I would have to say Artemis. It also seems to me that Artemis was always about to win when Salvatore introduced some deus ex machina to save the day for our hero.

Man, I am such a dork.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Artemis! Of course it's Artemis who is better!

And Zak is better than Drizzt, too!

*snicker*

And yes, Joa, I know you disagree. :p

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Imo it's not a bonus. Perhaps emotion leads you into making mistakes but as Salvatore pointed out in one of Drizzt's musings, Drizzt can beat Artemis BECAUSE he has something worth fighting for. While the goody-goody may annoy me I agree with this.
    Myself, I've never hesistated to get into a fight on behalf of a friend or a family member but recently an offense was made towards me personally and no matter how valid the excuse is to raise hell, I haven't yet. I'll get around to it quite soon though, don't worry ;)

I say Artemis, but I'm biased because I love the dude and I think Drizzt is a shmuch.

7. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nope, Drizzt. He ends up beating Artemis in the books anyway. Though those battles could have gone both ways, Drizzt finds those little advantages and exploits them. Drizzt is the man! He has way more experience than Artemis and he'll live longer so he can keep fighting evil when Artemis is dust. If Artemis were drow then it would be a different story though...

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

In the most up-to-date version of Salvatore's work, Artemis would kick Drizzt's ass simply due to his new equipment.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

And new abilities. IIRC after he used the life-sucking dagger on the Neth he infused some kind of shadow abilities into himself.

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Artemis is certainly a rich character. In Salvatore's books however, my favorite character would be Jarlaxle. He's simply the bomb. Drizzt is ok I guess, but he's always defending the same principles. Jarlaxle is more flexible.

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, the poll shows that Drizzt is the better. I'm surprised at all the hostilities towards Drizzt. Drizzt rocks! Does no respect virtue and justice and a kick a$$ fighter? Salvatore's books describe the emptiness in Artemis and the lie that is his life. I'll stay with Drizzt. Besides, good always wins anyway. :D

Jarlaxle rocks too but for different reasons.

12. MithrilSilverAus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Id say aside from Drizzt being a good guy, he seems to always have extra element of *luck* on his side

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Of course he has the extra element of luck on his side - Salvatore's writing...

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe good point. but yes, Jaraxle imo is Salvatore's coolest character, bar none.

15. Tiberius Gems: 6/31

Jarlaxle is pretty cool ,and on a couple of occassions he saves Drizzt's arse.

16. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Yeah. if I was to write his book, I'd let Drizzt f*ck someone. It's about time he raised some kick-a$$ half-drow sons, and compose the 'hurricane of destruction', or 'the deadly three' (possible names for the new band: Drizzt feat. Sons)

And if he'd get together with Catti it'd guarantee some interesting plot twists. He shouldn't wait too long however...

Just my thoughts, no offense.

17. Tiberius Gems: 6/31

none taken and a good idea. I actually proposed the same exact think on Salvatores web site. I asked why Drizzt hasn't shacked up with Catti'brie or lady Alustriel and have some wicked half breed running around with Drizzts sword abilities(after being taught), and some other abilities(depending on mom). Ahh but go figure, he never answered me though. I wonder if it had something to do with me saying Drizzt should "shack up" with someone. lol

18. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Enemies have to be supposedly better than the progenitor for the fights to be interesting. I can even be more specific: Bad guy thumps good guy, good guy comes back and defeats bad guy. Repeat ad infinitum et nauseum.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I guess that Salvatore didn't respond to your request because it wouldn't fit the storyline, Tiberius. "It would be cool" just doesn't cut it but I can't see Drizzt being killed until he has a child. Once he has a kid you can be sure that Drizzt'll pick on something that even his 'Salvatore Luck' feat won't save him from.

The child will be one of the most odd things though... a half-drow raised by dwarves.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

He has. Cattie-Brie. She admits it to Wulfgar in "The Lone Drow". It was while they were hunting pirates for Capt. Deudermont.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.