1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Best Bond?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Kilted Crusader, Dec 6, 2002.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Which actor do you think was the best James Bond?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 40 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Best Bond? (40 votes.)

Best Bond? (Choose 1)
    * Sean Connery - 55% (22)
    * George Lazenby - 0% (0)
    * Roger Moore - 7% (3)
    * Timothy Dalton - 5% (2)
    * Pierce Brosnan - 33% (13)

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have to go with Pierce.

I grew up with Roger Moore, but he never did it for me.

Sean Connery is great, but the movies are so out-dated that I have a tough time relating (a terry-cloth shirt??? give me a break)

Timothy Dalton was okay, good action in his flix, but he lacks Pierce's debonaire additude (spelled that right?? ... can't spell suave either)

Never heard of the other guy

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I have to agree with Mat -- although, anyone noticed that Pierce is starting to look old? That said, Die Another Day is making a bid to replace Goldeneye as my all time favorite. That movie rocked!!

Forgot to mention, for Mat's sake -- Lazenby only played in one movie. In Her Majesty's Secret Service, IIRC. Not at all a memorable gent.

[ December 06, 2002, 21:51: Message edited by: Capstone ]

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Connery is to me James Bond, in the same way that Tom Baker is Dr. Who. While his films may now look dated, no one will be able to take his laurels. While i grew up with Moore, he just pales in comparison. And no, I am not just being biased here:p.

5. Klonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Connery by far the best James Bond. Yes, the shows are very dated, but he is the classiest Bond of them all. Out of all the others the Pierce is the next best. He and Sean both have the attitude for the part. Sean is the Original in my mind. :cool:

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The best bond will be in about fifteen years from now. Oh you don't know him? He's me. :D

7. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Silence, B, it is me with my hair dyed! Can't you see? :D

8. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Sean Connery kicks @$$. Just his accent proves he's the best.

9. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

1. Connery
    2. Brosnan
    3. Moore
    4. Dalton
    5. Lazenby

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There's nothing really wrong with Pierce. But I do think there's a whole lot wrong with the director's view on things. I can accept that modern-day Bonds are mindless action, there's no problem with that (realistically that's to be expected). What I don't like about the modern-day Bonds however, is that Bond is such a wussy. You can tell from the look on Pierce's face that he's genuinely worried for what's going to happen in every situation. Even the handfights are far too often quite equal with the most common of adversaries. And worst of all: he's mentally on the same level as the women in the movies. I'm all for equality between both sexes, in my mind, heart and body. But James Bond is supposed to be the all-time own it all who's never controlled by another, and when he lets feelings involve directly then there's something very big and rare going on.

In these modern Bond movies we see a Bond that is weak. He's under constant emotional stress by his women and enemies. And as if that wasn't enough, these directors are going for inacceptable depths to the life and story of James Bond just to make something "new". I liked the idea of MI6 being a "secret" and essentially untouched organization. Same thing for M. These new bonds make M seem like the common little good-guy (woman) who takes direct action in each and every movie, MI6 an ordinary organization that sticks its fingers into every little mess everywhere and there's just absolutely nothing secret about it, and Bond a common little agent who just survives because of luck. Compared to old films where one Bond really took all of the weight on his shoulders and wasn't the least bit bothered by it. M was an unknown person who was rarely enough seen and it was something big when he was. Not to mention that in this newest movie, Bond was **SPOIL** captured and tortured for what, 14 months? And then suddenly MI6 was against him and he had to go solo against the world or something. It doesn't fit Bonds to bring everything to such a personal level. I'm actually afraid that in the near-future we're going to have a movie telling about Bond's freetime adventures in Baywatch or (as if he REALLY had freetime) what his childhood was or something of the like. Then I definitely will skip it all together and ban Bond forever, save the old good ones.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Connery and Brosnan are the best, after them come Dalton, Lazenby and moore.

I thought that die another day was too much --> *spoilers*

That scene with the kitesurfing wasn't really believeble and the last 15 minutes on that airplane weren't either. I'm not saying that the other bond movies were believeble either but they made the movies like it could work and with die another day I didn't have that feeling.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Pierce Brosnan is pretty good, but for me, Roger Moore is the man. He was in the first Bond films I saw as a kid, and he, well, just is.

Ara
    (Soon to be seventeen... yay)

13. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sean Connery is the only real James Bond. All the others were just pale immitations.... :rolleyes:

The thing about Sean Connery is that he WAS James Bond, it was his personality, plain and simple.

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Turambar has it nailed there. Case closed.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Arabwel ... what happened to you?

Last Friday you were just a gem, now you're a Bond Girl!!! Congrats!

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Sean Connery
    Sean Connery
    Sean Connery
    'nuff said

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] I WAS right, Connery is indeed James Bond. Notice the people who voted Moore have kept quiet though ;) .

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] His name is Moore.. Roger Moore

Edit; Vermillion Its because we let you ramble and brag all you want in here, while we date the chicks and drink the martinis with a honky smile.

We like it the Moore style you know. A little less talk a little more action ;)

[ December 09, 2002, 19:21: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

19. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] 1: connery (before lazenby's lameness forced his return)
    2: brosnan (before the grey hair)
    3: moore (before the zimmer-frame)
    4: dalton (before flash gordon?)
    5: lazenby (before... 5th only because the storyline was important in defining the character of later james bonds as someone who has loved and lost)

20. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Nobleman, I have a chick of my own to date, thats why my rambles are short, and why you're on the martini's I'm on the finest whiskeys :)

Shee, itsh sho shimple why Connery ish the besht Bond, ishn't it? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.