1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: best/worse multi/dualclass

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Boo II, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Boo II Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Another furry poll, what do you is the most useful and the most useless multiclass.
    I myself don't Ever multiclass, but in general, I think that a cleric/fighter is most useless, as the only biggest disadvantage of being a cleric is not being able to use bladed weapons, which multiclassing doesn't solve.
    the most useful multiclass, i think is thief/mage because neither are meleers and a thief without armour can still get of some good ranged damage when his spells are exhausted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Worsed:the ranger/cleric.Everybody knows that a rangers best advantage is his bow skills.If he cannot use them then he is practicaly usseles.
    Best:Kensai/thief.If you get use any item then your good oll kensai will be able to wear armor.

Comment on your choise of best/worse multi/dual:
    Worse:
    The flail of ages+3 makes the fighter/cleric quit usseful.The disruptor too.So does proficiency
    Best:the mage/thief cannot deal ou good bow damage.(about 6-8.Maybe less.)The only good point is that he can backstab and use thief skills at almost full capability.The biggest downfall is that they dont get many spells fast!!!

Paddy the pallie!!!(naaaaaa.Stupid)
    Paddy!!!(much better)

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Best Fighter/Thief. Extremely versatile and extremely deadly.

Worst - can't say.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The IMO best mc combos (unsorted, unranked)
    [*]Ranger-cleric: More potent than the fighter-cleric the ranger-cleric has the advantage of beeing able to cast druid and cleric spells while having stealth. I don't get Padine's point that the ranger's best skill is the skill with the bow. I don't know it so it can hardly be known top everybody :toofar: and anyway - that only applies to the archer :rolleyes: Normal rangers are potent with every weapon - and a sling, though suffering lower number of attacks (just like a crossbow) is despite it's low damage per bullet still a relatively effective weapon, especially when you have the sling of seeking and a high strength. Ranger-clerics are a very good choice, IMO superior to the fighter-cleric.
    [*]Mage-thiefs, gnomish illusionist-thieves especially are just wonderful and extremely flexible.
    [*]Fighter-thieves are formidable backstabers and very effective ranged-fighters and scouts.
    [*]Fighter-mages are also very cool characters: Spellcasting and a good combat ability make them very attractive (though I don't understand foolish people who make them use bows ... IMO magic is a mages ranged weapon ...)
    [*]Mage-cleric, yes, Aerie: Very interesting, I especially like the possibility to combine cleric and mage spells in sequencers. Additionally they aill barely ever run out of spells.

So multiclassing gives a wide choice from a wide variety of very interesting chars. I prefer multi- over dualclassed chars, not only since I play usually with ToB installed. IMO the dualclass riles are relatively weird (loosing abilities until you're one class higher than before is a little ... odd a thought, alas ... I really look forward to IWD-2 ;) )

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 06, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  5. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Any class is best when played cleverly, every class is worst when played by .... [insert at will].

There are no good or bad classes, there are potent partied that are cleverly built up around any char; and there are ... well ... people who think that an avatar or class is more important than the player behind.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.