1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, Book 10)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Mathetais, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I just got this from Amazon.com ...

This made me wonder ... how many of us will rush out and buy the next Wheel of Time book when / if it comes out?

So ... lets vote in the poll and find out!

:good:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, Book 10) (18 votes.)

Will you purchase Crossroads of Twilight (The Wheel of Time, Book 10)? (Choose 1)
    * I will buy it the day/week it hits the shelves. - 44% (8)
    * I will wait awhile, read the reviews, but will probably buy it. - 39% (7)
    * I'll never buy a single (or another) book in this series again! - 17% (3)

2. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Will buy it on the 7th. Kinda pissed it won't be out before christmas like Winter's Heart was.

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

wow, this was a popular post.

I wish we could alert Robert Jordan or the people at TOR. I could post a thread on this site about the benefit of Peanut Butter over Nutella, and would have over 20 responses before leaving work. Posting a Poll about the latest book in this series led to One Response and 4 votes (including mine!!)

wow

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Heh, Book talk just isn't as popular as the other forums. (And there are now 7 people who have voted ;) ). I was the 3rd to do so :D

Anyway, I'll get it as soon as it is available, provided I have enough money at the time I think :) .

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, my will to persevere through this series died around book 7, so I guess I would have voted no if I had voted. :D

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mmmm...since Winter's Heart is still sitting on my bookshelf, where it has stood for the last year or so, I'm probably not going to be buying any others by Jordan ;) Tried to read the last one, and put it back down after 50 pages or so.

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:sleep:

eh, what, oh sorry, just the thought of another Jorden book. What is it this time, another 1,000 page epic where the Aes Sedai spectacularly fail to move beyond the gateway on their way to the seige, just like they have failed to do for the last two or three books, Of course when they do finally get thorugh, the thought of another 3 book siege, describing in intricate detail the slowly decaying living conditions of those inside and the emotional conflict of those outside will be something to really relish. Or perhaps in a cunning plot twist Jorden will see yet another opportunity to drag out this bland and long dead series by splitting up some of Rand's enemies throughout the world. Maybe the Asha Men could fall through a portal after being confused (but not cured of course) by the clensing of the power only to meet up with Morag and start another conflict on another dimension. Or maybe he could open up the silk shipping contenent and find some convulted way to have Perrin get shipped out there and forced to marry someone so that he too can have multiple wives and, just for a change, she will be a very forceful and cunningly two dimensional characature of a female. Or maybe the Dark one will turn out not to be 'the' dark one just after Rand kills him, and then in a completley impossible to predict story turnaround , he'll be ressurected, as a different sex. Wow. Or maybe some other people that we're mentioned for 2 paragraphs 6,542 pages ago will suddenly turn out to be crucial to the plot. Oh the excitement, I can hardley wait.

Or not.

Actually I can forsee a great danger to Randland and his Randland buddies, sales of this book are going to be pretty poor and the publishers are likely to want to pull the plug on any future nonsense. Thank the Lord.

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Slappy, if so, do you think Jordan will wrap the whole series in a brief E-Book availble only from Amazon?

Something like this ...

With the taint gone, soon the whole countryside was awash with dueling mages, farms and mills were destroyed, leading to a mass famine around the world.

Matt descided that commitment wasn't really that scarey, so he took off this big stupid hat, got married, and switched to a yellow scarf to hide his hideous scar.

Perrin learned how to control his wife with the two most powerful words in the world "Yes Dear". He now spends his nights roaming the countryside in wolf form, knocking up small dogs and coyotes.

Rand married all three women and lived his short life in a power drunk orgy!

And they all lived happily ever after.

Thanks for making me rich ... you wool-heads.

Love ... RJ

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of course! Even thought I more or less agree with Slappy I am still completely in love with WoT. I am helpless to get out of it. I will preorder asap. And hopefully get my copy as soon as it is released.

PS. Can still not vote on the post due to strange IE and I think Netscape is too weird to use.

11. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Please someone have mercy on me and let Wot and the Sword of Truth series finally come to an end. Oh how I miss the days when 3 books was enough to tell a story.

12. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What, exactly, is 'an indignant sniff'? I've kinda been imagining each one as a quiet snort, but a 'sniff' would be inhaled.

Does anyone actually do this? :toofar:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.