1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Diablo2 or Warcraft3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Which is better, D2 or WC3. Which of the two games did you enjoy playing more.(if you have played them) and which of the two do you think has more replay value.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Diablo2 or Warcraft3? (18 votes.)

Which did you enjoy playing more? (Choose 1)
    * Warcraft3 - 56% (10)
    * Diablo2 - 44% (8)

Which do you think has more replay value? (Choose 1)
    * Warcraft3 - 67% (12)
    * Diablo2 - 33% (6)

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No matter how great one look at WC3, how better WC3 is better than Starcraft, it will take a liitle more luck for WC3 or any game to become as successful as SC. The success of SC is pretty coincidental.

i am more conservative. i wouldn't bet my money on WC3 to become a game more popular than D2. Like i mentioned (many times), go to ebay.com, search D2 and you can easily know how popular this game is (until now).

i prefer D2 over WC3 because i don't like competition. Back in D2 days, me and my friends worked together in the game, each giving others assistance. It was fun. We spent much time figuring out how to develop our characters. Multiplayer in WC3 is more about beating other and make them look bad.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Warcraft 3 for me.

There are team games for WC3 as well, so it isn't about simply beating up the other guy online and making him/her look bad.

Besides the arranged team and random team ladder matches, there are plenty of good team orientated play to be found in the custom games as well.

Try Defense of the Ancients, Aeon of Strife or Illidian's New Home. These are interesting and fairly well-made maps that provide much entertainment for a group of friends.

And besides, D2 simply sucks. Ugly graphics, horrible gameplay, lousy interface etc do not a competitor to WC3 make.

4. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] WC3 all the way!! Hate D2, never liked the first game anyway. I played WC and WC2 so i simply love warcraft!! :thumb:

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Over Diablo2, I'd definately say WC3. Daikatana is a step over Diablo2.

It's like there's no story. They just pieced together a bunch of missions, worrying about how pretty the characters are and not the plot that binds them.

Warcraft3 might be really far fetched. And it might make mountains out of mole-hills. But at least the cutscenes are game-engined. WC3 goes a lot further to telling the story than D2 does.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Definitely Diablo II. Can't say I care much for RTS's in general, but in WC3 I got a feeling that the one who had the quickest fingers always wins. Besides, like stated previously, WC3 ( :D ) is just about beating the other player.

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Warcraft 3 for me, because Diablo 2 gets so fast so boring. D2 is just hack'n'slash: kill monsters, level up, collect money and stuff, sell them at town, buy new stuff, and then back to dungeon... although I also found it entertaining for a while.

8. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have played all of those games, Diablo 1&2, Warcraft (1 if matters...) 2, 2 (Battlenet edition), 3, Starcraft (didn't play brood wars...).

And do not say that Diablo is just hack&slash! You probably didn't try BattleNet with Diablo.

If Diablo is just hack&slash, than all other mentioned are click&build&click&attack, and if that is true than probably 'craft is more fun than Diablo :rolleyes:

But i would go with Diablo since i like to chat with my "diablo pals"... And after that i hang out in pub with my Hi-school and CK friends :coffee: (btw, i need "beer Graemlin)

Diablo is about meeting new friends in imaginary land where you can always kill diablo and his brothers with them. Trade for items, do funny things, PK, PvP, dupe items (hopefully not any more after 1.10).

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Sorry Harkle if this sounded personal, but really it isn't, i just wanted to say this for all those (present and previous): "Diablo is just Hack&slash"

9. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

ToTaL, yes, you're right, I haven't played diablo 2 in BattleNet. If it's all good sides are in multiplayer game, it's no wonder that I didn't see good things in the game.

And one thing why I was so negative about Diablo 2 was that I wanted to hear why some people really like that game. So, ToTaL thanks for your comments.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.