1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you shed a tear during a good movie?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jaguar, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Watched a show on the telly today and shed a tear at the sad point. I wanted to know how many of my fellow SPer's aren't afraid to shed a tear.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Are you too ashamed to cry? (56 votes.)

Do you cry during movies/television shows? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, and I am not ashamed to admit it. - 75% (42)
    * No, movies and TV don't affect me like that. - 25% (14)

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There were some shows on TV or in cinema that made me sit in silence for a while. Some even made me cry, like Babylon 5 or The Green Mile, but thats a rare thing. Not that I feel tears are reserved for women only, I just dont get emotionally involved that easily (anymore).

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I do and my wife makes fun of me every time. She almost never cares that much about the characters in the story.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Generally I'd say no, but there are a few specific exceptions. Whenever I see "The Fox and the Hound," for example, I start to blubber like a little girl. That movie just gets me. :(

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yeah a couple of movies has maked me cry, even some books make me cry.

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't actually cry per se. There are a select few moments in cinema that have brought me very close to shedding a tear, and where I've just barely managed to hold it back.

These include:

1. Frodo's single tear for Gandalf.

2. Farewell to Boromir.

3. The Schindler Jews paying their respects at Oscar Schindler's grave.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Absolutely . . . I'm a pushover for a sad scene.

8. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Certainly I do, although it heavily depends on the scene and the crowd I am watching it with. I don't know whether I feel ashamed or not, but I don't cry in the cinema but rather at home when I watch a vid/dvd.

Has anyone shed tears in a computer game? I cried upon finishing Final Fantasy VII, more out of joy than sadness.

:D Some might argue I cried out of joy because it took half a year to finish the game and I finally managed to do it.

9. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Of course. Although it doesn't happen very often. However i'm sure if i wrote a list of films that made me cry it would be somewhat of a long one...but that's because I have seen alot films. Regardless, I feel no shame if a movie makes me cry. In fact, if a film has made a connection with me that would merit such a response I would embrace it :)

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Hell, sometimes I bawl my eyes out. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. ;)

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nancy boy!

12. Takara

Media:
    heh, Women like a guy in touch with his sensitive side.

[ June 24, 2004, 20:13: Message edited by: Takara ]

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    The one that I still haven't lived down was a made for TV special. It was Star Wars based and the Ewoks were the major characters. Well at the end there is this scene where a little girl (probably around 3 or 4) says goodbye to the Ewoks and I bawled my eyes out. My mother was in the kitchen watching something else, and I remember praying to God that she wouldn't come into the living room and catch me.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Out-and-ouy cry? - no.
    Get misty-eyed? - yes, and then hope that nobody else noticed. ;)

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Bambi when the mother cries and The Land Before Time whenever he thinks he sees his mother but its just his enlarged shadow.

But then, I was four.

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, where do I start with what movies have made me cry? There are probably too many to mention here but some of the honourbale mentions go to:

Monsters Inc. - the Scare Room scene when Boo is hiding in there and Sulley does his scare.

Finding Nemo - When the pelican tells Nemo what has did has done thus far to find him.

LotR - Frodo and Sam's closing scene in FotR, Aragorn saying "For Frodo" before charging the hordes at the Black Gate, Sam saying "but I can carry you" before hoisting Frodo onto his shoulders on Mount Doom, everyone bowing to the four Hobbits after Aragorn's coronation.

The Green Mile - John Coffey's approach to the Chair.

The Elephant Man - Merrick being welcomed officially to his new home, Merrick wondering at the Treves residence if his mother would love him now.

Shrek - almost everything from the 'Hallelujah' montage to the ending when Shrek tells Fiona that she IS beautiful.

Shrek 2 - the "Holding Out For A Hero" sequence, Fiona's choice at the end.

And many many more, some of which I may post later as they come to mind. I'm an unashamed bawler.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The only time I can remember crying a little bit was at the end of the 'Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson".

The Muppets spend a whole hour getting excited about trying to work out something nice to do for Jim Henson, their creator, then right at the end they read some sympathy cards from some kids and they finally discover that he has in fact died and they won't be able to give him their tribute in person. You wouldn't think that the grief of a few puppets could be emotional but it is devastating.

18. Takara

Media:
    I thought I'd mention the worst offender for me: What dreams may come, with Robin Williams. I cry my eyes out for half that movie. :(

19. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i dont think that ive cryed over any movie, ive gotten misty eyed but thats it..and then i hope that noone notices

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, is it crying if you get so misty eyed that you a tear or two trails down your cheek? If so, I cry a lot, and get misty eyed even more often.

Seeing as there are a a lot of LotR tears in this thread I thought I would share my tearies LotR scene, in the end in RotK when Aragorn says to the Hobbits: "you bow to no one", really brought tears to my eyes. Heck, I get misty eyes just writing it here. I am a sucker for the bombastic pride filled moments. I also cry like a baby during the entire launch scenes in Armageddon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.