1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: How do you read your fora?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by kuemper, Dec 20, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I got to wondering how everyone else reads the fora on SP. I read top to bottom and go back for a couple run-throughs for new posts.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: How do you read your fora? (28 votes.)

How do you read your fora? (Choose 1)
    * Top to bottom - 50% (14)
    * Bottom to top - 7% (2)
    * Start in the middle - 4% (1)
    * What's a fora? - 39% (11)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

None of the above. First I check the SPS forum for new posts, then I go to Today's Active Topics. It lists everything that's been posted in the last day, but of course I only go back to when I last left. If it sounds interesting, I check it out; most don't get a post for one reason or another, but many do. :D

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    None of the above, too. I start wherever I feel like going and work from there :D

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Bah, pattern disrupters! :p

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I take a look at the who's online list, read PMs, then scroll down a little and check out the "last posted" threads. Then either the Alley or the Whatnots, depending on my mood. Then games unless the last posted topic in the D&D forum holds my eye. ;)

6. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I just read everything from the top ;)

7. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I check the front page of most recent posts. Then I read the summaries from the forthcoming games forums, then work down through Sorcerous Sundries, NWN Toolset if there is anything new (rarely is), Playground, Whatnots, Sensorium. Those are just the forums that interest me most. Then I glance at the most recent posts for the other forums, and if there's something interesting I read that too.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What's a fora? Seriously, I don't know, but base upon the answer, I'll say I do it how I feel it. Though Today's Active Topics are always a good start

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I normally start from the front page and look at the latest active threads. I will then check on the various quote/trivia games and any other topic which I have posted to recently and am still interested in. After that I may start scanning some of the fora (usually Sensorium and Whatnots) on a top down basis.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

What's a fora? The main page? If so, I read the "latest threads" first so that I can decide which part of the forum I will jump into first, or if there is any intresting new threads. Then I might glance at the poll and the screenshot of the week.
    If a fora is not the main page, concider the above text off-topic.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Being chaotic can do that, m'dear. :D
    Millenia is to millenium as fora is to ...

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I usually start top to bottom but sometimes just for stupidity I go bottom to top

13. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I start from Sensorium then I go up to Whatnots and up, up and away! :D

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't really understand the question (but what's new there?)

I just start at the most recent posts and see what if there have been any interesting posts in the last few hours. Given that the most recent ones are on the first page and I'm too lazy to go to any of the other pages, I'm not sure whether that counts as up or down so I couldn't respond to the poll.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Fora is the plural form of forum. Data to datum, you see.

I just go right to the BoM page. I check the SP front page once a week. So, I suppose a better question would be: Once you are on BoM, do you start reading posts in the top forum or the bottom or the ones in the middle?

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kuemper, I never go to the main Boards O' Magick page that lists out each forum, so I guess that's why I can't answer your poll properly.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:whoa: Maybe I should augment this with another poll asking: Do you read the SP front page or actually go onto the Boards themselves?

I can't believe some of you don't bother checking BoM at all! No wonder I don't see you very often. :)

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Fora is Latin plural for forum, which is originally a Latin word. Sometimes the original Latin plural is preserved, sometimes the word is taken as a normal English one. I can't imagine "criterions" or "phenomenons" but "forums" or "bonuses" aren't bad. In fact, "boni" sounds bad to me and "fora" not much better, even though in my native language, "fora" is the only proper plural.

19. Harbourboy

As stated above, I'm too lazy to do either of those things and usually only look at page one of the recent posts, so will usually only catch threads that have been active within the last hour or so.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I usually start at Roleplay Corner and check that out, it's the one on my favourites list that I click on anyway. I go there, then click on Boards of Magick, and scroll through.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.