1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: kits kits kits!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Caradhras, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Here is a poll about custom kits for BG2, I tried to list a lot of them I'm quite sure I missed some... anyway it's pretty straightforward, the names of the mods are in capital letters and the names of the kits (when different) are mentioned below.

ARCANE ARCHER

ART OF WEAVING
    spellweaver
    wild jester
    spellsword
    buffoon

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
    feralan
    justifier

CRUSADER PACK
    champion of Torm
    Energist
    Adventurer

DIVINE REMIX
    silverstar of Selune
    nightcloak of Shar
    battleguard of Tempus
    painbearer of Ilmater
    firewalker of Kossuth
    Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim
    lorekeeper of Oghma
    heartwarder of Sune
    oozemaster druid
    bowslinger
    forest runner
    wilderness runner
    feralan
    justifier

DRUIDIC SORCERER

ELEMENTALIST
    acid elementalist

ENHANCED SoA
    gladiator
    knight
    fencer
    legionnaire
    globe trotter
    dragon slayer
    crusader
    fright of Liches
    silent killer
    priest of Auril

HELLION

MORITURI

NATURAL SELECTION
    darkfriend

ORCISH SCOUT

RISKBREAKER

SHURI NINJA

SONG AND SILENCE
    acrobat
    chorister
    dirgesinger
    gypsy
    adventurer
    burglar
    soulknife
    sharpshooter

SORCERER'S PLACE COLLECTION
    sylvan mystic
    blade master
    death knight
    wushi ninja
    archer of Sylvanus
    arcane fist

WARRIOR KIT PACK
    knight hospitalier
    knight templar
    heraldic knight
    hordebreaker
    peerless archer
    forest guardian
    wild scout

WOLF LORD

The first question is about every mod you have played or tried and the second question is basically your favourite kit.

Please explain the reasons that have motivated your choice. :)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: kits kits kits! (23 votes.)

What mods have you tried? (Choose 18)
    * ARCANE ARCHER - 13% (3)
    * ART OF WEAVING - 17% (4)
    * CRUSADER PACK - 13% (3)
    * DIVINE REMIX - 52% (12)
    * DRUIDIC SORCERER - 43% (10)
    * ENHANCED SoA - 9% (2)
    * ELEMENTALIST - 13% (3)
    * HELLION - 13% (3)
    * MORITURI - 17% (4)
    * NATURAL SELECTION - 13% (3)
    * ORCISH SCOUT - 4% (1)
    * RISKBREAKER - 17% (4)
    * SHURI NINJA - 17% (4)
    * SONG AND SILENCE - 43% (10)
    * SORCERER'S PLACE COLLECTION - 52% (12)
    * UNFINISHED BUSINESS - 57% (13)
    * WARRIOR KIT PACK - 35% (8)
    * WOLF LORD - 0% (0)

What is your favourite kit? (Choose 1)
    * acid elementalist - 0% (0)
    * acrobat - 0% (0)
    * adventurer - 0% (0)
    * arcane archer - 4% (1)
    * arcane fist - 4% (1)
    * archer of Sylvanus - 0% (0)
    * Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim - 0% (0)
    * battleguard of Tempus - 4% (1)
    * blade master - 17% (4)
    * bowslinger - 0% (0)
    * buffoon - 0% (0)
    * burglar - 0% (0)
    * champion of Torm - 0% (0)
    * chorister - 0% (0)
    * crusader - 0% (0)
    * darkfriend - 0% (0)
    * death knight - 4% (1)
    * dirgesinger - 0% (0)
    * dragon slayer - 4% (1)
    * druidic sorcerer - 4% (1)
    * energist - 0% (0)
    * fencer - 0% (0)
    * feralan - 0% (0)
    * firewalker of Kossuth - 9% (2)
    * forest guardian - 0% (0)
    * forest runner - 4% (1)
    * fright of liches - 0% (0)
    * gladiator - 0% (0)
    * globe trotter - 0% (0)
    * gypsy - 0% (0)
    * heartwarder of Sune - 0% (0)
    * hellion - 0% (0)
    * justifier - 0% (0)
    * knight - 0% (0)
    * knight hospitalier - 0% (0)
    * knight templar - 0% (0)
    * heraldic knight - 0% (0)
    * hordebreaker - 0% (0)
    * legionnaire - 0% (0)
    * lorekeeper of Oghma - 0% (0)
    * morituri - 13% (3)
    * nightcloak of Shar - 0% (0)
    * oozemaster druid - 0% (0)
    * orcish scout - 0% (0)
    * painbearer of Ilmater - 4% (1)
    * peerless archer - 0% (0)
    * priest of Auril - 0% (0)
    * riskbreaker - 9% (2)
    * sharpshooter - 0% (0)
    * shuri ninja - 4% (1)
    * silent killer - 0% (0)
    * silverstar of Selune - 0% (0)
    * soulknife - 0% (0)
    * spellsword - 4% (1)
    * spellweaver - 0% (0)
    * sylvan mystic - 4% (1)
    * wilderness runner - 0% (0)
    * wild jester - 4% (1)
    * wild scout - 0% (0)
    * wolf lord - 0% (0)
    * wushi ninja - 0% (0)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I couldn't vote for 2 reasons: a) I haven't played any of these mods, and b) I don't know any of the kits. :bad: :heh:

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Druidic Sorcerer is AWESOME for fans of BOTH mage and cleric spells, though it is BUGGY (if you are level drained you become a regular sorcerer) the idea is cool and kit is powerful! Plus all those NEW, UNIQUE and SPIFFY HLAs, I simply love this kit, my current PC is a DS and he totally rocks! :thumb:

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted for the Blade Master. Haven't played many of the custom kit mods out there, but of those few I've played, the Blade Master wasn't necessarily the best, but it was the one I had the most fun playing with.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    I've only tried a few so far: the Feralan, the Justifier, the Arcane Archer, the Hellion, the Blade Master, the Death Knight, the Champion of Torm, the Darkfriend.
    I prefer kits which are not too overpowered, it brings variety into the game without taking the fun away.

The Druidic Sorcerer looks too powerful... casting arcane spells and wearing an armour??? Scary.

The Blade Master is really nice though the DEX bonus and the extra attacks are real perks (still there is a STR penalty and weapons restrictions IIRC) dualled to thief it can make a fearsome character.

The Arcane Archer is really nice to play (the instant death arrow at high levels only works on humanoids without MR which is good), but I'm partial to the Hellion, though it is difficult to picture such a character growing up in Candlekeep (its ability to banish demons is simply awesome).

6. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Only played Anti-paladin kit so far. It comes with Tactic mod I think, basically like an Inquisitor, but dispel on hit - even with normal weapon. And because it's a fighter kit, you can dual-class too (pretty hard to roll though, requires high int - wis - char)

7. Caradhras

Media:
    @Minh So: I completely forgot about these kits :oops: Fighter-Class Archer Kit and Anti-Paladin Kit, both Fighter kits, I haven't tried them so I can't comment. The Archer is said to be the same as the Ranger one only it can be dualled. The Anti-Paladin looks too powerful since there are no drawbacks compared to a regular Fighter except that the character has to be evil -that's a drawback? ;) .
    Actually high stats are not a disadvantage since contrary to PNP you will always get the minimum stats for the class because you choose the class before rolling (it should be the other way round).

8. Minh So Gems: 6/31

If the kit requires high int - wis - cha then you cannot sacrifice those stats much to increase str - dex - con (which everyone wants regardless class). It's not easy to roll a 18 str dex con paladin although he already starts with at least 13 wis 17 cha :)
    The description also says Anti-paladin cannot use teh Holy Avenger, but who cares, Unholy Soul Reaver is even better :shake:

I just looked at the Spellsword : sorcerer spell casting, +4 fists, good THAC0, 5/2 atk/round, 1d6 HP, no race restriction, 3 stars in two-weapon fighting style... bah, my bard wanna cry ._.

9. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I remember all the cool kits from the Fighter, Thief, Wizard, etc... Handbooks. It would be nice to see all of the those kits available for BG2 (hopefully not to buggy).

10. Caradhras

Media:
    :lol: I definitely have to try that one, the Wild Jester sounds interesting as well, wild magic is so much fun!

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well my DS can not wear armors, one ocmponent of the mod enables it but it says 'NOT RECOMMENDED as it causes bugs' so well...

Plus it has many disadvantages, -2 penalty to STR DEX CON, %15 XP penalty etc.

He is soo fun though! I am level 16 and having freaking fun with PI and all those spiffy druid spells!

12. Caradhras

Media:
    @Silverstar: what's "PI"? Could you share with us details about your experience with the kit in game, I had a look at the readme but it didn't say (or at least I didn't see it) that the armour component wasn't compulsory. That's interesting!

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

PI=Project Image, me thinks.

14. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have a Firewalker of Kossuth (from Divine Remix) character at the moment. I like this kit's abilities and its flavor - it can be any alignment because Kossuth doesn't care who his worshippers are as long as they obey him.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes PI is Project Image, with it I can cast all my spells again and again and it is fun. :happy:

Problem is, DS is treated as a pure sorcerer at what items it can't use, so can not wear armors. There is a component which allows to do it, it is a tweak, but it says in the installing 'it can cause bugs, NOT recommended' so I skip it. :skeptic:

But DS is a very bad-ass, the ultimate power in spell casting, and his special HLAS just rock! Seen the Screenshots in readme PDF? Aren't they cool? Can't wait to get my hands on them. :bigeyes:

Another good thing, there are so many new HLAs and different routes to choose, it makes the character more interesting and much more fun to level up.

'OK I level up, ummm I suppose I will get another GWW' :geezer:

'I leveled up but I already had the LVL10 spells so I don't get a HLA! Darn!' :shame:

No more annoyings like that! :shake:
    :thumb:

16. Caradhras

Media:
    @Siverstar: I've seen them :evil: this readme is really well done btw.

I'm currently playing a Wild Jester (from the Art of Weaving) for the first time and it is amazing! I love wild magic and bards. The options are great: one extra spell per level, new songs which get better with higher levels, new HLAs specific to the class, plus the possibility of casting NRD and Chaos Shields (it means that a Wild Jester is able to cast high level spells as soon as he/she knows them). There are some disadvantages mainly save penalties and the possibility of a wild surge and a wild magic backlash (really nasty).
    It looks powerful but not too powerful (wild magic can cut both ways), certainly not overpowered in comparison with a Blade.
    The major thing is that it is a lot of fun to play! :grin:

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Does anyone remember the sorta 'sub kits' that were offered a while ago to download. Like, when you fullfiled certain things, you could become a new kit. There was demonic, air elemental, lich, skeleton warrior, celestial and a few others I think. Pretty much just like the sub kits in NVN. But I played it on my friend's game, but never got them myself. Does anyone know what I'm talkin about?

18. Minh So Gems: 6/31

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

YES!!! I remember now! Did anyone else use these, and if so, which ones? Sorry if this wasn't included in the original question!

20. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm glad you like it--he's one of my favourite deities too, so when we coded that one I was keen to make it fit the deity as well as I could. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.