1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Might or Magic?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mihai SuperStar, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Mihai SuperStar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] For now, I just thinking that in Baldur's Gate II you can be the powerful character but the magic here is strong than the mighty warriors?
    So, we have Fighters,barbarians, Inquistors and thief and on the other side we have sorcerers, wizards, elves adn clerics.Could one of them be the supreme POWER in Baldur's Gate?Could one be more better than the other?Could we finish the game without one of them?
    I think that was the question in Might and Magic too.What do you say?Hwo is gonna win?Bodhy or Irenicus?Edwin or Corgan?Mazzy or Viconia?Drows or humans?
    "-So,return for more didn't you?"(line from Tomb Raider II)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 18 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Might or Magic? (18 votes.)

Might or Magic? (Choose 1)
    * Magic - 61% (11)
    * Might - 39% (7)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm confused as to what I'm answering, but I did vote for magic. I like fighters (and their ilk), but without the magic there'd be no magic weapons for bashy-bashy, slashy-slashy or stabby-stabby and armor to protect from the above attacks.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I voted might. Early in the game fighters seem to have the edge but as the game progresses the magic users become important and very usefull. On the whole I think there is a good balance between the two. However it just wouldn't be the same without magic. :hmm:

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

magic hands down

5. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

It's divine magic for me, but still I really can't leave either might or magic behind, they walk hand in hand IMHO ;)

6. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, Sorcerers and mages can solo SoA VERY easily, while it's very hard with fighter or any other warrior class.
    But again, both have pros and cons...

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You can do it without either one; you can win pure might, and you can win pure magic. They're both hard as **** in different parts, but it can be done! :roll:

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yup, it's magic for me for it tends to make the game more interesting. Playing the hiccups with my wild mage and loving that crazy randomness. Magic doesn't exclude might; I usually use my clerics buffed up to 25 STR undead slaying machines with appropriate weapons ( why not dual wield indeed?), works well against the living as well.

9. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A bit off board topic but I will give you a hint about all Might and Magic computer games(Not including Hero's of Might and Magic. Major distinction.)

The games are called Might AND Magic for a Reason. You do need both to really explore and play them. Some really are Unbeatable without a combination of them.

That is a set of titles I have played numerous times.

10. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I didn't find them any good. But I agrees on your point though.

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

For sheer power? Magic (at the higher levels) craps all over melee power in BG2. Wizard Slayers aren't common enough to change that.

For simplicity? RAARRGHH! THARG WILL SMASH!

For enjoyment? Play a rogue. Now, stand still - I wanna practice my stabbin'...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.