1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Mobile Phones (Poll)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arabwel, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I was interested on how many of us have a mobile/cell phone, and what make your phones are. I am a proud owner of a Nokia 3310, with the standard casing. You?

Ara
    (*chanting* There is no food... there is no food....)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 53 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Mobile Phones (Poll) (53 votes.)

Do you have a mobile phone? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, I have one - 74% (39)
    * No, i have not - 26% (14)

What make is it? (Choose 1)
    * Nokia - 45% (24)
    * Ericson - 11% (6)
    * Benefon - 0% (0)
    * Siemens - 0% (0)
    * Motorola - 4% (2)
    * Other - 13% (7)
    * I told you, I don't have one! - 26% (14)

Do you playgames on your phone? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 36% (19)
    * No - 32% (17)
    * What is with you and your mobile phone thing? - 32% (17)

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nokia 8850. Old hat now, but a nice phone none the less.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ericsson T28s... Not much in way of games, but it has Tetris, which is probably all I'd play anyway. I love Tetris. :p

4. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

nokia 9210i don't need to use an ear piece for hands free.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Right now a Nokia powered by T Wireless (some bloody Euro cell phone company ;) )

However, with the new job, I'll be getting a discount on the Sprint Vision! Can't wait to play Kung Fu! :thumb:

6. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have a Nokia 3310 with a casing what has Chinese dragons on it. I love it.

Eze
    (The proud writer)

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a Motorola Star Tac...Very cool! Great reception!

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nokia 3310, and it'll probably die soon. The speaker volume is reduced, the vibrating is reduced, the lighting is reduced and the battery doesn't last that long any more. I want an Ericsson...

9. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I've a Nokia 3330i, powered by Orange, the-****tiest-phone-company-ever(tm). I get no signal anywhere, hence all i do is pay the bill and play snake.
    Grrrrr...

10. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Heh. So far I'm the only one without one - and that's by choice by they way :p In my line of work (business consultant), if I had a mobile phone I'd have people calling me *all* the time! Nope. If I'm not at my desk, or not in the office (including the home one), I'm unreachable. Leave a message at the tone, I'll get back to you - on your time not mine ;)

I'm sure you all have good reasons for owning one, but I wonder - am I alone in thinking it's completely unnecessary for kids to have a cell phone? I see 14, 13 and 12 year-olds with them all the time! And they aren't calling to check in with their parents either...

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have no need to have the potential to be in constant contact via telephone; sometimes I don't even answer the phone in my house when it rings since I have an answering machine.

So no, I don't have a cell phone, and I'd be surprised if I ever did unless that's all there was.

[ September 13, 2002, 16:51: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

12. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm a (somewhat) happy owner of a Nokia 3310 with a standard casing. Since I got it I haven't been doing anything during the classes in school but play snake :p

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

An old Phillips Savvy for me. Gameless and works like a charm. :)

14. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nokia 5110, don't use it anymore.

15. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have good old Nokia 3210 with standard casing and currently very happy with it.

16. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Have a Nokia 8260 with a few games and use it all the time. It has great reception and it's easy to stash anywhere. The one drawback is that it does tend to heat up a bit with extended use...and burn my ear -- not that I talk that much or anything. :)

17. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I have an Ericsson a2628s. :p
    Preety cool huh? :rolleyes:

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Holy crap, looks like Nokia has the market. I didn't realize they were that popular. I myself have a slick Verizon phone, and am content with my service. If it has any games on it I am not aware, nor do I really care. I'll get my gaming need satisfied somewhere else :p .

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] BTA - I used to say that all the time!!! Now I've been thinking about getting rid of my land line altogether!!!! The only people that call me on it are telemarketers!!! Uggh!

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I don't have a cell phone and I'm not about to get one.

It costs a lot and I wouldn't want everyone to be able to get in contact with me whenever wherever (no, not a fan of Shakira :) ).

[ September 13, 2002, 19:37: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.