1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: [poll] Music:)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Saruman, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I know, it has already been a topic like that for sure, but **** it:)

I am mad about Metal :cool:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 46 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: [poll] Music:) (46 votes.)

Favourite music genre? (Choose 1)
    * Metal - 26% (12)
    * Punk - 11% (5)
    * Rock - 33% (15)
    * Rap/Hip-Hop - 2% (1)
    * Pop - 2% (1)
    * R'n'B and that kinda **** - 0% (0)
    * Rave/Techno/Trance [Electronic] - 4% (2)
    * Classic - 11% (5)
    * Jazz - 2% (1)
    * Fake crap (for example Linkin park/Avril L./Limp bizkit...) - 9% (4)

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I couldn't vote...Blues and Alternative were not on your list! It was also missing Norwegian Shouting Choruses ;) :p :lol:

3. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i voted rock as in the beatles, rolling stones led zeppelin pink floyd the doors jimi hendrix etc.

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I didn't vote. You can only pick one. Which to me is useless (you only like one kind of music?). Plus, YOU LEFT OFF FUNK! Unless the obnoxious "RnB and that kind of ****" was supposed to include it.
    For the record, I like just about everything in the poll, with the exception of Techno and "Fake crap".

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I voted metal, because that is first on my personal heirarchy of genres, but i find your poll to be a bit biased: "Fake Crap?" I mean, come on. You will do nothing but offend people with poll choices like that (including me)! And you did not include Country/Western music, among others.

Besides, most people like at least a few different kinds of music, if not a lot!

My list of fav music styles: Metal, Rock, "Classic" Rock, Punk, Jazz, Country/Western, Techno, Rap/H-H/R&B, Classical, Gregorian Chant, And many of the bands that you would include in "Fake Crap" that are actually New Wave Metal.

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hmph, i didn't vote.
    Several reasons really:

1) No Funkrock, or Electro Funk/Pop/Rock.
    Jack Funk i so agree with you.

2) All those things you've listed are stupid 'stereotypes'. How about Hard Rock, Rock, Old Rock, there's loads you've missed! Hip-Hop and Rap are different, even tough i listen to neither.

"R&B and that kinda ****", now you've got to ask yourself, are you seriously going to dance to Mettalica? Doubt it. I'm not a big fan of R&B, but it's good if you're in the right mood.

3) No Drum & Bass, Blues, Classical (all the different types) etc, you've only put 'classical'.

4) Now this annoys me:
    How are Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne "Fake Crap"? I'm not saying i like either of those, but Avril has a great voice, with talent to back, Limp Bizkit have been going for a good time, and how are they 'fake'?
    Linkin Park have achieved huge success through their debut album, and i can't see them being fake either.
    BTW: Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park I would class as Rock/Pop/Hip-Hop, and Avril as Pop.

"Fake" is stuff like Tenacious D (where's the talent?), Steps/S-CLub 7/Westlife. Even boybands like N'Sync, backstreet boys and them have singing talent, even though they are manufactured etc.

- Finally, there is no Alternative. What about those really alt. bands out there?

Hmmm... think about your questions/choices next time, and even though you may only like one type of Stereotyped Music, doesn't mean everybody else does.

Goph

Just incase you were wondering; may fav' bands are Placebo, Basement Jaxx, RATM, amongst so many more.

[ November 15, 2002, 19:04: Message edited by: Gopher ]

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Agreed. I voted Classical, but I like modern classical music (especially from Japan).

8. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As everyone has said your are missing so many types of music, plus the poll is biased. So i did not vote.

You forgot so many types of music
    • House
    • Scratch(aphex-twin)
    • Industrial
    • Gothic
    • Trip-Hop
    • rock-rap
    • classic metal
    • Baroque
    I could go on but there is no point. The poll is skewered towards the rock side of music, and does not attempt on trying to find what kind of music people like best

[ November 15, 2002, 19:19: Message edited by: Thorin ]

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] :love: avril lavigne, music irrelevant so voted for fake crap.

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You forgot Groove MetaL!!

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    For me:
    Up-Tempo Jazz
    Acid Jazz
    'Chase Music'
    Lounge
    Trip-Hop
    Drum&Bass
    Goa-Trance

Since there was just one of them in the poll, I chose Jazz, and I seem to be the only (at least 1st) one.

Since there are almost as many music-genres as musicians, I understand it's very hard to name them all, but you could add some more, methinks. ;)

'You forgot Aiya Napa!'- Yes, of course! Because nobody has ever heared of it before!!

[ November 15, 2002, 21:02: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

12. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Master of Nuhn,

Could you recommend some good Lounge? I don't know where to start.

13. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I didn't vote because you limited people to one choice and I listen to more than one style of music.

You also forgot Country (maybe different categories like old country and country rock), Folk, Jazz, and lots of others.

14. silent_elf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] quote

I voted Classical, but I like modern classical music (especially from Japan).

that music is **** layrex,why do you listen to it, youve turned into a poof, you used to like metal and all that ****.why, youve broken my heart

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Am I the only punk rocker here? kewl!

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG]
    I wouldn't use the term 'poof' if I were you Andy, you might just have insulted someone. I used to like rock, but now it's all turning into the same, boring, cliche songs about love this and fighting that. Pure drivel most of it. It's bands like U2 and Red Hot chili Peppers that are keeping it alive. With crap like 'Busted' coming out who would want to be a part of it? I'll take Rikku over some long haired maniac screaming F*ck down a microphone anyday thank you very much. I get called a 'poof' alot during the day because of my hobbies, i'd rather not have one of my so called 'best friends' call me it too.

Now I sugest you change your post before a mod sees it.

17. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I refused to vote too. How come it's impossible to vote classical, R&B, rap, hip hop, rock, (alternative), metal, pop, and "fake stuff".

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm I actually find Tenascious D quite funny and amusing, he also manages to write catch tunes, no great music but if I zap to mtv and he is on he is one of the few I stop for.

Mostly I listen to music that wasnt either on your list and that sadly hasnt been mentioned by anyone! Old fashioned singer/songwriters like Bob Dylan, Bruce Cockburn and some swedes who are great for example Björn Afzelius, Mikael Wihe and Ulf Lundell.

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Yeah, they were interviewed by Jonathon Ross on TV the other day, (UK). They're both very funny guys.

20. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] There are only the main genres (house/drum'n'bass are electronic).
    I really forgot funk and alternative, but blues is something like jazz, I think (tell me if I am wrong, I never listen to that kind of music).

About the "fake crap":
    I think that these bands are fake, because they want to be something that they are not (Avril-alternative skateboarding punk-rocker/Linkin park-tough metal guy...) and I hate Limp Bizkit. That is because they had an audition for a new guitar player and millions of young people went to try and they had to sign a contract that their riffs are now the property of limp bizkit and they can do whatever they want with them. And the band didn't pick anyone then! They just used them to get their riffs :grr:

And all this "fake bands" have lyrics, which my 7-year old cousin could write. For example:

I'm with the skater boy
    I said see you later boy
    I'll be back stage after the show
    I'll be at the studio
    Singing the song we wrote
    About a girl you used to know

or

do you know where you are
    welcome to the jungle punk
    take a look around it’s limp bizkit
    ****in' up your town

That only makes me laugh :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.