1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Saddest movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faerus Stoneslammer, May 12, 2002.

1. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Here's another poll, what's the saddest movie you've ever seen, the one that brought a tear to your eye or had you bawling your eyes out?

2. Vladimir Furey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hmmm...I remember when I was like 8 and went and saw Black Beauty with some friends. I cried when the one horse died(i think it was the brown one)...that was the only movie I've seen that actually had me crying(and I don't know why).

3. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"Boys on the Side". I virtually never cry in movies but the ending of that one has me wailing every time.

... I realise that it's a total chick movie and probably none of you have heard of it. :D

[Edit: here's a description of the movie I lifted from the internet. I fully expect men to cry- or retch- at this account of the sob-stories women go for: ;)

"Three mismatched women--an African American lesbian, an uptight AIDS sufferer and a flirty young pot-smoker--travel across the country together in this alternately funny and moving quasi- feminist road dramedy. Whoopi Goldberg stars as Jane, a recently unemployed nightclub singer who is now looking to make a new start of it out west. After answering an ad from a young woman named Robin (Mary-Louise Parker) who is looking to share the driving on a road trip, they hit the interstate and embark on a remarkable journey that transcends distance and geography. Passing through Pittsburgh, they use duct tape and a baseball bat to rescue a friend of Jane’s (Drew Barrymore) from her drugged out and abusive boyfriend. Now on the lam, the three friends traverse a landscape of revelation and self-discovery in Boys on the Side, a powerful character study about three women who persevere despite personal tragedy and unflagging obstacles. Directed by Herbert Ross, this one is a must-own for fans of quality filmmaking and terrific storytelling."

I'm sniffling just thinking about the ending...

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited May 12, 2002).]

4. Vladimir Furey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

nope never heard of it hehe. I remember when I saw Pearl Harbor with some of my posse last May. People were actually crying when Danny died. I was the only one laughing I think. Weird.

5. Armageddon at the end ..
    man i'm weak :(

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hehe I've never heard of it either :)
    Well I dunno, I tend to get a bit emotional when the bad guy in the movie dies or gets to be made fun of. :p

Seriously though, when watching a movie, I always feel the presence of the cameras and and the efoorts of the actors and the stupidities in the plot or set so it's very rare I get moved by a movie.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Titanic.

(obviously?)

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well - I cried the first time I saw "old Yeller" when I was a little kid.

I also got a little misty when I saw "My Girl" when Macauley Caulkin died...Caveat: It was on the plan ride home from Russia and I hadn't slept in 46 hours...

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I remeber when I was little I cried a lot during ET

[This message has been edited by Uytuun (edited May 12, 2002).]

10. sorvo Guest

"Blow" bring's a tear to my eye at the end. I lived a minor version of that life.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am a real sucker when considering tear moments in movies, I fall in the trap virtually every time. Armageddon had me crying like a new born babe when they were about to be launched and that little boy saw his father on tv and so on. But I must say that I dont cry on the super cry occasions, didnt cry a drop during Titanic and neither did I during Pearl Harbour (could have been because it was a shitty movie all in all though). But generally am I a cry baby when watching movies.

12. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Bambi, when her mother gets shot :(:(:(

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] CL: Bambi is a male

Two films made me cry: Little Mermaid and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

14. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

oops, I remember now, he stands up all magnificaent at the end :o

I forgot cos the film is so sad, I haven't been able to watch it for so long :)

15. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I cried when I watched Beaches for the first time, and the second time, and the thrid time, and so on.

Baldak can't watch Dumbo without getting misty :p

16. [​IMG] When I was 10-ish, I saw Homeward Bound (two dogs and a cat travel across the US, or something), and I was in floods when the golden retriever came running out of the woods at the end. :wail:

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited May 12, 2002).]

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"boys on the side" was a great movie, i especially loved the song. i cried in another w. goldberg movie though - "the color purple". it's actually a steven spielberg's movie.

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'd have to agree with Armageddon.

Also, Glory, which is a film about an African American regiment in the U.S. military during the Civil War. Very emotional.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The only movie I have ever cried in was Romeo + Juliet, but then I was in Elementary school... After that, nothing has caused more than some serious blinking. Except for the Duel of the Fates in PM... I almost get seizures when Qui-Gon kicks the bucket... :)

Ara
    (Just got an idea for a topic... beware...)

20. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Romeo+Juliet when Mercutio dies, and braveheart in the ending. The music just gets to me as that sword swings through the air

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.