1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Seayer - Distinguished member?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 15, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've decided that in light of all his generous contributions to keep SP running, Seayer should be given a permanent golden "Distinguished Member" title. (In case you don't know who he is, read the Member of the Week thread in this forum.)

However, Seayer has doubts about accepting the title unless the majority of people on SP are willing to allow it to be given to him. Of course, I told him that I have no doubts about the majority supporting this, but he'd still prefer to see it for himself, so please vote in the poll here and convince him.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 71 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Seayer - Distinguished member? (71 votes.)

Seayer - Distinguished member? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 94% (67)
    * No - 6% (4)

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

No doubt, there should be more of your generous kind Seayer.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hehe, good one Aik.

Also, of course!! He have contributed more than a lot of us, the only bad thing is him giving lazy scumbags like me bad coinsience.(sp?)

5. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

14-0. He'll surely have the title.

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] He really puts me to shame.
    But Seayer :wave: - you have so deserved this title! Please, accept it. Your generosity must be honoured (or I will feel even worse).

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I would have definitely voted yes but I voted no because he doesn't post. Post more!

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sarevok - prepare to be mobbed. And beware of Tal's almighty wrath :p

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't vote.

My concern is whether, by giving Seayer this title, he would feel undue, self-imposed pressure to keep contributing, even though he may decide at some point to cut back or stop.

If not, then no problem. He deserves it.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and ditto Sarevok - post more! :)

[ May 15, 2004, 17:10: Message edited by: Splunge ]

10. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member Veteran

@Sarevok Anchev, thank you sincerely for your honesty, and I agree with your words, as why I wanted this poll. I know I do not post a lot, but besides that, I do look through what posts are up. Again, thanks for your honesty.

@Splunge,
    I thank you for your concern, but with or without such a title, I want SP to be around for a long time, yet were I not able to donate, I would not, but at this time, I do not face that situation, so is the only way I can think of to help the site continue.

I thank you all so far for your comments, please, keep them coming, and let me know how you feel!

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes, as long as it is nothing "Only-For-Him." Meaning: what are the rules that *everyone* can get it? If those are set up, okay; with that amount of money, you should get a bit more than a week of ( :p ) "virtual honor."

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've got a better idea.

Tal, instead of a title, why not let Seayer occasionally borrow the BMW you're buying with his donations?

:p :p :p

Disclaimer:
    I know it costs money to keep SP up and running, and I know the donations are put to good use (I wouldn't make donations myself if I thought otherwise). But, being the jerk that I am, I just couldn't resist. :D

Edit: I have now voted 'Yes'

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sounds like a fine idea to me, and it reminds me it's about time to pull out my virtual wallet as well . . .

Edite: BTW, I don't think there should be any clamoring for more posting. The fact that Seayer values this site so much without the need for, err, uhhh, spamming makes his donations all the more special.

14. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member Veteran

Well all,
    Seeing that in just one day, 34 people have voted that I should get the title, really means a lot to me, by the way, I voted 'no', so if the rest would feel I was worthy, my vote wouldn't matter, but it seems to me that some really wish me to have such, so at this time, I will give Tal the ok to put it on my avatar, and hopefully give him a break about putting the MotW title on me so much ( :lol: ). My sincere thanks to all of you.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I definitely agree that everyone who donates in the same range as Seayer should get the title... though until Seayer came along, there was really only one such person, who donated a number of times (Spellbound). dmc's today's most generous donation also brings him near there, however. So it makes sense that these people should be awarded with a special title.

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    With the amount of donations this site gets (some pretty hefty as well) I can only assume that SP has enough money to keep it going for years / Has very big monthly bills / Tal eats well!

17. Taluntain

Media:
    The sheer running costs of SP (server and all the technical aspects connected with the site) are about $200 every month at this point. Considering the pop-ups have been taken down a few months ago, the advertising income is a grand total of $0 every month. Which means the site is literally running off donations. And only the big ones every now and then help to pay off the bills. Some extra money has accumulated over time, but we've been eating into this fund rapidly lately with literally no advertising income. So don't assume there are stockpiles of cash behind SP. When you have to cough up $200 every month, the donations get used up extremely fast.

18. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Thanks very much Tal! :D All of us members put a great value on this site and what it has to offer....hell, we spend half our lives here! We're all aware too....of how much it takes for you to keep this little playground up and going for us, free of charge. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're very appreciative of your efforts and don't ever take it for granted. It's quite an achievement -- what you've done -- making SP what it is today. Thanks!

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ditto, Spellbound. Couldn't have put it better myself.

20. Splunge

Media:
    Congrats to both Seayer and Spelly. :)

Edit: I guess I should actually learn how to spell Seayer's name properly. :rolleyes: :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.