1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The NPC Shredder...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kitrax, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...well, after much thought I have come up with a silly idea for a mod. I call it The NPC Shredder.

Basically when you meet up with any of the non-romancable NPCs, through dialog you can convince them to come with you to the city's sewers to help the PC with a quest that only they can overcome. After being transported a spot in the sewers, you will once again have to convince him or her to walk in to a machine. Once inside, you can either leave them there to figure a way out, or slam the door shut and pull a lever that turns on the Shredder...permanently removing that NPC from your current game, and providing some much needed food for the local rats.

So, if I actually decide to get this mod made and released, which NPC(s) would you send into the Shredder?

I vote Minsc, because I hate him, and Yoshimo, because of what he does to you in SoA. :rolling:

[ June 16, 2003, 12:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 39 user(s) have voted.
    Voting starts at June 14, 2003 22:43 board time.
    Voting stops at June 21, 2003 22:43 board time.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: The NPC Shreader... (39 votes.)

Who would you send in? (Choose 2)
    * Minsc - 18% (7)
    * Jan - 3% (1)
    * Edwin - 10% (4)
    * Korgan - 5% (2)
    * Valygar - 0% (0)
    * Cernd - 10% (4)
    * Yoshimo - 13% (5)
    * Nalia - 36% (14)
    * Keldorn - 3% (1)
    * Mazzy - 5% (2)
    * Haer'Dalis - 18% (7)
    * Imoen - 10% (4)
    * Saerovok - 5% (2)
    * Any/all of the NPCs that I'm not going to have in my party this game - 10% (4)
    * Just the results for me... - 15% (6)

Would you actually download and instally the mod? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 36% (14)
    * No - 49% (19)
    * Just the results for me... - 15% (6)

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dude...you're kind of a nutbar...you must now this. And coming from me, that's saying something. :D

The only one I would really munch would be Anomen, I suppose. Not crazy about Nalia either. Maybe just smack her around with a shovel, but that's about it.

I would hope, as long as people are in the mood to make mods, you'd make a mod that's the exact opposite: add several NPCs that DON'T suck, rather than chipper-shreddering the one's that do.

But hey...whatever floats your boat, man! :thumb:

[[ PS...it's spelled "shredder" ]]

[ June 14, 2003, 23:11: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

3. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I didn't see Anomen's name as a possible "shred-ee"

When I'm in an evil game I already do a version of this, which is take the unfavored one into combat without armor or weapons, and cast hold person on them.

With the ease-of-use mod, I sometimes also tell people to "stay here and wait for me" in Sahaguin city, the underdark, or the Planar sphere's alternate hell dimension.

Anomen and Nalia tend to be my least favorites because of their condescending, holier-than-thou attitudes. If I get that far, maybe I'll write a romance mod for those two where they can congratulate each other for their superiority in helping the little people.

"Ohh Poopsie, it was sooo noble of you to dirty your mace protecting that pungent, unwashed peasant..."

"And thank you Muffin, for magic-missiling that stinky minotaur before he could dent my armor."

-they smooch loudly, Anomen daintily blushes and lifts back one foot, and the party.... runs to vomit-

[ June 14, 2003, 23:20: Message edited by: Tayja ]

4. Kitrax

Media:
    Lat I checked Anomen was a romancable NPC. That's why he's not on the list...plus, with him if you speak the right way he'll walk away from you and never come back. :rolling:

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, I get that - he's just the only NPC I dislike enough to wish such a horrible fate on - and even that's stretching it. I know he wasn't suitable for the purposes of your mod, just stating he's the only one I would consider shreddin'.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I hate Korgan -- he's a disgusting twerp. I also dislike Yoshimo -- my thesis for doing this to him would be that Haer'Dalis (a frequent member of my party) actually TELLS me what he suspects, instead of just hinting about it. Having found that out, I kill Yoshimo.

Of course, you can just kill any NPC you wish, can you not? Or send them into a brutal fight butt nekkid.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think it's pretty cruel really. I wouldn't shred anyone.

It's like asking which member of SP would you put in the shredder.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well thats a simple answer 8people. You of course :p Na just jokes. I don't see why so many people would want to shread Nalia. She's one of the best characters IMO.

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You know what'e better than shredding? Other far more evil things!

But still, if I don't like a character then I just don't use them.

Actually I'd put anyone through the shredder and there is only 1 character that I have never played more than 5 mins, that's Minsc. I hate him. I would download the mod so that I can shred and reload and shred and reload and shred and reload....

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Choise #1: Anomen (Can't have :( )
    Choise #2: Sarevok (Maybe he stays dead this time)
    Choise #3: Haer'Dalis :evil:

Others are pretty much decend chaps -people I no doubt could come along (with Edwin it would be, perhaps, a strain). Paint "Unshreddable" on them.

11. sirfrank Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

<<When I'm in an evil game I already do a version of this, which is take the unfavored one into combat without armor or weapons, and cast hold person on them.

With the ease-of-use mod, I sometimes also tell people to "stay here and wait for me" in Sahaguin city, the underdark, or the Planar sphere's alternate hell dimension.>>

That is absolutely evil. Congratulations on being so into the spirit of this game! I never thought of such a thing as doing what you have expressed here at the forum.

12. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Jaheira ofcourse. Sadly she's not on the list.

13. Kitrax

Media:
    That's not a bad idea! Heh, just kidding...

Just to make things interesting, I would let you try to shread a romancable NPC, but the result wouldn't be very favorable for the PC. Also, if you are currently romancing that NPC, the romance would be ended...and there will probably be a chance that he/she will leave the party. :rolling:

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Kitrax, only people of true chaotic evil tendencies would be downloading this mod.

You just shredded them apart and they don't leave the party? Wow, wish I could find a girl with that kind of loyalty :D . Seriously, how the heck wouldn't they? Shredding would sort of "chunk" the body and there would be no way to resurrect them.

For the record, how could you shred Sarevok if the machine is in the temple district of Athkatla? By the time you can get him, you can't go back to Athkatla.

Seriously, I hope you drop this idea, as you'll get maybe 3 people downloading it.

15. -EnigmA- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

NO! Don't drop it! It would be hilarious, though would the other party-members just stand idle while the PC shreds the people he doesn't like?

16. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Whole idea sounds pretty stupid to me. Pity topics like this are quite numerous lately.

17. Kitrax

Media:
    @Rastor" I think you need to take a closer look at the quote in your own post!
    The word "TRY" means that they would figure out what was going on and get pissed off about it. Common sense here people!

@Enigma: They would be told to go look for something that's on the other side of the sewers.

@Rastor: Hmmm...good point, in that case, I would move the Shreader to Watcher's Keep...there, problem solved. :rolling:

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Imoen. Nobody else, just her.

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    :lol:

I'd probably send EVERYONE in at some point, just to see what happens. You could make them throw some nasty, nasty comments at the PC...

"You'll die for this, you insufferable monke....*splurgh*"

And maybe possibly have the other NPCs commenting? Like Viconia commeting "Good riddance" on Keldorn... :p

But I'd like to shred Nalia and Minsc the most.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Yeah, Edwin muttering to himself.
    "ONe day....." SPLAT!!!!!

I'd get that Nalia/Anomen romance mod, just for a laugh.
    But I prefer getting NPCs to start fights with each other, then mincing the one I don't like, eg Anomen and Aerie, or Keldorn and Viconia.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.