1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The very first Inn room Poll!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ofelix, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What kind of inn room do you rent? I know this poll is rather stupid but I just can't help it!

DOH! the ¨Noble¨ should read ... I don't have much money to spend....

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: The very first Inn roomPoll! (50 votes.)

What Room do you rent? (Choose 1)
    * Peasent- I'm cheap as hell! I shouldn't have to pay more than 1 gold! - 26% (13)
    * Merchent- I don't want to pass as a dandy yet I want confort - 16% (8)
    * Noble- I want a good room, but I don't much money to spend - 2% (1)
    * Royal- Nothing less for a son of a god eh?! - 50% (25)
    * I don't rent room I sleep outside theur're way to expensive - 6% (3)

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always go peasant. I've always wondered if there's any advantage to the more expensive rooms - peasant seems to do everything I expect resting to do.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I always use Peasant.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

peasant

the only time i've rested in the most expensive rooms was in ust natha where there is no other option... bloody ripoff too

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I normally spring for the merchant, but occasionally will splurge on the noble -- except for Ust Natha where you have to go royal (and at twice the price of a royal room on the surface, I might add). After traveling for long periods of time, and having to sleep outside, we deserve to rest comfortably once in a while.

6. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I roleplay alot! So therefore, after a hard days worth of adventuring, life risking and all else that goes on, I'd like to make my troops feel at ease when they rest, so I usually went for the most expensive room available.

7. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeah, that's exactly what I do, couldn't have said it better myself.

I would have chosen either the first or last option, because that's what I do for a while, but you get some money in pretty quikly.

8. Scoobiez Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's the Royal Treatment for my guys!

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Damn! I made this Poll tooo quickly and I realized I made MANY MANY typo error D-O-H!

Me? Nothing Less than royal for me! I mean what is 16gp? You get about three gazillion piece of gold after chapter 3 anyway!

10. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is there any benefits for renting better rooms??

11. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] A chance to recover more hit points Thyorna.

Sometimes a person can be out like 20 HP, and you are all out of healing spells, and you might be in a crux to save money instead of purchasing healing from the temples, but if you rest in a royal room, chances are good that person can recover every last hit point lost. :thumb:

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I use peasant mostly... unless I'm romancing someone. ;)

13. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

in the beginning i always choose peasant, but once my economy is up, useally in chap 2, i choose the better ones......though what i choose depends on my mood :cool:

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It depends if my characters (or better said me) earned the nice room. If one screwed up by throwing a fireball in my party I always choose peasant, if they just killed Firkraag they get the royal room ;)

15. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Pretty much the same as Apeman.

16. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My cleric will heal me up before resting, so the only point of it is to avoid fatigue and to rememorise spells. For that, only the peasant room is needed.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From a roleplaying perspective, I always take the best room. What's 16 gold to pay for the rat-free luxury suite when I have 60,000 bucks? I can see taking the peasant room in BG1, especially in your first 3 or so levels when money is scarce, but in BG2? Gimme a break. Money isn't ever really that much of a factor in the game, and since I don't rest all that often, I go for the good room. I am the spawn of a God, after all. :D

C'mon, people...it's a game! Live a little.

18. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I always take the best room available. I don't really see the roleplaying in taking that room, because I don't see the roleplaying factor in the amount of money you gain. I mean: I have hundreds of thousands of gold pieces and most other people in the game think 100 is a fortune. Give someone 100gp and he is good for the rest of his life, how can that be if money is so easily gained?

Sorry for going off-topic. I think the royal room is the best option however, because my characters deserve the best. I hardly ever rest in an inn though. Too much fuss to go to one..

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wouldn't say money is easy to come by at all for the average Faerun citizen. Obviously, the PC and his party are anything but average.

Most people can't cast spells, plunder dungeons, slay dragons, overthrow slave lords, clear out vampire infestations, run errands for the shadow thieves, own playhouses and keeps, slay tough enemies and take their loot, liberate elven cities under siege, exact revenge on diabolical exiled elven wizards, and then ascend to the throne of godhood. Duh! ;) :p :D

That's why you adventure. The fact that you stay alive long enough to amass such gold is testement to your skill at the dangerous life you lead. If an average citezen were to accomplish just ONE of even the smallest quests in BG2, it would be the story of their lives. If it were easy, there would be no money anywhere, because everyone in Faerun would be an adventurer! Why tend cows when you can crawl dungeons? Not easy at all, IMO.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Actually, for most of us, it's more a testament to our skill at using the Reload button after we die a horrible and messy death. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.