1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Wanna be a God or not?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tolomus, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Tolomus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hiya, just wondered if people wanted to achieve Godhood in the end or not.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Wanna be a God or not? (28 votes.)

Wanna be a God or mortal? (Choose 1)
    * God for sure. - 54% (15)
    * Definitely mortal. - 46% (13)

Why do you wanna be a God (if applicable)? (Choose 1)
    * To carry on murdering where Bhaal left off. - 11% (3)
    * To act as a force of good and justice. - 21% (6)
    * Just for fun, got bored, etc. - 11% (3)
    * Other. - 11% (3)
    * I Didn't choose godhood, became mortal instead. - 46% (13)

Why do you wanna be a Mortal (if applicable)? (Choose 1)
    * Carry on a romance with someone. - 32% (9)
    * I wanted to settle down. - 4% (1)
    * Didn't want the responsibility. - 7% (2)
    * Other. - 18% (5)
    * I Didn't choose to be mortal, chose godhood instead. - 39% (11)

So what do you think of my first poll? (Choose 1)
    * Been done before. - 36% (10)
    * Amazing! - 18% (5)
    * Average. - 39% (11)
    * Never post a poll again!! - 7% (2)

2. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Actually, you can vote here too.
    Not trying to discourage you, but I think the previous one is better... :)

3. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Of Course! What else would you wish to achieve?That is truly my devoted sole pur.... Oh you meant in the game :D

BTW, the other poll shut done a few months ago, but the comments and results are still interesting.

I think you owe it to everyone, yourself and Faerun, to become a god- there is little other choice. To walk away from your responcibilty may seem the good option, renouncing power and taking humility, but to take on that mantle is a terrible burden, to walk away is the easy way out, and it is inevitable with time in any case.

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] @Skywind
    Voting is no longer possible in the other topic.

5. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Declining power is surely surely the "neutral", rather than "good" option.

6. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Wanna be a God or mortal?
    God for sure.

Not really sure though. If I were evil, I definetely would want to become a god, but if I'm good, I wouldn't really know. I would probably choose to be a god. However, if I'm romancing someone and I'm good, I want to remain mortal.

Why do you wanna be a God (if applicable)?
    To act as a force of good and justice.

Why do you wanna be a Mortal (if applicable)?
    Carry on a romance with someone.

Not Viconia however, not that I ever romanced her, but it would seem to me that she would hate you for being so weak. Sarevok is angry when you decline godhood, so I think she (as an evil person) would be too.

So what do you think of my first poll?
    Average.
    but also
    Been done before.

I don't really mind that it isn't that original, but what I didn't really like about your poll, is in the first question. You ask: Wanna be a God or mortal? My answer would be: well, that really depends on the circumstances. But your answers are really black and white. Take a look at the poll Skywind posted a link to, I like that one better. Your poll has the 'why?' questions though, which I also like.

7. Tolomus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, thx people for taking the time to vote in my poll, and thanks for the feedback. I'll try to be less black and white in the future :)

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I can see valid reasons for a character to go either way -- a truly humble person might simply not desire such power, and instead desire to settle down and live life as a mortal -- such humility fits with any good or neutral character.

On the other hand, a good or neutral character might also want to have as much power as possible, either to maintain balance or promote good.

I can't see many reasons for an evil character to turn it down, unless the source of his evil is extreme laziness. I mean, power and self aggrandizement would be easily obtained if you had godhood.

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Initially I wanted Godhood but by the time I got to the choice I was too attached to my wife and son, so mortality for me

10. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Oh I was wrong! :o :xx:

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Nice try Skywind. Thanks for the props on my prior poll anyway...

12. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Just want to point out that what follows isn't about being nit-picky over spelling -- even though that is a pet peeve of mine too, such as people who don't know the difference between "dual" and "duel," for instance.

But there is a difference between "God" and "god." The first is a proper name, the second is a generic term, and the second is obviously the most appropriate one regarding this game.

:)

13. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*Checks my own spelling* (a god) Woo-Hoo!

Yep, a god is not God. But it could still be argued that A God, and Godhood are acceptible terms, as they are obviously talking about a god, as opposed to the other.

I'm with you on Duel and Dual though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.