1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What is your marital status?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Just wondering how many people are in a relationship, either married, or with a girlfriend or boyfriend.

If you are in a relationship, how long has it been since it started and how long do you think it will continue?

Based on the results of this pole there aren't very many girls here...

[ August 09, 2003, 05:39: Message edited by: Kovalis Darkfire ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 51 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend... (51 votes.)

Are you married or do you have a gf/bf? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! - 47% (24)
    * No, I'm single - 53% (27)

Please specify(wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend,none) (Choose 1)
    * I am married to my wife! - 14% (7)
    * I am married to my husband! - 6% (3)
    * I have a girlfriend! - 20% (10)
    * I have a boyfriend! - 8% (4)
    * I already said I'm single... - 53% (27)

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have a girlfriend, 17 months on saturday :love:

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Cool, I don't have one right now, I hope to ask this one girl out soon though. I am going to call her today and ask her on a date.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm not very good at karate.

(Good luck, by the way, Mr. Darkfire. Be slick. ;) )

5. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] @oze I do not understand what you are implying with that statement oze.

Thanks oze, I will certainly do my best!

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And if you screw up, there's always plenty of fish in the sea. ;) :p

7. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

@Oze You are right about all the fish in the sea, but I think this one is for me :)

Hey, I think I'll write her a poem based on that line :hahaerr:

[ August 06, 2003, 01:10: Message edited by: Kovalis Darkfire ]

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well marital status is to do with marriage but by not being married ones marital status can be that of negative but of negative while in a relationship. This is the reason that on some forms (net or real life, yes it does exist :p ) the options for marital status are, something like, "Married/Divorced/Widowed/Single/Relationship (sometimes with long term in front of it)"

However i'm probably totally wrong, since all i know is from situations i have encountered, i am 15 therefore less situations (but more opportunity) than someone of an older age who, may have, studied languages and their origins and so will inform us that 'Marital' is really a word that was stolen from the <insert language here> word 'Maritay' meaning to marinade a duck. Or something like that :heh:

[edit] damm people editing posts as i post so that what i post makes no sense, more so than usual.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Not anymore. I've been in two long term relationships, and they both didn't work out, mostly because of my own actions. I am, what you may call, someone who screws around. :D

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Married 13 years, dated her for 4 years prior to that.

11. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have a girlfriend, we've been together for like a month.

She's 26, and I'm 20, it's awkward at times.

12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] No girlfriend at the moment. *sigh*

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Married four years, lived together for 7 prior...

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm fourteen, is it even possible for someone my age to have a meaningful, intimate relationship with the opposite gender?

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Bah, when I was 18, I fooled around with one 22 one and one 14 with change. Oh wait, I inverted the sequence, the latter one was before the former one.

As for present:

Conscription Clerk (civilian), after asking loads of other questions, which rendered me pissed off: Marital status?
    chevvy: Single as for now.
    CC: For now? Is any change planned?
    chevvy: Actually, I'm not in a hurry.
    CC: Children?
    chevvy: None I would know of.

Single, dating. Generally, I stress the word 'single'. I'm not married, so I'm single, you know :D

[ August 06, 2003, 11:24: Message edited by: chevalier ]

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Married for almost 8 years. Dated two years before that. (Prior to my wife, my longest relationship was under 5 months.)

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Today is our 119th month anniversery. Good thing I have big things planned for one month from today or the wife would probably kill me. :)

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Just had our 5 year anniversary in March. Wife now wants a separation. Lord Keldin wants to put things back together, and would do ANYTHING to accomplish that. sadly, beloved wife does not believe him or trust him anymore. Lord Keldin theorizes that his heart is going to seize up and he'll keel over dead from the stress if something good doesn't happen soon.

19. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

being only 14 im not married(unless something has changed that i dont know about) but ive had the same g/f for almost a year now. I'm not sure if you would count that as a long term relationship or not.

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've cought some fishes before, but I was always afraid to get the hook out of their snout. I just started to work with nets, iso rods. I promise to put the litle ones back in the sea.

I'm single... yet.
    I've my eye on one and waiting for a good time to hit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.