1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What sex is your computer?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Talking in the chat about our computers names we eventually faced this highly interesting question: WHAT SEX IS YOUR COMP?

My comp is male btw, and has no name in particular, though sometimes he gains prestigious titles like "Scheissding", "Dreckskiste" ... *cough* to name a few ... but the more I reflect about it: Me and my comp are one! :borg:

Do you name your comp, does he have a sex or is he just a comp-thingie - if so this is the thread to spam about! :shake: :D

[ August 14, 2002, 12:02: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 55 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: WHAT SEX IS YOUR COMP? (55 votes.)

WHAT SEX IS YOUR COMP? (Choose 1)
    * Male - 29% (16)
    * Female - 27% (15)
    * it's a thing you freaks! - 44% (24)

2. Avarahtar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Female!! My computer needs to be treated gently, subtely guided along the right path... Though occasionally disipline must be used!! Just like a real woman...

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Mine is definitely female.

Her name is Jenova Falcon, after jenova from FInal Fantasy 7 and Millennium Falcon.

Why? Because she is bitchy and has a habit of breaking at the critical moment...

Her drives are named Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth, after the three Soldiers in FF7...

I actually talk to her quite often... she's like a beloved stuffed toy to me these days...

*Yes, I hug my computer. And? :) )

Ara
    (A badge from RopeCon: "I'm a random encounter- Hug me!")

4. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's a thing, or possibly a very dad female after I've ripped various parts out of her, and then put others in, or just leaving them out to see waht would happen. It still works though, and doesn't smell bad at all, which leads me to believe that it never lived. :D

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Subject: Box
    Race: Borg

Seriously, I've ripped out and replaced so many components in it that it hardly resembles its original state. Like the Borg. :square:

[ August 14, 2002, 10:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, maybe I should name my computer. I mean, I named by two bats on MSN, I named the School Tiger Jeff and I didn't name what I use every day? Sheesh...

Hmmmm...

7. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Male - the only way to get through to it is with violence. And lots of it. :mad:

Its called "Stupidpieceof*&%$"

8. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You know how I know my computer is female? Because I'm a feminist. Other than that, the only evidence that it's female is, that I've written in colourful gel pen, a piece of paper that says "Shadow Chick" taped just above the monitor screen.

9. Blue Gems: 7/31

Hmmm, that was actually a complicated question... because I have several computers in a network at home. Every time I got a new one (or a new used one), I still kept the old ones, and I used to name them after the TV shows I liked at various stages of my past, like the pc FBI with harddisks Mulder and Scully, or the pc JAG, with harddisks Harm and Mac. :heh: :rolleyes:

My newest one is of course named Fellowship, with harddisks Aragorn and Legolas, my server is named Gandalf, and the whole network is named Middle Earth. :book:
    My printer is Sauron, because it always gives me trouble. :evil:

As I'm in the progress of changing a lot in ny network's setup, I want the names to be more homogeneous, so I plan to rename FBI and JAG to Imladris and Lothlorien, and the harddiscs respectively to Elrond and Glorfindel, and Celeborn and Haldir. (No Arwen or Galadriel here, I couldn't stand the actresses that potrayed them in the movie, and I don't want to be reminded of them... ) Then there's another new (or quite old actually) pc which is about to be included, it will be named Moria, with harddisks Gimli and Gloin. It came with an old printer which will be named Balrog. I guess the next used computer I get my hands on, will have to be named Gondor, with Boromir and Faramir harddisks... or perhaps Shire... or Rohan... :D

I never thought of genders for my computers, but in my language, the word for PC is masculine, so I guess they are males... at least my harddisks are. ;) :grin:

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Gender Nutral

Male computers had no Help Menue

Female computers crash once a month (weekly if you don't buy them flowers)

:good:

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My laptop is male and is called Odessy or my LSM (Life Support Machine.) He has mysteriously lost a lot of memory recently and has been damaged a bit though he's quite cool, silver, though his sound is bad and his video cards don't support a few games that use 3D (B&W and NWN, eg)

But Esion is a female - computers aren't 'things' they are your friends.

Esion is the one I'm on now, she likes me, but mis-behaves when my mother uses her and dislikes some people as she doesn't really trust them, I'm just about the only person who knows her well.

The school one I use for exams is Sharky the male laptop, he is black and has certain surprises - chewing up my exams for example, suddenly turning the sound on loadly when I shut down, disturbing the rest of my class next door

People will now call me insane and rightly too. I like all computers and because I've been on them since I was a wee child I can even hear what is wrong with them! :roll: !

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My old comp...
    Name: Peice Of Sh!@, Comtrash
    Race: Used to be a Compaq...untill I shot it numerous times
    Gender: Well, since it has a bunch of slots, and openings...I'm going to say female

My new comp...
    Name: Aaron's Bitch
    Race: Dell

13. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well my printer is definitly male, I just spent the best part of an hour yelling at it.

BAD PRINTER, BAAAAD

and guess what, it didn't listen, definilty male

14. Blue Gems: 7/31

That's exactly why I called my printer Sauron. He is pure evil... :evil:

15. Never Is A Promise Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mines gotta be a woman the way its always bitching at me and demanding ansewrs to questions

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Logo is a male program:

What do you want me to [101] or [1.1]?
    typed: 101
    What do you want me to do with 101?
    typed: Shove it where the sun don't shine
    I don't know how to shove it where the sun don't shine

Frosty got this at school :grin:

My old computer (Poldren) was an OLD Dell computer who passed away three years ago after moving house :wail: He was my best friend :cry:

17. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My Maybelle is a girl. Can't you tell? :p

I named my guitar and my rifles after boys but my computers are always girls. Go figure.

18. Herf Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I constantly scream "You f*ckin b*tch!" at my computer so I'm guessing it's either female or a cross - dresser...

It just has to many places to put things, so many slots, it just has to be female :D

And also, whenever I try to put anything new and exciting in it refuses to make a sound! It turns off the hard discs, the floppy drive just plain refuses to work and I desperately want the speakers to work, but they just wont!

It won't make my dinner, keyboard falls off and hits me in the groin everytime I stick my tongue out at it, the mouse constantly squeaks and needs cleaning. Even when I tried to make it look all snazzy and good by buying a new tower for no reason whatsoever it made the keyboard fall on my back whilst I was connecting up all the wires. It's definitely female :(

19. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I name all my computers after Greek or Roman Gods or Goddness. My current one is Aeolus. You can take it from there. ;)

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I think mine's male. And it's name is "Joker".

But it doesn't really matter all that much.

Anyone remember the movie "Full Metal Jacket"? Where Joker mouths off for the very first time, and the Drill Instructor *TOTALLY* goes off on him?

I slapped the Joker out of my computer just like that...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.