1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What's your favorite type of camera?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Grumpi, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Grumpi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So, what do you think? I cannot decide for myself :(

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What's your favorite type of camera? (17 votes.)

What's your favorite camera mode? (Choose 1)
    * Chase Cam - 47% (8)
    * Top Down - 41% (7)
    * Driving Camera Mode - 12% (2)

2. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Definitely Chase Cam mode...there is no way I can go through my game whatcing at the same angle while my char is moving or watching straight to creatures I'm going to crush...

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The closest mode to isometric, whatever it's called. That way my eyes don't pop around too much and my sight range isn't too limited. I can always zoom if I want to behold my shining plate armour reflecting sun rays. :p

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I'm with chevalier. I use top view and then modify the zoom and the orientation until it looks like 3/4 perspective. It works for me, and gives a good view of the action. For small or cluttered places, I switch to top view and full zoom out.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's been so long since I've changed cameras that I can't remember the difference between them. I use the third person one where all the characters are really small and you can zoom in and out by using the scroll wheel and can spin around by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Definitely Driving Camera. I :love: the FPS-style controls, and the close-in zoom reminds me of my beloved KotOR on the XBox. That, and the extra view distance from the low angle lets me pick off enemies at range better, which is really handy as I mostly play Ranger-based characters. Occasionally I switch to a more far out view if I need to, but that's very rarely the case.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yup, that's the advantage with Driving camera. You can target enemies quite a bit further away than with top down camera. Usualy you can get a shot or two more in, before they close in on you. You also have more space between, to place your AoE disabling spells (grease, web,...)

I still use top down 90% of the time. It offers the most complete view, which matters a lot, since you dont want to miss that nasty rogue skulking behind you ;)
    When i'm not in combat, just sitting around a campfire with fellow adventurers, then i usualy do switch to something more detailed. Helps conjure the mood.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm with Chevalier, I'd like my game to be like BG2. And it's easy to zoom out to target the right monsters.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Canon. Great digital cameras for the money. :p

The view in the game really doesn't matter much to me. I'm not fond of first person though. I got used to the BG type of view playing the Ultima games -- I'm more comfortable with top down, but have used all the modes.

10. ToddMcF2002 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't know about you folks but I spin the camera and zoom all over the place when I play NWN.

It depends on the engagement. Why choose? Another game with a great camera was Gothic II. Anyone ever zoom out in that game? You can go about 100+ feet up and then back to 3rd or even 1st person. If they had just added The NWN pan mode you would have isometric - that would have been the ultimate camera!

I have hopes that BG3 will have this kind of camera. Frankly NWN is almost perfect - if they would just allow 1st person and *angle adjustment* to the mix. If you get too close to the shoulder it cuts off your field of view which stinks - the camera is aimed slightly down!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.