1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Worst NPCs

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Archer14, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Who in you opinion is the worst NPC in the game and why.

I think every one who can read knows mine but if you don't its Anomen

2. Demonater351 Guest

Archer, if you stop bad-mouthing Anomen, I'll stop touting him. Agreed?

Anyhoo, as for worst NPC's, I'd have to say there's three that aren't terribly useful: Valygar, Cernd, and Mazzy. Simply because of the fact that they are surpassed by one other NPC in their respective classes. (Namely Minsc, Jaheira, and Korgan) Why have those three, when you could have the other three?

But honestly, there's no such thing as a *bad* NPC. It just depends on how you play him and what items you give him.

3. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

What I meant to say is who is you least favorite one.

And actualy I like Mazzy better than Korgan because I like halflings and I like Paladins. She isn't realy a Paladin but she is close enough to one for me to think of her as a Paladin.

4. Drizzt & Co., and Elminster. Also anyone else who makes a stupid cameo appearance :flaming: in such a great game.

Those snobby Harpers who don't trust you.

Any undead blood-drinkers who betray you.

Noblemen/women (no, not Yoda's Drinking Buddy :D)

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

put my votes in for nalia and keldorn

6. FoolioBuddumz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

...hmm...Cernd and Haer'dalis

7. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

None. Really, none! Well OK, Nalia, but otherwise none!

(and Nalia is useful, but annoying)

8. Demonater351 Guest

Oh least favorite?

That annoying peasant in Trademeet who follows you around asking stupid questions. IIRC, his name is Nebber. I always lure him into the graveyard and kill him, whether I'm good or evil.

Least favorite joinable character is Valygar because he's so damn bland. You either need to be crazy, outrageous, annoying, or over-pious to join MY party.

9. Ursaj Gems: 2/31

Two easy words for ya: Nalia and Cernd.

10. Meester M Gems: 2/31

You know who I can't stand? Maevar (sp?), the shadow thief traitor. By the time I finish all his stupid quests, and get the official word to off him, I've already imagined his slow painful death over and over again in my head. Nothing makes my sword finger twitch more than "errand boy" quests.

As far as the playable's go, I would say Nalia, who is definitely handy to have around but just grates on my nerves after a while, "For the needy," indeed. I need to put my boot in your face before you drive me crazy, you second-rate imoen stand-in.

11. [​IMG] You know, I really don't see what's so bad about Cernd and Haer'Dalis. Both have cool starting equipment, don't have bad stats, and have good personalities.

12. Sol'Kanar Guest

You know who I really hate? That stupid shadow theif guy, Gaylen Baele or whatever the hell his name is. I tried to kill him twice before he finally stopped running away and died. "coo" this ya loser.

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Man what's with you people!?!?! :p

I love Mae'Var and Gaelyn Bayle

Gaelyn: "You needn't be strechin' your brain thinkin', I'm sure it's a name you ain't heard before." ... "Coo! Come with me then!" :grin:

And Mae'Var: "A little ham-fisted when you fight, but fairly good at the sneaksman trade." :grin:

As for worst NPC, he's not the worst performance wise (as I think all NPC's come with a fair amount of strengths and weaknesses, and it is the player not the NPC, who makes a NPC seem not as good simply because they haven't developed any good tactics with that NPC, or are forgetting/ignoring some of the NPC's less obvious talents.) but because he is just my least favorite and that is Korgan. Whew, now that was a thought and a half. :p

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hmm...I personaly like Haer Dalis, but I think he is completely useless and uses too many healing potions just to stay alive, and his only use is his good pick pocketing ability. So my first vote would be Haer Dalis.

And Cernd is the second. He is completely useless.

Valygar is the third. Minsc with the gauntlets of dexterity is sooo mutch better than Valygar!!!

Someone told that Mazzy sucks. That's not true. Mazzy ROCKS!!!

Over...!

15. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Minsc SUCKS (IMO anyway) but thats mostly because i find him very annoying. Hes supid and IMO not better than fx Keldorn (for TH-Sword wielder). And mainly because I HATE him!!! :mad:

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Aerie.

Whiny, naive, childish, self-centerd.

Need I say more?

Ara
    (Having returned from real-life Spellhold to cause mischief in any boards she posts...)

17. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Worst aay..Ummm in some bizarre weird BG2 kinda way, there's really not any one thats worse than the other, althought I saw some thrashing Valygar, well he is on my top 5 list, he's good with bows and katana's, let him dual wield Celestrial Fury and Zerth Blade, and girdle of whatever strength, then his strenghts kicks in, well anyways, was about to name a couple of bad ones, and here goes.

Daer'Halis, he sucks sooo much I get annoyed just typing this..And second Nalia, she in fact as other stated, a Imoen lookalike, wannabe, no good NPC. Third Aerie, yeah she is childdish, naive, pathetic and finally frail, she ALWAYS complain about her wings, well Aerie, my Fosterfather Gorion was killed by my brother, but hey I dont complain or burden ppl about it all the time, now do I

okies thats kinda it.........at least for now

18. Glixius Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Korgan rocks!

Korgan: "HAR!" A little pickle tickle with the sister in the back of the church , eh?
    Ye know what they say.......nun is better! HAR! HAR! HAR! :lol: :wave:

19. [​IMG] Umm...I think the worst NPCs are Cernd,Haer'dalis,Aerie,and Nalia.They are too weak .I always get my Aerie dies in battle...ANY battle...even the easiest battle.That is my opinion.

20. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

I like Aerie. Arabwel, are you sure that wasn't a description of Anomen. It sure sounds like it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.