1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Portal bug

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by oyster, Sep 26, 2001.

1. oyster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, I'm obliged for all the advice (cf. my post immediately below). I went back to a savegame and went in on the tomb quest again. I got skulls up the wazoo! I got the dustie's skull from the Dead Nations, I got the chief deader from the Dead nations, I got the skull of the Silent King. I emptied the cache.The portal still won't appear, and I still can't get back to the lower ward.

OK. Herf wants me to uninstall and reinstall. Just to confirm, Herf: I don't have to do anything to keep by chars intact except uninstall from the Control Board, right?

My last save is just outside the Embraced. Should I go somewhere else and save BEFORE uninstalling?

Other advice suggests I find a portal revealer or some such from a quarter I have not yet visited. I don't seem to be able to get to another quarter now. Is there another exit from the Hive? If so, should I go there before I reinstall?

Great game: all the more frustrating since I'm stymied by a bug AFTER I patched it to 1.1b. Perhaps I should just leave it at the curb before it breaks my heart. Sniff.
    O.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wait a minute... I obviously misunderstood your post... I thought you are in Clerk's Ward... :rolleyes:

1. First, I've told you to EMPTY cache folder. Did you do it? No, of course not. :toofar:

2. Number of different skulls in inventory does not open the portal. It opens when you approach it. At least that should happen. But ONLY if you previously learned from Lothar about it.

3. There are two default keys you should know of
    - M (map)
    - L (location)

4. Press L. It should say you're in area AR1400. Then press M - you'll see some red things on the map.

5. Double click on red thing that points "To the Crypt of Dismemberment". Move your party there. Press L and hold it. Move mouse pointer until you get values (x=540, y=800). Move your party there - portal should open.

6. If this doesn't work open the map with M again. On it you'll see red thing that points "Back to Burried Village". Go there. It must work. You'll get to Burried Village and from there you can go to Sigil again.

7. If Burried Village doesn't work too, do as I said and DELETE EVERY SINGLE FILE FROM THE CACHE FOLDER ALREADY!!! Then reload the game.

3. oyster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bless you, E. I found my way back to Lothar with all my skulls! He didn't want any (classy skulls I had, too!) Had to go back down and clean up the wererats and bring what's-his-name's skull back. Now for the night hag!
    O

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.