1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Powergaming a solo Kensai -- what stuff to wear?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

What stuff (I don't care about weapons, just other equipment) should a powergamed solo Kensai be wearing?

Please give me your opinions for SoA and also for ToB.

TIA

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Main thing that i would be aiming for is any item which gives you improved haste (Bracers of blinding strike or whatever they are called) which is hard to get early on but if you are into modding, then there are a few balanced items with this ability out there.

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    For rings I'd go with the Ring of Gaxx (duh!) and a Ring of Free Action or maybe a ring +2 instead if you'd rather have good saves against everything instead of immunity to most things.
    You'll probably want either the Cloak of Cheese or the Cloak of Balduran (coupled with all the other magic resistance gear that you can use you can acheive a pretty respectable MR by the end of ToB).
    The boots are kind of a no-brainer
    I'd use the Shield Amulet for SoA and probably the Amulet of the Seldarine for ToB (since AC doesn't really factor in by this point in the game but saving throw bonuses still help)
    The girdle is probably kind of a no-brainer, too.

4. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You want cheese? There's a suit of armor you can pick up from the Quest Pack that a Kensai can wear :eek: which will give you damn near a -20 AC when combined with a few more...realistic items. If you're gonna powergame...POWERgame! :D

For vanilla game stuff, I'd definitely go with the Cloak of Mirroring (use a Shield Cloak or Cloak of the Troll til you get it) and the Golden Girdle. Until you get the Ring of Gaxx, you'll want the Ring of Protection +2 (and the Ring of Earth before THAT). I'd also recommend the Ring of Air Control for some much needed invisibility early on.

5. UCLAEnigma Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Use an Ion Stone as a helmet. Try the +1 AC or the +10% HP/+1 THAC0 depending on your mood.

6. Drew

Media:
    Actually, the Big Metal Unit is from the unmodded game. It isn't added by Quest Pack.

7. Gregor Gems: 7/31

I'm talking about Green Dragon Plate.

8. Drew

Media:
    If a Kensai can wear it, it's probably a bug. I'll let Sim know.

9. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Not just a Kensai: I've yet to find a character who CAN'T wear it. My F/M/T was sporting it on my last run-through with nary a wizard spell disabled. Yes, that's right...I have no shame.

10. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

where do u find it, i'm pretty sure that i have the quest pack but still havent found it

11. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That's because it's not from Quest Pack. Cheese typically does not eminate from me.

12. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Hmm. I'm afraid it WOULD be totally like me to assume something belongs to one mod when it's really from another. In this case, the armor comes from a group of dwarves you meet on Firkraag's doorstep. I suppose it's possible they're a Dark Ritual creation (the same ones who introduced the improved vampires in Firkraag's lair), although I don't remember anything about them in the Readme.

Regardless, I apologize for casting aspersions of cheese on Quest Pack.

13. Drew

Media:
    Apparently, it's added by TDD.

14. Gregor Gems: 7/31

DEFINITELY don't have that one, so unless another mod is borrowing stuff from TDD, it's something else.

Edit: Ah! Nailed it down. It's from the CoM Enounters Mod.

[ June 28, 2006, 15:30: Message edited by: Gregor ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.