1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"Pretty Boy" victorious again.

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Newfie, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

Is there no way to stop this guy? He totally intimidated Sharmba Mitchell last night and he wins each bout easily. He is dominating in every weight class he goes to. He is the most skilled boxer since Muhammad Ali, maybe even better. I look forward to a fight between him and Judah or Mosely/De La Hoya. I think he would destroy the older boxers. I would also like to see him move up in weight class and fight Winky Wright.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I haven't heard of any of the names in that post, except Ali. Is there really a boxer whose name is "Pretty Boy"? Sounds more like a name for a parrot.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We'd see how good he really is when he gets in the ring with the Hitman ;) . At least, if he drops down from 147, which he should do. Mayweather VS Hatton would be unreal.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't get to see as much boxing as I'd like. I usually get outvoted for the remote at home...

5. Newfie Banned

Barmy, I don't think "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather (For you, Harbourboy) will move down in weight class to fight Hatton when the big money is in moving up. And I really don' t think Oscar or Shane will fight such a dangerous opponent, so it's either Zab or move up and fight Winky.

I understand your need to defend your fellow countryman. Hey, I wanted Gatti to lay a beating on him for all his trash talking but this guy is damn near untouchable. As for Hatton, he hasn't got nearly the talent Mayweather has. Kosta was a one hit boxer and it was a dirty brawl. Floyd's defense and speed would leave Hatton wondering where the hell he is.

The problem with Mayweather is he has a self destructive personality like another super talented boxer named Mike Tyson. And just like Tyson, the only person who will end up beating Mayweather is Mayweather himself.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    Mayweather is much more technically gifted and talented than Hatton, but The Hitmans tenacity would be too much for him. Many good fighters have tried to out-box him, but it just doesn't happen. He's very fast, with great body shots and throws so many punches that it just wears the other guy down. And his punches are bloody hard. Plus, more than that, he's got such a big heart. Defeat isn't an option for Ricky, he's a street fighter and a bloody tough one. I think Ricky would win and I hope Floyd drops back down a weight and gets it on with the Hitman at least once, then he can go on and do whatever. It would be a big payday for him if that's all he's bothered about.

Oh and Gatti has always been a ***** fighter :lol: .

Off topic, but it's all good and well with so much talent in the lighter weight groups, they really are flourishing, but how crap is the heavyweight division right now! And it's one decent fighter, Klitchsko, has hung his gloves up. Ever since Lennox The Great packed it in, it's gone to the dogs :lol: . Now he WAS a champion.

7. Newfie Banned

Hatton vs. Mayweather - No way Hatton is getting inside that defense. He will get picked apart by speedy jabs first then by overhand rights charging in, frustrated at not landing and then end up on the canvas within six rounds. Mayweather is way, way too fast. I always like the tenacity/heart defense from fans. That means they already know their boxer is outclassed. Brawler vs boxer in this case is clearly one sided.

Gatti had more heart than anyone (Ward-Gatti 1 with a broken hand) and that never got him very far. It can only get you so far against talent.

Yeah, I can agree with you on the lighter classes. With Antonio Tarver, Glen Johnson, Jermain Taylor, Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright, Floyd, Judah, Barrerra, Pacquiao, Morales, Corrales and Castillo there are so many classic match ups going on it overshadows the despondent heavy weight division. The last time I got excited about a heavy weight fight was Lewis-Tyson and that was a fiasco. I am interested in seeing Brewster fight again after destroying Golota so quick and the latest fight with Krasniqi. Rahman could be interesting as well.

Lewis will never be recognized as great because he never had that adversary to make his matches memorable. Ali had Liston, Foreman and Frazier, Tyson had Holyfield, Leonard had Duran, Hagler and Hearns. You are only really as good as your competition in boxing. The Barrerra, Morales, Pacquiao triangle is going to be remembered.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Tyson had Holyfield? Lewis beat both of them more than once in his time. He was a great I think. A complete heavyweight boxer, he had no weaknesses really.

Never get inside the defence? Have you seen the Hitman fight? :lol: he punches *through* defences. His fists are like lightning. Pretty Boy would get caught a few times I assure you, and he'd know about it too. Don't get me wrong, it would be Hitmans hardest possible fight, but I think he'd do it. Tzsyu should have been a different class to him, I'd never seen Kosta lose a fight before that day. Very few boxers have fought a guy like Hatton before.
    It looks like the Mayweather VS Hatton argument will have to go unsettled anyway... you think Mayweather, I think Hatton, the only way to see for sure would be if they got in the ring together. Would be one hell of a fight that's for sure.

9. Newfie Banned

The two of them were washed up when Lewis fought them. Lewis's staggering physical size was hard to overcome for smaller boxers. When Lewis met his physical equal in Kiltschko, he ran into trouble. Don't get me wrong, I think Lewis was a dominant champion but whether he belongs in the same league as an Ali, Sugar Ray or a Louis is a different question all together.

Hey, I give credit to Hatton. He beat Kosta which was quite the upset. The man has courage, toughness and a great fighter's attitude: Hold no prisoners. Boxing really comes down to a contrast in styles though. Kosta is a one punch boxer and a slow starter and Hatton capitalized on it. But how does he capitalize on Floyd who has no weakness?

I'm just glad to have someone to talk boxing shop and to argue with on a board I never expected to be talking about it. I would love to see the two of them get together so one of us could eat humble pie the next day.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Hatton VS Carlos Maussa unification match tonight on PPV. I'll be buying it and watching it. The Hitman will get both titles by 12pm tonight :) .

Edit-

Ricky KO'd him in the 9th round. The first 7 or 8 rounds was a little scrappy and awkward, partly because of this guys style but mostly probably to do with Ricky's out of ring problems right now. Maussa is awkward though, very lanky, has a long reach and is a very VERY dirty customer. He deliberately tried to clash heads early in the fight then rubbed the tough of his glove into the cuts he made with head butts. But respect to him where it's due, his chin must be made of iron! Ricky caught him with some real beauties which must have worn him down.
    That 9th round was a masterclass though from Ricky, he boxed properly and as he can do and finished him in real style and KO'd him. Miguel Cotto and Vivian Harris couldn't do that. This kid is the real deal and he's off to America next year to get fights with the likes of Cotto, Gatti and hopefully Mayweather :) . Bring 'em on!!!

[ November 27, 2005, 00:18: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.