1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems with BGtutu

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ban'Darlae, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

After months of reading this message board, I have myself some issue and I can't seem to solve it myself so I turn to you guys.
    I wanted to play a fighter/cleric all the way trough BG with Tutu installed. I have the 3cd version (original saga) and BG2 with TOB on my pc. I have the patches for BG2 and TOB, but in the Tutu readme it says with the Original Saga version no patches are needed.
    Everything goes well in the prologue, in Candlekeep and the 2 crossroad maps, but when I want to leave for Friendly Arm or Beregost, my pc crashes the game and returns to Windows. I tried with the console to teleport myself (MoveToArea) but then the game asks to insert cd 4. There would be no problem, only if I had a 4th cd. I tried inserting the 3 cds I have, but they seem to be the wrong ones. This is really something I can't seem to solve myself, so I'm counting on you.
    Keep up the good work and this nice site, I really like hanging around here. Thanks.

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I dont know wether you´ve installed any mods or not.
    Like The Darkest Day or the likes.
    I know TDD is compatible though, but there might be others that ain´t.
    So, best tip I can give you is to do a fresh reinstall of everything. Test if it works before modding your game.
    And by modding I mean dont change anything. Don´t even add the "Cheats=1" line in the cfg.

If it still dont work, check back.
    If it does work, install mod by mod and try til you figure out which one that bugs your game out and just uninstall it.

Welcome to the boards, hope this´ll help.

Ohh, and make sure you did a full install of BG1.
    I dont know if it´s the same with the 3 cd version as with the 5 cd version.
    But with the 5 cd version you need to choose "Custom" and select everything to do a full install.

Sounds like this is the problem, because you shouldn´t need to change cd´s during any time of the game, just insert the ToB disk and you should be fine.
    So if you haven´t already, try inserting ToB before you do anything else.

3. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31

I have no mods installed for BG1 but I have Unfinished Bussiness for BG 2, but as I said, the game works untill I want to leave those crossroads for Friendly Arms. I did the custom install and checked every box even the movie thingies.
    The pc just crashes, only if I console myself to FA, the game asks for cd4.
    I'm just wondering, is this because of the tutu stuff? When I run Bg 1 everything works just fine, but I can't choose a bigger resolution, and because my laptop doesnt fit the size to the screen, playing BG 1 is very annoying with the extremely small screen and all, I really want BG tutu to work.
    Please, any other suggestions are very welcome, because I'm on a dead end here.

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Might it be something to do with only having the 3CD version? I'm sure I read somewhere that you need to do a full install (i.e. all 5 CDs) for it to work properly.

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The problem is you can't get the 5 cd version anymore.

Anyway, as far as I know, this is a bug with the Original Saga, not BGTuTu. I've heard of this happening just on a normal install.

Have you tried playing the original without BGtutu, to see if it's really a mod problem?

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

I had this same problem as well; unfortunately I can't remember how I worked around it. I think it's a problem with the FAI FMV playing.

Have you tried just MoveTo()?

7. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

When did this happen? I got the 5-CD version from a local store less than a year ago.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I guess it's possible to get it still, but they stopped pressing it a long time ago. The "Original Saga" is kind of an anniversary version.

9. Lawfer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

BgTutu doesn't need the 5 cd, it need a full install. Even with the 3cd version you can do it. I know I finished the game with the original version. (I got both version)

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You have to select Custom Install and then select EVERYTHING when you get the option. That will do a full install and you will be able to play the game properly. Then, add in all your mods and they SHOULD work fine as long as its only BGTutu and Unfinished Business and other Weidu mods.

11. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Might be the FMV that screws it up.
    Open the baldur.ini and under [Movies] change all the 0´s to 1. Or atleast add this line FRARMINN=1 and try if it works.

[EDIT]
    Realized it probably wont help since even though you´ve seen the movies before they still play, you just got the option to klick them away.

12. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31

I did the custom install and checked all the boxes. And yes I tried playing just BG1 without tutu and I was able to go to the Friendly Arms. That's what I think is so strange, only when I want to leave the crossroads (where you meet Elminster)the game crashes. Hell, I guess I'll just reinstall the whole thing (again -sigh-). Anyway, thank you for the reply and feel free to add suggestions.

13. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.