1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Proper Kit Creating Programs?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by February, Jun 10, 2007.

1. February Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I need an easy-to-use or ANY kit creating programs? Im a total computer noob so I can't change scripting and stuff like that....

I also saw two kit creating programs hosted on this site but one is unopenable and the other is unfunctional

so can anyone point me out to a good kit creating program???

(also race making program too if you have a chance)

IM DESPERATE!!!!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Define unopenable and unfunctional...

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @February: Frankly, the only good kit creator out there is WEIDU, and it's actually easier to use than you may think. Cam wrote a really nice step by step tutorial here.

4. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wasn't TeamBG releasing a kit creator program? Does anyone know the progress of that?

5. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Last time I talked to igi (one of the leaders of TeamBG), there was still no documentation. As far as I know, it's the only thing left, and the editor itself was finished relatively long ago (at least this is what I heard -- it's a bit interesting though).

6. February Gems: 1/31

The BG2KitCreator, when I try opening it, it says This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package

As for the KitEditor3, It says please select the BG2 Directory Folder. However, when I try selecting, after I click on program files, it will put me back to the hard drive selection screen for some reason.
    I have no idea why this happens.

@Drew: I saw the WeiDU, but I got stuck at the part where I had to make own context file...thats how bad I am with computers.

7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeah, BG2KitCreator just did the same thing to me.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There seems to be an issue with BG2KitCreator, yea... Not having the VB6 package installed might have something to do with it, but it's not that likely. Still, it's something to try if none of you have it installed.

As for the KitEditor3, you can change the path in the ini file directly.

9. February Gems: 1/31

ok, i got kiteditor3 to work. But after I open it and try to use it, after i make changes to an existing kit and save it, the kit will NOT show up in class screen for character creation for some reason.

On the other hand, when I make a new kit and save it, I dont know how I can make it work in the game

anyone know of any simple instruction manual regarding this program? the readme does not give sufficient information...

10. February Gems: 1/31

someone help?

11. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have no help to offer you. But if it makes you feel any better to at least have someone reply, I'll go ahead and be that person.

That said, I have no friggin idea how to help you, but at least now you know that someone has actually read your post.

Your asking for direction on something that likely only a very small number of BoM users would have the answer to, and this forum has been pretty slow lately. So you may need to wait, or try another message board to see if you do any better.

Perhaps someone at G3, referenced earlier in this thread, can help you on your quest to create a new kit.

12. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Marceror, it also doesn't help that he's trying to create a new kit using something other than the traditional method of writing a WeiDU script. I'm not really familiar with kit creation myself. For the time being, my modding work was done in IWD2, not BG2, so I'm not intimately familiar with the process of kit creation. That said, I've looked at some WeiDU TP2 files that were used to creat new kits and it's not all that nasty for anyone familar with WeiDU and TP2 scripts.

February, like Marceror suggested, you might want to try going over to G3 and/or Pocket Plane and ask for some help over there. The people in those two modding communities may be able to point you in the right direction.

13. February Gems: 1/31

thanks guys....this forum seems dead T_T

14. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Not really, this section is now just often overlooked in favor of some of the newer games or AoDa...as for your question I don't know...G3 would probably be your best bet on who to ask, although you would probably get more favorable responses if you were using Weidu.

15. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Oh, if he were using WeiDU, I think that people would be falling all over themselves explaining how to create new kits. Heck, there are a number of WeiDU related, kit making tutorials at places like G3 and Pocket Plane.

16. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    In all honesty, if you follow Cam's instructions and rip his code to the letter, making a kit with Weidu is a snap. All you need is a text editor, Weidu, and DLTCEP or NearInfinity. CamDawg not only tells you what to do and how to do it, he even provides code that you can use nearly verbatim.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.