1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questing Has Its Bonuses

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Nathan, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Nathan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] When playing the game, I found that certain quests were really benefical to my party. For example:

1. In Easthaven (Prolouge), do the quest with Johen and the Water Spirt properly: i.e. don't tell him to give you everything he owns. Instead, get him his sword back. When you return to Easthaven in the last chapter, he will give you the weapon back, repaired and ready for maiming!

2. In Kuldhar, go to the pub and talk to the serving wench at the bar over the ownership of the Inn. She'll reveal that she has doubts over the current owner's claim to the property. Walk over to the Inn, and confront the owner. He'll deny everything, as you have no proof. End the dialouge, and go upstairs. In a chest in one of the rooms contains a ring (you'll have to pick or force the lock!). Examining it reveals that it is Eidan's Legacy Ring, and the inscription reads that he left the Inn to the people of Kuldhar. Using a netural or evil character (NOT you paladin! Sometimes it affects his/her stats), confront him. Picking the dialouge choices correctly, you can blackmail him into letting you rest for free for the entire game!

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

And what, my dear sir, is the point of resting for free? Kill a goblin, and you can rest for ages.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Wow.

So, is this your first time through the Icewind?

I remember my first time on my laptop, at 640x480. Fond memories of that semester.

*Very* fond memories...

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I envy you guys who have laptops in school. That would have caused me a lot of problems. Anyway, little dialogue quirks like that get better in HOW and TOL, just keep talking and thinking BG.

5. Nathan Gems: 1/31

The point is that you can rest for free without worrying about getting attacked. Trust me, when you are low on health and keep getting attacked everytime you rest, you'll thank me. Besides, you get experience points for this!!!

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I believe that you get more exp for convencing the halfling to confess his crimes to the city council.

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Uhrm, well I *did* steal the ring with my Paladin (Hey, it was the thief, I had nothing to do with that :) ) But didn't notice any change in stats... I convinced the halfling to turn himself in, and that got me some exp...

8. Nathan Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] It doesn't matter f your Paladin breaks the lock, but don't let him be the one that talks to the Inn Keeper. He'll give you abuse about being a hypocryte!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.