1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about DC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Christian, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I never try to DC but I have a question

Everybody is talking about kensei dual to a mage

My question is there, I heard that if you do it that way K/M you get the thaco of the kensei lvl 8 if you dual from the beginning but, does it continu to go down or it stay like that when you lvl up?

If thats so its crap!

I think a Mage dual to a fighter is better, you get more thaco bonus that way and anyway, when a mage is hurt its over so...

What do you think about it??
    Can you answer me plz

2. Rhodry Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When you dc you start back at a mages lvl1 thaco and it grows as a mages till you advance past the level you attained as a kensai, then it goes back to what it was as a kensai, then I believe it grows as a mages does. DC'ing a mage would mean you had the hit of a mage till lvl8 i.e. d4*8 whilst as afighter you get d10*8 so this is a better option.

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

wait till ToB comes out, then you can dual a lvl 19 kensai :)

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Advantages of dc Kensai/Mage as opposed to dc Mage/Fighter.

(Note: I dual class this after level 9 as Kensai.)

- At level 9 you can still reach max level as mage.
    - You get +3 To Hit for those 9 levels. Combined with the THAC0 of a 9th level fighter this makes for a decent THAC0.
    - You get max number of Fighter Hit Dice which can give you 90 HP's + Constitution bonus.

A dual class Kensai-9/Mage-17 was my first BG2 character. It was good, but I prefer a dc Berserker/Mage if you want a fighter/mage type character. Berserker allows shields and helmets as well as the very useful Rage ability.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree, it´s best to dual at lvl-9 from kensai to mage. This way you will get a substantial fighting capability and lots of spellpower - at the end this is almost more useful than fighting.

If you´re out for more ballance play an elven mc fighter-mage.

6. Avooch Dar Guest

Even betr is a berserker dc at levl nine to a cleric. Do you have any idea how much damage ou can do in berserker mode with that crom fayer thing!
    My friend had one and killed Firkragg in two blows!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] You must be lieng as you can only get the 2 handed sword off firkragg so you cant use it agaisnt him :(

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Reply to The Grim Ripper:
    No, Avooch Dar was not lying! He just misspelled it - Crom Faeyr.
    His spelling was close enough that there could be no doubt about what he meant though!
    The weapon Firkraag guards is Carsomyr, a totally different weapon.

9. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ripper, do you really think someone (a regular at the board!) would be stupid enough to lie about something that obvios!? I mean even if he had written that he has been useing carsomyr then that means that he has got it with an editor or something not that he's lying!
    Oh and BTW Carsomyr can only be used by paladins anyway.

10. renegarderose Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just wondering, i started out with a human, but i wanted a familiar(second time around)so i dualled him to mage. Got the familiar, realized i didnt like him as a mage/fighter so i used shadowkeeper to change him back to a fighter. I didnt gain nor lose any XP in the process, but i was able to keep my familiar. IS that considered a major cheat?
    I really like the familiar, and i know its a bit of cheat since it raises hit points by twelve. But not including the familiar thing, since i would do it cheat or otherwise, would it be considered a big cheat?

Renegarde

PS: I hate firkaag he's a huge pain in the...rear end. EVEN on novice!.Didnt beat him. Then again i am pretty weak, and you guys SPOILED IT!! I didnt know the carsomyr was with HIM!!!!! :( WARN US NEXT TIME!!!Well me anyway :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.