1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question **Spoiler**

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Cloud_Fav, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Cloud_Fav Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In the Underdark,one of the matron mother told me to get either the blood,eye or brain (or something like that).My question is :

1. What happens if I were to bring all of those things back ?

2. How long is the time limit for this quest ?

3. Does these items(blood,eye,brain) has any use in the future.For example to forge it into a complete item.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1) She takes them all.
    2) Indefinite AFAIK
    3) Not that I'm aware of.

3. Cloud_Fav Gems: 1/31

Thanks.By the way,what's AFAIK ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As Far As I Know...

5. Cloud_Fav Gems: 1/31

So what is the use of exploring those other caverns ? Is there any special items there ?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure. And even the XP is worth it, not to mention the fun in exploring and adventuring. AND KILLING! ;)
    If you use the demigorgon statue in the Kuo-Toa cave you get to fight 5 demon knights. Nasty.
    But the reward is well worth it. You get the girdle you need to put Crom Faeyr together.
    Or just use it on a char before you decide to give it up ;)

Plus, each DK is 16k XP I believe. 80k XP for a single fight. *hint hint*

Plenty of fun with the beholders and illithids there too.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 27, 2001).]

7. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There is really cool stuff in all three dungeons. I can only remember that you get the hilt and blade for The Equalizer, a really cool longsword. I can't remember exactly what else but I'm sure you can look it up on the walkthrough featured on the site here.

There is a definately a time limit on the tasks. I don't really know what it is but it should be enough for you to complete the tasks. What happened to me was that I did the three dungeons and then went back to Ust'Natha and rested in the tavern, when I woke up, Phaere came and attacked me for taking to long. There was a message saying something like "A gong has sounded. It seems you've taken too long to complete the tasks set to you". This turned the whole drow city against me. So I had to reload my save game and not rest in order to get the dragon's eggs.

Even with all this I wouldn't really worry about the time limit. I think you can rest as much as you want outside even if you go over the limit. But resting in the city will get you attacked. (NB. I haven't actually tested this)

I hope this helps. :D

8. Sorl Guest

Is Cloud_Fav a short for
    cloudkill from the fog of war dragon killing favouring powergamer :D ???

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] You know what Sorl? I think that you read way too much into people's names.

As a matter of curiosity what do you read from my name??? :cool:

10. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Three days is the limit.
    To do all three before the time expires requires good speed, and no sleeping!

SPOILER
    You actually don't need to do all three before the time is up.
    Do the Beholder City and the Illithid Lair first and then return to Ust Natha. If you only slept once (or not at all) you should have time do the Lich's Tower quest.
    After you finish what the Matron Mother sent you to do (in what ever fashion you choose...) come back to do the KuoToa part.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    That´s how I did it, except that I forgot to do the Beholder Dungeon. #*§&% :mad: Lost XP :mad:

12. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

DOH!

and the Blade of the Equalizer, the Amulet of Spell Warding, the Sling of Avoreen +4, and about $5-6,000.

oops.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    AAAAAaaargh :mad:

Well, only the first time - I read this message board after I solved BG-II the first time - completely by myself :)

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I did all three areas before I ventured into the Ust Natha. So when I finally got the quest I could do it in literally no time at all. Talk about time to spare.

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I did all of the areas except the Kuo-Toa one before going to Ust Natha. Didn't even find it. Heh.
    But that still gave me plenty of time to spare, not to mention I didn't have to go on the fetching quests for Matron Ardulace. It's so nice seeing. Oh! Incredible! You already have them! You're amazing, etc. when she asks you to go get them.
    Ego trip. :D

Well after getting rid of both matrons (pretty neat trick, that) I just trekked to the dragon and she teleported me near the exit. But hey, I wasn't about to just split when there's free XP lying around just waiting to be picked... so I did the whole Kuo-Toa area too, and only then got out. (Don't you just love that pinball sound effect when hitting them? :D )

By the way, did someone found out what, if anything does putting infected newts among the healthy ones do? Except the notice that you've killed them all...
    You get no XP for it, and it's part of no quest I can remember, so I'm curious.

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I believe it weakens the regenerating ability of the Kuo-Toan Prince. I was able to kill him without doing that, but it took quite a while since he was a coward and kept fleeing from me while his hitpoints kept coming back before my eyes...

17. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Precisely, those infected vermin reduce the regenerative rate of the Prince. It is a noticable difference if you reload to fight him with and without the food source being contaminated.

Cloud_Fav, I also held on to the Blood of the Prince, the Master Brain and other items thinking that they would have some sort of *interwoven purpose extraordinairre*. Nothing could be further from the truth. They simply 'waste space' in your inventory. Bioware... how lame... they could've done something to give the gamer another "kewl" puzzle or item enhancemnet.

Oh well, mayhaps in some other release.

ps Oh yeah, Blackthorne... "Damn apple polisher!"

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited January 27, 2001).]

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] All RIGHT! That's enough! I can't take these attacks on my character any longer! Either Draco goes or I do! Choose!

You choose Draco? Oh, well then, I was just kidding. Really, I didn't mean it... ;)

19. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Quest specific items never have a purpouse in Bioware games. Why should those ;)

20. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Why not? Could give the game even more depth.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.