1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quests for weak chars?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Judge Matt, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Judge Matt Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've started BGI again with a theif/mage. my party is quite low level and my main PC only has 14 HP. are there any fairly easy quests i can do in order to gain a level or two before facing the mines? (kobolds gave me fits last time so i am wary about venturing iside with so few HP) any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
    -matt

2. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's been a while...but let's see....

There are the three minor quests you can get at the Friendly Arms Inn (retrieve the belt from the ogre, get the ring from the hobgoblins at the top of the map for Joia, and the house in Beregost with the spiders).

You could also go to the wilderness map west of the mines for the Winter wolf pelts (gold and some decent xp - but they're kind of difficult at low levels).

There isn't much in the way of quests before the mines though. Oh! And there's the dead messenger you find on the road to Beregost - take the message to the house at the eastern edge of Beregost, just north of the Thunderhammer smithy.

Only other thing I can think of would be to wander some of the less dangerous wilderness areas for a little while.

3. sorvo Guest

Gnoll Stronghold comes to mind;)

4. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

In the map due north of the naskel carneval(sp?) you can save a cow from xavarts

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

on one map...(one south of high hedge i think) you can find a talking chicken and take it the mage who lives in high hedge.

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Gnoll stronghold would probably be pretty tough if koboblds are a problem...but you could try (no navigation problems like in the mines and it's straight hack and slash, much easier with missile weapons).

You should probably hold off before doing the High Hedge quest (with the chicken) - if your party will find kobolds a challenge at this point, *Don't* go inside High Hege - (minor spoiler - but you've done this before, right?)
    'cause of the Flesh Golems ;)

7. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Minor spoilers below**********

Track down the chicken it's some of the best EXP in the game but it doesn't work always so save before giving the chicken to the mage.

8. Judge Matt Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Tanks for the suggestions! Ive done alot of these quests before but haven't played in so long i forgot if they were difficult of not... heh. a level or two more and my party and i will be ready to kick mulahey's dirty heiny again! thanks again!
    -matt

9. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

All Friendly Arm Inn quests are fairly low-combat. Scour every floor and *pick up the pantaloons*. Be sure to search every nook and cranny of Candlekeep, as well.

10. FisH Gems: 1/31

Beregost has plenty of simple fetch and return quests.

- Firebad Elvenhair wants a copy of a certain book (don't remember which one)
    - Get perdue's (he's in the Readsheaf inn, but beware, readsheaf is a 'brawlbar')short sword back from a few gnolls in the east of High Hedge sect.
    - Find the letter in the sec. south of Beregost, and return it to Marianne (locked house in the east of Beregost)
    - Talk Marl out of attacking you in the Feldepost.
    - Get a pair of boots back for a kleptomaniac halfling in the sec south of beregost, from a couple of hobgobs. (Though you might wanna keep the boots...)

About the High Hedge mage tower, don't worry about entering, just make sure you enter alone, and speak to the mage, before encountering the golems.
    (alone, because npc pathfinding is one of the lesser parts of the game... especially in thight spaces like firewine and the hedge tower.)
    Oh, and bring the chicken =)

Use lots of missile weapons! Jaheira, Imoën, and your char should use some form of missile attack (sling for you and Jaheira). Let Khalid take the blows, he's the sword fighter.
    Must have Item for any mage: Robe of the good/neutral/evil archmagi (Get it at the High Hedge store, though if you're Evil you'll have to wait longer. (Hehe, I'm not gonna tell you))

Thats enough ranting for 1 morning
    cya, have fun

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Don't do the chickens... The high activity of skeletons near High Hedge can be deadly. Start with the Silke-quest in Beregost and kill also the dwarf in the Red Sheaf Inn. Return the ring of protection to lady Mirianne. Next, go to Nashkel. Start with the quest where Greywolf is involved in. Kill him.... for justice, items and money :) Then go to the east. Return the dog to Albert the Demon, Return the cat to Dili, Clear the Xvart village, help the dryad and save her tree, kill the Bandit Guy... That are some easy quests to get experience... start with this... then you are strong enough to head for the Gnoll Stronghold.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.